In Progress OC servers are not all there -again-

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded
Summary: this has been a problem for months, most of the time, there is only one OC server up.

Game is now in full release, there is only OC siege, but the other regions have all of their servers. Please put OC Duel and OC TDM up and at least try to make them stay up?
How to Reproduce: go to MP, go to custom server list, look for OC servers, there should be three, OC, TDM, Siege. Most of the time, there is only one or none.

Please dont just turn them on and say "oops its fixed", this keeps happening. Why is it happening? I dont want to be posting support threads just to get you to get these official servers back up

I'd love to play the competitive side of this game but it seems there's no OC servers for Captain or Skirmish either, meaning nobody can get loot for cool cosmetics...

+1. Might have something to do with server restart when they shut down. If a duel server closes, I don't see it back up for 20 mins to 1 hour. Haven't timed it because it's long enough for me to close the game and do something else.

main issue is that there is usually only 1 or just 0 OC servers up at any given time. And now I am just getting disconnected from lobby constantly haha

@MArdA TaleWorlds is there any updates on this? All other regions have their officail TaleWorlds servers up almost all the time (TDM, Siege, Duel), but the OC servers continue to either be ALL down or only having 1 up at a time, then when that server goes down, it does not come back.

And as Custom servers cant get Gold, all OC players just cant get gold, which was advertised as a feature of the MP section.

It has now been 1 month since this was reported

@uçanbiblo do you know if there is any update on this? I tagged @MArdA TaleWorlds but have received no update, as I said in my previous comment, all other regions have their officail TaleWorlds servers up almost all the time (TDM, Siege, Duel), but the OC servers continue to either be ALL down or only having 1 up at a time, then when that server goes down, it does not come back.

And as Custom servers cant get Gold, all OC players just cant get gold, which was advertised as a feature of the MP section.

Its now more than 1 month since this was reported, and there is seemingly no change

Please understand this TaleWorlds.... The OCE community is significantly smaller than our EU/NA counter parts. When new players login and see no servers available for use, they logout of multiplayer and likely never come back. We need all the help we can to build our player base and you're making it incredibly difficult by persisting with this issue which is very easy to fix.

@uçanbiblo do you know if there is any update on this? I tagged @MArdA TaleWorlds but have received no update, as I said in my previous comment, all other regions have their officail TaleWorlds servers up almost all the time (TDM, Siege, Duel), but the OC servers continue to either be ALL down or only having 1 up at a time, then when that server goes down, it does not come back.

Its now more than 1 month since this was reported, and there is seemingly no change
The problem is actually bigger / worse than this, due to the way that official standalone servers operate for their gold / xp system, even if we had official standalone servers - we'd still have issues with gold.

Currently you get XP for time spent on an official standalone server (you don't make any additional xp for kills, score, etc.. in these).

From what I recall:
  • Gold is 10% of XP gained
  • XP is gained at roughly 7.33 per minute for simply being in an official server
  • For your standard official duel server duration, that is 33 gold per 45 minutes
  • For reference, the Vlandian sergeant for talbard, cape, crowned helmet is 4500 gold
  • Assuming you are in a OCE official server 1 hour per day (if you're even able to manage that due to servers never being available), that's 63 days to get the Vlandian customisation.
  • That's over 2 months for customisation for a single unit for a single faction.
Matchmaking isn't feasible for OCE as we have no servers for it, so that rules out any proper gold revenue streams.

As gold is a function of XP, which is gained from simply being on a server - there is no incentive to perform, or even play (beyond joining and idling) in official servers.

OCE players will ever be able to earn gold sufficient to make any in-game cosmetic purchases without either:
  1. Trying to play at unplayably high pings on other region's official servers
  2. Taking unrealistic amounts of time to only play on the OCE official server, which is barely up anyway
  3. Idling on high ping servers, to gain gold / XP passively.
To get any cosmetics, the only feasible way is for OCE players to idle, and all the incentives are for them to do so.

The sad thing is, TW has built it so this is the only way gold can be made for the entire region but I don't expect them to fix this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom