Users who are viewing this thread

This post is on behalf of the OCE community, and other neglected communities.

The purpose of this post is to receive a definitive answer from the devs as to why the OCE region (among others) continues to be neglected; we have no captain mode, no skirmish, and no battle mode. We have no community servers when we can clearly see European and North American groups and, as of today, Asian groups being given the means to host a community server.

The OCE Bannerlord community continues to cling to life thanks to the efforts of a few dedicated players who play almost every evening, despite the constant server crashes and neglect for our region. We love your game, Mount and Blade Warband was one of the most popular games in Australia and per capita I'd say the Australian community was enormous compared to the EU and US. The player base of games I'd consider to be offshoots of Mount and Blade like Holdfast is enormous, and I know many Holdfast players, Warband players, and Napoleonic Warfare players are just waiting for the right time to jump on Bannerlord multiplayer, but they won't wait forever. Together, TaleWorlds, we can make now the "right time". Either release official servers for the OCE region, or give us players what we need to have our own servers (preferably both) unless you want to cause the long, slow death of a committed and passionate player base.

Is it because you don't see many players? The Jim's Bannerlord discord has over 250 members, and we are just one clan. We've participated in the Captain's League and we are massive fans of your game - we just want to be able to finally play it. Our in game clan has 136 players on the roster and it wouldn't shock me if we were one of the larger clans in the entire game. There are other OCE discord servers larger than ours, but they are dead and see almost no activity, and that's not the fault of the players.

The latest updates adding ranked captain and skirmish mode mean nothing to our community since we can't even play those unless we are willing to brave ping in excess of 300. It is a rare player who is willing to do that let me tell you, and still we fought well in the Captain's League.

Please TW, we love your game and just want to be able to have the same experiences and fun as our North American, European, and Asian friends. How much longer are you going to ignore us?

EDIT: And as of this very moment (3:55pm AEST, 31/5/22) the OCE servers have vanished. Now we have no way to play multiplayer with a tolerable ping.
EDIT 2: 9:36pm, OCE has a battle server! But there's no team damage, we need team damage please!

Last edited:
+1 for sure, I have made a post about this before, and so have a few other people. I have even emailed the taleworld support email, but they told me to post on the forums, so I did, but no one ever responded.

I tried every avenue of communication available to me but no one ever even acknowledged me or my questions.

Last edited:
We are a passionate community and we believe in Bannerlord - but we can't do it forever without prospects of an improved experience. We are at a point where we know exactly when the servers will crash, kicking everyone out. This has been happening for months, without a word about a fix or other help. Not to mention we can't play Captain, Skirmish or any other gamemodes apart from siege and tdm without significant ping - a terrible experience.
Please Taleworlds, don't let us down further.

If they did in fact remove them on purpose, I don't like our chances of getting them back. It took us months of begging with no real response from the Devs just to get our servers in the first place. They didn't event start sending us keys to the Beta testing until like 2 weeks before release. OCE in general tends to get ignored by a lot of game devs for no real reason, but given the lack of attention Bannerlord multiplayer gets in general, it just makes the issue that much worse for us in OCE.

Can only hope that custom community servers aren't that far off, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

+1 we're not asking for much, we honestly haven't had much since release of multiplayer. :sad:
just want battle n custom servers please ?

+1
Though good luck. I've attempted many times to make contact with Taleworlds, and specifically @Callum . I've sent emails, messages, contacted global mods hoping to get some sort of response and all I got was radio silence. There is no love or care of the community.

I ran the largest and fastest growing OCE community for Bannerlord, peaking at 400+ people in the discord before realizing Bannerlord was a lost cause. Taleworlds has abandoned our community, and I don't have any faith in Taleworlds to make any changes. I have lost faith in the game, the whole company and their management team.

To me, Bannerlord is a failure.

+1
Though good luck. I've attempted many times to make contact with Taleworlds, and specifically @Callum . I've sent emails, messages, contacted global mods hoping to get some sort of response and all I got was radio silence. There is no love or care of the community.

I ran the largest and fastest growing OCE community for Bannerlord, peaking at 400+ people in the discord before realizing Bannerlord was a lost cause. Taleworlds has abandoned our community, and I don't have any faith in Taleworlds to make any changes. I have lost faith in the game, the whole company and their management team.

To me, Bannerlord is a failure.
I can understand you're perspective after everything the community has gone through, and can't blame you, we have felt very similar, but it's sad to see your Lords of Calradia is not going to become active again. Good luck with whatever you end up doing in future.

Back
Top Bottom