Observation - Aserai and Khuzait rarely go to war

Users who are viewing this thread

After playing ~800 hours, I have only seen Aserai and Khuzait go to war a handful of times and only when one of the factions has taken Danustica. My understanding from reading developer responses is that factions generally only go to war with neighboring factions. However, looking at the map, Aserai and Khuzait starting positions do neighbor one another in the SW. On the opposite end of the map, the Sturgians and Vlandians have a much smaller border but go to war much more frequently.

I think I may be in the minority on this, but I don't think Khuzait units need to be nerfed any more to prevent steamrolling. The horse-centric cultures they're based on were generally prevented from expanding by their own internal politics or having too many conflicts at one time. However, I think poor Sturgia would do a little better if the Khuzaits were sometimes at war with an additional culture.

Finally and as an aside, I hate to use the "historically accurate" argument here. This game is really more of a historic-fantasy game and I think works better that way. Buuuut I would point out that one of the most famous Mongolian defeats came at the hands of Mamluks.

Yep this was one of my major points from mexxicos testing data back in 1.5.1 from his diplomacy updates. We will see if his new diplomacy updates in 1.5.6 resolve this.
Sorry been a bit busy. Here is a table that compares the 3 patches worth of data mexxico provided.

Some quick take aways from the upcoming hotfix:
  • Khuzait still a heavy aggressor declaring war 16-4, Aserai still didn't declare war on Khuzait. That might be something to look at why they wont fight, essentially having an alliance.

My theory is that it has to do with the settlement locations. They seem to aggro due to enemy settlements close to their own. Khuzait and Aserai actually have no settlements close together, only villages that are very close. Therefore I wouldn't consider Khuzait and Aserai to be neighboring each other until, indeed, one of them takes over Danustica.

This theory is however challenged by my dear Sturgians systematically going after Llanoc Hen castle every time they re-capture Nevyansk castle from the Vlandians or the Battanians... But we all know they're a bit special...

After playing ~800 hours, I have only seen Aserai and Khuzait go to war a handful of times and only when one of the factions has taken Danustica. My understanding from reading developer responses is that factions generally only go to war with neighboring factions. However, looking at the map, Aserai and Khuzait starting positions do neighbor one another in the SW. On the opposite end of the map, the Sturgians and Vlandians have a much smaller border but go to war much more frequently.

Odokh isn't considered to border Husn Fulq. It borders Danustica and Akkalat.

(Razih isn't either, for some reason. I just had a SE clan flip to my faction quite easily, presumably because they held Razih, with Danustica being Khuzait, even though Husn Fulq was SE-owned. Apparently when 'surrounded' clans flip easier.)

In comparison, Vlandia is pressed right up against Neyvansk Castle.

Yep this was one of my major points from mexxicos testing data back in 1.5.1 from his diplomacy updates. We will see if his new diplomacy updates in 1.5.6 resolve this.

Thanks for pointing me to this, I had skimmed that and didn't notice the bit about Aserai.

My theory is that it has to do with the settlement locations. They seem to aggro due to enemy settlements close to their own. Khuzait and Aserai actually have no settlements close together, only villages that are very close. Therefore I wouldn't consider Khuzait and Aserai to be neighboring each other until, indeed, one of them takes over Danustica.

Funnily enough, I rarely see Danustica flip without my clan's intervention. In my new 1.5.5 game, Khuzait grabbed it fairly early on though. I have to say - mercing for the Aserai against the Khuzait has lead to some of the best battles and campaigns I've had so far. Neither faction has any particular advantage over the other, in so far as no single unit stands out as the difference maker.

(Razih isn't either, for some reason. I just had a SE clan flip to my faction quite easily, presumably because they held Razih, with Danustica being Khuzait, even though Husn Fulq was SE-owned. Apparently when 'surrounded' clans flip easier.)

Huh, I'll have to experiment with that. I've generally held off on kingdom mechanics as I've waited for more clan/kingdom mechanics to be released.

Back
Top Bottom