[Outdated] Obj file to strategic map converter

Users who are viewing this thread

So, in the hope someone can help im gonna necro this thread :smile:

Im trying to use the obj. Map.txt converter but it keeps crashing when i try to use it. Straight away shows program not responding.

It works for the obj. File already in the folder (that ships with the converter) but not for my own so i can only assume somethings wrong with my export. Though if i use the map.txt to obj. Converter and try using this to convert it straight back it still crashes.

Anyway, i have followed the steps correctly other than the hole material, something which has changed in wings since this guide so i have no idea how to now replicate this. Im not too familiar with 3d modelling software so hopefully someone else a bit more knowledgeable can help.

Thanks.

produno said:
So, in the hope someone can help im gonna necro this thread :smile:

Im trying to use the obj. Map.txt converter but it keeps crashing when i try to use it. Straight away shows program not responding.

It works for the obj. File already in the folder (that ships with the converter) but not for my own so i can only assume somethings wrong with my export. Though if i use the map.txt to obj. Converter and try using this to convert it straight back it still crashes.

Anyway, i have followed the steps correctly other than the hole material, something which has changed in wings since this guide so i have no idea how to now replicate this. Im not too familiar with 3d modelling software so hopefully someone else a bit more knowledgeable can help.

Thanks.

Try with cartographer, my "no frills" alternative to Thorgrim's. It exports to/ imports from Wavefront OBJ + MTL/
Code:
map.txt
and helps you to place your parties and their rotation by directly reading from/ writing into the
Code:
module_parties.py
. It's compatible with every M&B game to date.

Link in my description, its thread has loads of information and useful tips. I made it to work primarily with Blender, but you can use other 3D editors to sculpt, model and apply materials.

It's also entirely written in Lua, and extremely "hackable", you can extend it in a moment, as it's composed of a bunch of scripts executed by LuaJIT with bindings to OpenGL and GLFW.

Back
Top Bottom