[OBSOLETE] Version 0.2 Ready. (Updated 16-Feb-09)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonehwolf

Sergeant
LATEST VERSION: V0.2 BETA

Download Beta v0.2

-Identifiers modified for my own ease of use.
-Troop Naming convention and basic upgrade setup.
-Village, Castle and Town names.  (I did get cheeky at some points :roll:)
-Faction Kings Completed.
-Faction Lords Completed.
-Troop Leveling Fixed.
-Horse's Health Nerfed.
-Major Factions Implemented.

Green items have been successfuly coded in.
Black items are under construction/planning stages.
Orange items have been coded in but commented out.  (Probably will appear in the next version).
Blue items indicate a code, that is fully behind-the-scenes.  This means the player won't notice it's functionality, even though it's working perfectly and actually *doing* something of use, whether it helps me, or the general flow of the gameplay, they'll be put under this key.
Red items have been coded in, found faulty, and commented out.  This is to point out I'm having trouble over something.  I believe it's important to inform the community where I'm getting stuck, so they know I ain't wanking instead of working ;o

-Game Blood Changed
-Troop Reinforcements built
-Building troop trees (0/13 completed - They're gonna redone once again.)
-Removing Native Factions, Troops, Coding and Reinforcements. (Swadian, Vaegir, Khergit got cleaned)

A couple of notes:  Lord Corentin, on 16-Feb-09 has submitted various new troop trees so current progress has now been reset on that aspect.  We'll be rebuilding them once again from scratch, so don't think I'm "undoing" work, just making sure it's good and worthwhile.

This indicates the current state of the code, explanations are as follow:
ERROR FREE: Means everything compiled, and can be ran and played without any CTDs/RLGs or major errors that render the game unplayable.
COMPILES: Indicates the actual code compiles, but running the game generates errors.
MINOR ERRORS: Code does not compile.  The errors are already figured out, but take some time to be fixed.
MAJOR ERRORS: Onoz, I'm screwed :sad:  Chances are I'll have to roll-back to one of my backups.

Bugs whose fix has been found but not yet implemented:
-People don't see to have noticed Bukakke Castle. 

Unconfirmed bugs (not sure whether it's a bug or not):
-NONE.

Wtf-Bugs (How the hell did that happen?!? >.<):
-NONE.

Download Link now added.

Note: Due to Pali Gap's retirement.  The Mongol Team are having to re construct the main foundations of the Mongol Mod.  It came to our attention that pali Gap used editing programs to do all of the old features, but because we have an official coder who uses the Module System, we'll have to re construct most of the files once again.  We'll appreciate any error/bug reports and suggestions for the future releases.  Please bare with us.

P.S - No models or features will be erased from the 'Rise of the Mongols' mod, we just have to port them into the module system.  Since all of the files were edited into the txt files directly, the module system will erase and delete the entire mod should we try and pick up from where we last started.  To fix this we have to add every feature that was in the mod into the new module system.  using the module system will allow us to add in lots of features for future releases, it'll just take a little time re-coding everything.

Thanks for your understanding.
Wei.Xiadi

Shagrath said:
Not really much to test in this version but I've played a bit and it looks good.
Are you awara of the Mounted Tatars not being mounted?

Don't bother yourself with equipment, they have been all copied over from rhodok tribesman.  V0.2 will have the actual factions integrated, the towns seperated, and different troop trees, some other tweaks listed inside the spoilers, and maybe I activate the ability code at that point.

I play only the mongol mod and I love it can I be involved? I was just thinking I wish I could mod but maybe I could give some ideas and stuff or even play test for you guys.
  Obviously the quests need to be fixed. The assasinate quests dont work and in the original mod the titles of quests are right buit the information of quests is all mixed up. New quests like stealing horses for the khans or whatever would be good I could come up with some new quests that would be cool new ones for village and castles.
Also I thought that whats his names special map textures from that other mod look really good but that mod is for caladria. Is there a way to get the map looking like that with those awesome mountains?
Please let me know guys if there is anythingI wanna see its the evolution of the mongol mod it really is a good one.

Ogadaii said:
I play only the mongol mod and I love it can I be involved? I was just thinking I wish I could mod but maybe I could give some ideas and stuff or even play test for you guys.
  Obviously the quests need to be fixed. The assasinate quests dont work and in the original mod the titles of quests are right buit the information of quests is all mixed up. New quests like stealing horses for the khans or whatever would be good I could come up with some new quests that would be cool new ones for village and castles.
Also I thought that whats his names special map textures from that other mod look really good but that mod is for caladria. Is there a way to get the map looking like that with those awesome mountains?
Please let me know guys if there is anythingI wanna see its the evolution of the mongol mod it really is a good one.

Add me on MSN.  [email protected]

I'll be able to put you into a convo with the rest and we can talk.  I'm the coder, and while I ain't being an uptight *******, I find it very hard working with other coders, we'd end up walking on each other's faces we're more than happy to have ideas and suggestions (while keeping the mod on topic).  But best of all it's testing for me

Regarding the following:
Quests:  These weren't tweaked at all.  Not sure if you're talking about the new beta release or the old delta.  There have been some problems with the previous coder that I've substituted, and that was all scrapped.  It was a total waste of time when you look at it from the coding aspect.  The dieas were there, the models and textures were present as well, in all their glory.  But coding sucked.  It was utter fail, and we had to restart it

Assasination:  Not present, bud.  Check the above point.

New quests:  Feel free to shoot them out, but I'll have to explain you how things are atm.  I use a fairly planned and organized way to progress through coding in a solid manner to not mess up code.  I don't let anybody interfere with that, and while trying to be as flexible as possible, I never stray from my focus.  Unluckily at times I end up lacking information in regards to lord names and such.  But unless you're a Mongolian freak like Steve, Cheng or Merthbey, then you'll be left out of that circle :razz:.  But quest suggestions, as long as they're kept on topic, will be heard and considered.

Note that quests involve some of the hardest coding, depending on the functionality one is trying to emulate.  Sometimes I'll just have to shake my head and say "not possible" or "will have to wait quite some time".  If you want to suggest various things aside from coding (e.g. some weapons, armor, textures, maps) go ahead.  You may want to start a new suggestion thread and let it float with all suggestions. :smile:

Cool im a mongol freak Im just going for a day trip drive with the wife here in New Zealand but will think about this more and let you know what my revelations are laters.
  I think this mod totally rocks would be nice to see it get better and better..

Next update will be released tomorrow!

Also, have a safe trip Og :smile: and we look forward to your suggestions.

Wei.Xiadi said:
Next update will be released tomorrow!

Also, have a safe trip Og :smile: and we look forward to your suggestions.

You just grabbed my balls and slammed them on the floor as though they were a basket ball.  I feel hurt ;o

What the hell's happened to Pali Gap? Permanently Banned? Wasn't he a pretty active member of your team?

Servitor

I will send you a PM now, Servitor. But Pali's not here, and he's never coming back.

EDIT: Done. :wink:

Read it, Thanks for the trouble! ;p

Anyway, What is there to test about this new Beta? There's awfully little balancing to be done. Though I did find something... Caravan guards are overpowered! My whole army of 40 "Tartar Heavy Axeman" got killed by 20 caravan guards .. .. ..

I will wait till version 0.2 before testing I think.  ; )

Servitor said:
Read it, Thanks for the trouble! ;p

Anyway, What is there to test about this new Beta? There's awfully little balancing to be done. Though I did find something... Caravan guards are overpowered! My whole army of 40 "Tartar Heavy Axeman" got killed by 20 caravan guards .. .. ..

I will wait till version 0.2 before testing I think.  ; )

haha yeah XD

Those are level 14, and final tier troops in v0.1 are level 7 :p  This was changed though, don't worry :razz:

Okay, the 0.2 Beta is now released.  Please inform us of any bugs or errors you encounter.

I'll also be thoroughly testing the mod. :smile:

Whatever did happen to Pali anyways? He was the one who replied to me about helping with the mod in the first place, so I'm rather curious as to his fate.

Lord Corentin said:
Whatever did happen to Pali anyways? He was the one who replied to me about helping with the mod in the first place, so I'm rather curious as to his fate.

Well.  "Banned" doesn't say much, true.  He asked for the ban himself in fact.  But I personally don't miss him seeing what he's done in 1 week.  And those other 3 apart from me that were mixed in his own doings don't miss him either.  If you want to help we're always happy to listen to your suggestions, make use of your ideas, and various other inputs you can provide us with.

All I'll say is Pali did a series of mistakes.  They're now over, he apologized for them in a thread (he did mess do another mistake after that apology) - but it's behind us.  This mod is developing now more than ever.  We'll soon hit and surpass the delta version.  In fact, talking about raw coding - it's already been left light years behind.

The solidity I've made use of during coding with the module system keeps every other feature we'll be adding to be more stable and sustaining to additional developments.

This took me 30 minutes before hitting enter, between wanking, coding, and ****.  Not sure it makes sense anymore ;o

Wei.Xiadi said:
Okay, the 0.2 Beta is now released.  Please inform us of any bugs or errors you encounter.

I'll also be thoroughly testing the mod. :smile:

that's fast, looks like the new Khan of the mongol series is rebuilding the horde fast,:razz:

Great work man

regards

Mertbey said:
that's fast, looks like the new Khan of the mongol series is rebuilding the horde fast,:razz:

Great work man

regards

We're trying our best, these betas for now are only my work, but soon the other masterpieces will start mixing together ^_^

So far, all 13 factions have been implemented.  Got a couple of issues with faction coloring.  The major faction's colors seem to be the same like some other ones.  I'll work something out in regards to that. 

The troop trees will be rebuilt from the ground up now, each faction will have a unique troop tree.

Those troop trees are going to take some real work though... Hard to distinguish between the units for so many similar tribes.

Lord Corentin said:
Those troop trees are going to take some real work though... Hard to distinguish between the units for so many similar tribes.

*sobs*  Thanks for reminding me, midget hamster *sobs*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom