OC Battle - end game crash - increase wins

Users who are viewing this thread

Spottswoode

Veteran
OC Battle is great and much appreciated, but it crashes for all players at the end of each match (3 wins for one team)

Because it's likely going to take time to fix the crash issue, would it be far easier in the meanwhile to increase the number of wins per match so we don't have to keep rebooting a crashed game. It's extremely frustrating and now OC have the server [Jim's] are working hard bringing multiple clans together for matches .. But people won't last long in it's current state.

Increase to best of 10 at least until the fix comes, I'm no coder but I'm sure it's a relatively easy change on your end being seemingly easily built into other battle servers like BRE (as far as I know)

Thanks in advance

+ 1

We had 76 players on during the peak of our event, having these crashes slows momentum massively and players who crash often don’t return.

A best of 5 or 10 would be fantastic, we just want to be able to play for more than a few minutes without having to alt+f4 the game.

More f1 f3, less alt f4!

+ 1

We had 76 players on during the peak of our event, having these crashes slows momentum massively and players who crash often don’t return.

A best of 5 or 10 would be fantastic, we just want to be able to play for more than a few minutes without having to alt+f4 the game.

More f1 f3, less alt f4!
+1

It's currently best of 5 (first to 3 wins) but I'd even go up to like best of 21 (first to 11 wins) so games last around an hour and a half to two hours (unless it's a one sided stomp), with the current state, the longer the better.

Last edited:
@Dejan
Don't know if your the right person to @ but any chance of getting a dev to chime in on the possibility of the above change. We're pulling good numbers considering the server just opened, but it's hard to keep people around for very long due to every match crash frustration

What's even worse now is that it seems like Battle_OC is only up like 30-50% of the time and we're spending more time refreshing and waiting than actually playing the game.. Despite all the current issues, we just want to play the damn game consistently without the server being gone more often than not. Please send help!

For many of us, this is the first time that OCE has ever had any form of large clan play considering we never got matchmaking servers; this gamemode is what we've waited for and even though it's publicly hosted, isn't up consistently, the game itself still plagued with balance issues and combat issues we still sit there to wait and play. I don't know what setup you guys have behind the scenes for the gamemode rotation but I refuse to accept it's not possible to keep one server fixated on one gamemode. I noticed tonight with our public clan event that more servers came up as the servers got more populated, we don't need this. Just set it to a fixed amount and fixed gamemodes, the OCE community is not large enough right now to need scaling servers or rotating gamemodes. We're having a blast just please get some consistency with the servers, we're more than able to wait for custom servers to fix what we dislike about the game provided we can actually play the game, waiting for 20-30 minutes for Battle to return is terrible.

Better yet, you could allow the OCE community to partake in your testing for custom servers which would also allow us to actually host our events properly.
I agree with what was said above, but this would be amazing for our community who has been running events every weekend with 80+ players and potentially 100's more just waiting till things are actually consistently playable. If there's any chance of this, we'll help give those servers a good testing. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom