Oathsworn vs Wildling?

Users who are viewing this thread

I haven't had a chance to play 1.7 yet, and I'm curious about the changes to these two troops. Wildlings have an axe, shield and two sets of javelins, while Oathsworns have an axe (I think?), a shield and a bracing spear (it can brace right?).

So these guys are very similar but Wildlings seem to be flat out better, bracing is nice but imo too situational compared to javelins. Am I missing something? What's the difference between these guys?

Oathsworn spear braces, yep.

It's a shame that Battania has two types of shield infantry, makes them too similar to Sturgia. And though 1.7 succeeded in differentiating the Wildling and Oathsworn from each other a bit, they are still very similar in function. I'd like to see either Wildling or Oathsworn become a dedicated pikeman.

Oathsworn spear braces, yep.

It's a shame that Battania has two types of shield infantry, makes them too similar to Sturgia. And though 1.7 succeeded in differentiating the Wildling and Oathsworn from each other a bit, they are still very similar in function. I'd like to see either Wildling or Oathsworn become a dedicated pikeman.
Before 1.7 I had a hard time telling much of a difference. I assume the main difference was where their skills lied. Osthsworn was more melee while wildling was more skirmish. Their loadouts were almost identical. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Before 1.7 I had a hard time telling much of a difference. I assume the main difference was where their skills lied. Osthsworn was more melee while wildling was more skirmish. Their loadouts were almost identical. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Oh so this is part of their difference? Can you see their skills in game? I hadn't thought about this at all and I had no idea it was a thing. So like, just to say something, Oathswords have higher one handed skills while Wildlings would have higher throwing?

That's very interesting! But I still feel that, javelins aside, since Wildlings throw one or two tops as they charge in, they are basically the same infantry unit.

Also maybe a bit unrelated, but does anyone know if troops have any perks from the skills at all? Or they only have skill levels with no perks?

Yes. Oathsworns have a higher melee skill while wildlings have a higher throwing skill. Before 1.7 their equipment was almost identical. I think they removed the throwing weapons from oathsworns after the latest patch. Maybe to differentiate them a bit more.
You can see all of the troops' skills under the encyclopedia. I don't know your answer regarding perks. I assume perks are only for the player and heroes.

Back
Top Bottom