Occassional AAR: The Story of Stoltz

Users who are viewing this thread

This thread is going to be... a sorta dump for my screenshots. I often have found myself in a habit of taking photos in my games on Steam, and sometimes come up with marvelous results. I have a library of hundreds of photos and I upload them often. Why I do this... I do not know. I have no idea if people look at my photos and try to think of the experiences I have, the characters I make or what not, but alas I have decided to finally keep a sort of track record, a log if you will. Of at least this character.

ComradeCrimson is my steam name, if you were wondering.

Stoltz. Who is he?

Stoltz was born a bastard son to a ruffian soldier. His father having impregnated one of his favourite camp girls, Stoltz never truly met his real father as the man had purportedly died in battle. His mother died during childbirth due to Stoltz rather large size and her health. Weighing as much as a sack of grain and a head like a watermelon with a large smile, Stoltz was a large infant.

Seeing potential for the boy, the mercenary commander of the band took him under his wing. Harshly training him as a boy, Stoltz grew up accustomed to the life of the mercenary, always traveling and training to fight. The commander, the closest thing to a "father" taught Stoltz one thing- how to fight and survive in this environment.

A harsh relationship, Stoltz tried everything he could to get the man's approval. In truth there was no real love between the two of them, the man simply saw Stoltz as a potential soldier.

At the age of 18 now, he had seen a few battles. But the next one would change his life forever.
Fighting bravely in a siege in a now destroyed Swadian fortress, he was knocked out by a powerful blow to his head. All his company were dead, they were serving in contract under the Swadians against the Agonic order. The commander hated god. Spited him for the cruel world he had hewn. And hewn now was him and all his men... Stoltz having been mistaken for the dead. And this upbringing and having woken up in a field of dead bodies comprised with all the men, comrades, and the commander- his "father" told him that in this world he had to live by sword and make the best of it before he died. The many gods of this world did not care for the plight of mortals in their anguish and suffering no; Stoltz knew this. But it did not bother him... there was no reason to break down in tears.

Walking from the field of corpses and shattered ruins of the old castle with nothing but the sword of his commander and a crossbow, Stoltz went out to seek and make his own destiny.

6458E99E7E89AE0D8D4D22224D9E60D86950E6A0

Quintillius said:
Pretty nice! Keep updating this. You should actually even start your own YouTube Let's Play Nova Aetas series!  :grin:

Recording MB can be a **** sometimes, but I'll see what I can do.

Edit: I also like writing as a medium with pictures... but again, I'll see what I can do. Might not be able to have time to make constant videos but I could film some of the greater battles I do.

I play on Iron man mode, save upon exit, and hardest difficulty settings. Fast/normal combat speed, good campaign AI, good combat AI, normal damage to myself and allies, manual block. I play hard or don't at all. It's at about 144% difficulty rating last I checked.

Quintillius said:
I recommend to save often at multilple locations. Just have the discipline to play in iron man mode.

I do iron made mode actually because I forget to save and like its autosave feature for the most bit more then anything.

I'm fairly lazy too; got a lot of work and when I game I just game, taking a screen with f12 takes no effort and writing about it is easy for me too.

Again though I can film big ass battles because there is some things film is cool for. And big ass fight scenes are one of them.

On a side note im enjoying the difficulty of getting troops, you actually have to earn relations with folks before they start following you, makes it more immersive.

Back
Top Bottom