Obummer The Best President

Users who are viewing this thread

Rifleman said:
Honestly, my vote is probably going to go to Romney because I feel like he's the best poison the country can pick.

That's a pretty revealing word choice you've got there. :wink:

They're all scum.

Fact is, regardless of the environment, President Obama had his shot at a four-year moment of greatness, couldn't overcome the challenges, and showed that he and his administration lacked the critical competance to overcome.

You'll note that previous statement, although general, was devoid of partisan bias. Just truth. And no matter how much his apologists lay at the feet of former President Bush, Repugnicans, the great Right Wing Conspiracy, world economy, etc. a president of any corporation, or nation, either overcomes or succumbs to circumstances. Those who overcome are great leaders, no matter their political position. Those who succumb by lack of talent, skill, and/or ability go down in history as emarrassing failures.

So the general feeling in the United States, as I'm reading it, is that even if the other candidate is <insert accurate assessment or innacurate slur here>, BHO had his shot and missed it, not just once but repeatedly, and Anybody But Obama will be the next president.

And I'm to busy these days to haunt the forums like I use to. Oh, well. maw

maw said:
They're all scum.

Fact is, regardless of the environment, President Obama had his shot at a four-year moment of greatness, couldn't overcome the challenges, and showed that he and his administration lacked the critical competance to overcome.

You'll note that previous statement, although general, was devoid of partisan bias. Just truth. And no matter how much his apologists lay at the feet of former President Bush, Repugnicans, the great Right Wing Conspiracy, world economy, etc. a president of any corporation, or nation, either overcomes or succumbs to circumstances. Those who overcome are great leaders, no matter their political position. Those who succumb by lack of talent, skill, and/or ability go down in history as emarrassing failures.

So the general feeling in the United States, as I'm reading it, is that even if the other candidate is <insert accurate assessment or innacurate slur here>, BHO had his shot and missed it, not just once but repeatedly, and Anybody But Obama will be the next president.
Now if only we could get that Nobel Prize revoked using the same logic.

It's going to be a close election, no doubt. Unfortunately, FOX "News" and other conservative media sources do an excellent job at spreading their lies to the public. Fact is, Obama is our best choice right now.

The only reason it would be close would be because voters too sure of themselves wouldn't go out to vote.

Saboteur100 said:
It's going to be a close election, no doubt. Unfortunately, FOX "News" the media and other conservative media sources do an excellent job at spreading their lies to the public. Fact is, Obama is our best choice right now is the elimination of the two-party problem.
Fixed that for you.

MadocComadrin said:
Saboteur100 said:
It's going to be a close election, no doubt. Unfortunately, FOX "News" the media and other conservative media sources do an excellent job at spreading their lies to the public. Fact is, Obama is our best choice right now is the elimination of the two-party problem.
Fixed that for you.
Constitutional convention then?
Can't see it happening...not that it wouldn't be the best thing, but why would the Dems and Repubs voluntarily remake the system that keeps them in power?

MadocComadrin said:
We've either got to hit 'em in the purse or in the head.
If folks even succeeded at doing either, another party would fill the void and we'd have a different two-party system. The most consistent empirical pattern established in 100 years of political science is that a plurality electoral system will produce two catch all parties (Duverger's law).

Without changing the electoral system, we'll never not have a two party system...and changing the electoral system piecemeal, by state, would hardly work.

Eliminating a two party system is impossible, considering:

1. Liberal and conservative policies are all interrelated.

2. The party system has been around since the Constitution was written.

3. The government is controlled by a a two-party system.

Yeah. First we had the Federalists and the Democratic Republicans. Then we had the Jacksonian Democrats and the Whigs. Then we had Republicans and Democrats. Never been a third party that could survive long in our history, or be successful in politics.

A vote for Romney is a vote for as much as a ruthless businessman that pretty much only has his own intentions and ambitions in mind. I lived in MA when he was guvna' up there, lots of shady dodgy type things before that as well. It's gotten to the point where I have no desire to vote, simply because I can't put myself behind any of the candidates.

When did the President of the United States become such an undesirable position?  :sad:

Suspicious Pilgrim said:
Eliminating a two party system is impossible, considering:

1. Liberal and conservative policies are all interrelated.

2. The party system has been around since the Constitution was written.

3. The government is controlled by a a two-party system.
How does any of that make a restructuring impossible? :eek:

Back
Top Bottom