Object/Flora limit

Users who are viewing this thread

rainy-rays

Recruit
Hello. I want to ask if there is some object or flora number limit. I started getting crashes when save after adding more objects and I do not know where is problem.

Hello. I want to ask if there is some object or flora number limit. I started getting crashes when save after adding more objects and I do not know where is problem.
I don't know about limits, but adding flora meshes as individual entities is very poor for performance. Most flora should be added to a scene inside a paint layer. I suggest you look at @Macbeth of Gondor 's second tutorial video https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/macbeths-scene-editor-video-tutorials.432697/

Upvote 0
I’ve also found some models don’t work at all on the main map for example and vice versa so it was trial and error to see what would would in scenes and what wouldn’t and I also found flora extremely buggy.

Upvote 0
I’ve also found some models don’t work at all on the main map for example and vice versa so it was trial and error to see what would would in scenes and what wouldn’t and I also found flora extremely buggy.
IIRC Taleworlds only use worldmap_tree_... and map_pine_... trees as flora on Calradia's Main_map. They are much lower resolution than the trees used in normal mission scenes, but still need to be rescaled to 33%. Practically all of the other flora wasn't intended for use on a campaign map even though a few low-poly ones can be repurposed.

Upvote 0
IIRC Taleworlds only use worldmap_tree_... and map_pine_... trees as flora on Calradia's Main_map. They are much lower resolution than the trees used in normal mission scenes, but still need to be rescaled to 33%. Practically all of the other flora wasn't intended for use on a campaign map even though a few low-poly ones can be repurposed.
Why is that?? couldn't they have some more diversity, at least a couple for each faction and some half a dozen more general flora. Not just in the campaign but also in scenes there is no assets diversity, not even some bigger and smaller ones to circle the problem, the color pattern is all the same,... this is a major flaw for a game in 2021 and following years. This game could use some megascans, but because the game is in development for so long, the engine might be the limiting factor here.
Also, why the render distance is so damn low, you literally have montains that are made with so few triangles you can count them by hand, they just put some fog filter so you can't see. Trees and all assets become low quality too SOON. The thing is I have seen modded scenes that look much better than what the native game has, this should not be the case!

Upvote 0
Why is that??
My comments related to world or campaign maps as opposed to normal mission scenes. Bannerlord must process the activities of hundreds/thousands of independent ai parties. Accordingly, I suspect that restricted the investment in the sort of graphics you clearly expect.

couldn't they have some more diversity, at least a couple for each faction and some half a dozen more general flora. Not just in the campaign but also in scenes there is no assets diversity, not even some bigger and smaller ones to circle the problem, the color pattern is all the same,... this is a major flaw for a game in 2021 and following years. This game could use some megascans, but because the game is in development for so long, the engine might be the limiting factor here.
Also, why the render distance is so damn low, you literally have montains that are made with so few triangles you can count them by hand, they just put some fog filter so you can't see. Trees and all assets become low quality too SOON. The thing is I have seen modded scenes that look much better than what the native game has, this should not be the case!

Seeing modded scenes and modding scenes are two different things. This section of the forums is to help modders where possible, not for general gameplay discussions.

Upvote 0
My comments related to world or campaign maps as opposed to normal mission scenes. Bannerlord must process the activities of hundreds/thousands of independent ai parties. Accordingly, I suspect that restricted the investment in the sort of graphics you clearly expect.
I don't think having different assets on screen rather that repeating ones have an effect on performance.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom