SP Native Fantasy Nysne - Metamorphosis (Version 1.2 - check p.5)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hm, the combat animations are kinda buggy. Are they supposed to be like that or is it just me? Sometimes I get the default animations, sometimes I get the modified animations and sometimes I get some buggy ones.

arrahik said:
Hm, the combat animations are kinda buggy. Are they supposed to be like that or is it just me? Sometimes I get the default animations, sometimes I get the modified animations and sometimes I get some buggy ones.
Can you elaborate on what you mean by "buggy"? There are 2 or 3 different possibilities for each attack animation and unfortunately they're chosen randomly - ideally I could tie it to movement but at the moment I'm not sure how possible that is. The real trouble is that because the animations are broken up into different swing states (readying vs swinging for example) you will sometimes see the ready pose for say, a low stab, but when you release it plays the animation of a normal stab. Is that what you mean?

HUtH said:
Started campaign in this mod, I'd say it has a quite original visual design, it's not only about environment, aura, but units are better suited for climates they're based on, all of that gives nice feeling to gameplay.
Thanks! :smile: I'm glad you appreciate it!

Looks like there will be another update coming some time hopefully before Christmas. I know I was looking for a small update a couple weeks ago but at this point I want to add some more substantial features before releasing anything. Lots of small fixes but also some cool features on the way  :cool: more details to come.

Ruthven said:
arrahik said:
Can you elaborate on what you mean by "buggy"? There are 2 or 3 different possibilities for each attack animation and unfortunately they're chosen randomly - ideally I could tie it to movement but at the moment I'm not sure how possible that is. The real trouble is that because the animations are broken up into different swing states (readying vs swinging for example) you will sometimes see the ready pose for say, a low stab, but when you release it plays the animation of a normal stab. Is that what you mean?

HUtH said:
Started campaign in this mod, I'd say it has a quite original visual design, it's not only about environment, aura, but units are better suited for climates they're based on, all of that gives nice feeling to gameplay.

Looks like there will be another update coming some time hopefully before Christmas. I know I was looking for a small update a couple weeks ago but at this point I want to add some more substantial features before releasing anything. Lots of small fixes but also some cool features on the way  :cool: more details to come.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. Is it possible to somehow fix that? Also, I've noticed that every single armorer in calradia sells sarranid/khergit armor. I was searching for plate armor in Swadia, but all I could find was sarranid and khergit armor. Oh and are there any rhodok troops at all or are they all changed to sarranid troops?

Got error messages on market part of menu in some towns, here goes screens. Towns with this error seems to have very limited money, compared to normal ones. Didn't noticed any real problems with them, though.
Dhirim

Curaw

Sargoth

Khudan

Ahmerrad

Ichamur

Kulverstukass said:
Got error messages on market part of menu in some towns, here goes screens. Towns with this error seems to have very limited money, compared to normal ones. Didn't noticed any real problems with them, though.
Dhirim

Curaw

Sargoth

Khudan

Ahmerrad

Ichamur
Install the version 1.1 patch to fix this.

arrahik said:
Ruthven said:
arrahik said:

HUtH said:

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. Is it possible to somehow fix that? Also, I've noticed that every single armorer in calradia sells sarranid/khergit armor. I was searching for plate armor in Swadia, but all I could find was sarranid and khergit armor. Oh and are there any rhodok troops at all or are they all changed to sarranid troops?
I'll include a file with the regular animations next release. But if you play with the new anims a bit its fairly easy to get used to them, and they are there to give AI an extra advantage. About items in shops, armorers make no distinction since what they sell is generally items looted or traded from all over Calradia. I think it might be a good idea to make all items faction specific but then I have to go through every single item and add a faction manually. It's easy but very time consuming and a little boring :razz: but I might need to rebalance some items so perhaps one day I will do that.

Rhodok troop tree is a combination of Rhodok/Sarranid style, but all the local troops are much closer to their roots, like Velucan spearmen or Etrosq sergeants.

Kulverstukass said:
Ruthven said:
Screens was made with 1.1 installed.
Uh oh... Can't believe nobody brought this up before.  :facepalm: I released the patch and caught this right after, I thought I had updated it in time but I must not have/uploaded the wrong file or something. I'll update the patch soon. If you (or anyone) wants to fix it yourself, just go into the Nysne folder and open "meshes.txt". Change the 624 at the very top to 630, and then at the very bottom of the file paste these:
Code:
mesh_pic_arms_12 0 pic_arms_sw 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 1.000000 1.000000 1.000000
mesh_pic_arms_22 0 pic_arms_vg 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 1.000000 1.000000 1.000000
mesh_pic_arms_32 0 pic_arms_kh 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 1.000000 1.000000 1.000000
mesh_pic_arms_42 0 pic_arms_nd 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 1.000000 1.000000 1.000000
mesh_pic_arms_52 0 pic_arms_rh 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 1.000000 1.000000 1.000000
mesh_pic_arms_62 0 pic_arms_sr 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 1.000000 1.000000 1.000000

Ruthven said:
Kulverstukass said:
Dhirim

Curaw

Sargoth

Khudan

Ahmerrad

Ichamur

arrahik said:
Ruthven said:
arrahik said:

HUtH said:

I'll include a file with the regular animations next release. But if you play with the new anims a bit its fairly easy to get used to them, and they are there to give AI an extra advantage. About items in shops, armorers make no distinction since what they sell is generally items looted or traded from all over Calradia. I think it might be a good idea to make all items faction specific but then I have to go through every single item and add a faction manually. It's easy but very time consuming and a little boring :razz: but I might need to rebalance some items so perhaps one day I will do that.

Rhodok troop tree is a combination of Rhodok/Sarranid style, but all the local troops are much closer to their roots, like Velucan spearmen or Etrosq sergeants.

Wait, castles/cities have different troops? ****, I only recruited peasants haha!

Corbul said:
don't want to necro a thread (again) but what exactly is it that's so lo-fantasy about this mod?

I haven't found anything fantasy-related about the mod, yet it is a great mod. Too bad the author stopped working on it.

Afyrius said:
Corbul said:
don't want to necro a thread (again) but what exactly is it that's so lo-fantasy about this mod?

I haven't found anything fantasy-related about the mod, yet it is a great mod. Too bad the author stopped working on it.

I just came here wondering the same thing as well.  I think I'm going to be playing this one for a while, regardless of lack of fantasy.  It seems fantastic, without the fantasy!  :grin:

Woah, hello eveyone.  :eek:

"Low fantasy" was maybe a term used a little loosely for the first version, as many of the ideas I had from the "fantasy" side got pushed back for more features of the "low" side :razz:. It also covers all the historical impossibilities running through the mod, and some incredibly nit-picky stuff like the size of the horses and a bunch of anachronistic/fantasy items.

I do apologize for abandoning the thread. I kept wanting to redo the OP before bumping it, and every time I tried to redo the OP I figured it would be easier to do it alongside a new version of the mod. Much of what I really want to accomplish with this mod still hasn't been fully realized. That's why I have such a hard time describing exactly what it is. So, since the last update a few things have happened.

Nysne itself is no longer being developed. I am currently uploading a "funeral" build that stops almost exactly where I left off, which means there are some half implemented features, some test features,  a handful of new bugs, but also some more stuff that should make the whole thing worthwhile. But before I go into that, I want to say that I have not given up on the mod completely. Rather, it is going to take a very new shape, as I've started to rebuild it from the ground up, starting with a totally blank module, removing all Native features that aren't hardcoded. The structure of the entire game will be much different, starting with the lack of an overland map.  :wink: I was working towards a demo of this new version in maybe 3 weeks from now, so maybe I'll post more information on it here soon.

aaand the build is done uploading. You can get it here:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/nysne/downloads/nysne-12-funeral-vesion#downloadsform

What it changes:
Lots of small fixes to item/troop balance and fixes for armors and LODs. But nobody really cares about that.

Hunting! By going into the camp menu and selecting Walk Around, you can look for various animals to hunt. The animals you find are based on your location on the map, for example you find different animals in the desert than in the snow, or in the mountains vs the forest or the plains. I can't remember how many different animal types there are, but among them you can find deer, wolves, pheasants, bears, wild donkeys, goats, and more. The hunting is quite bug-free, however some features I wanted didn't make it in, such as animals attacking you, or fluctuating numbers based on season etc. Look to the next mod for all that kind of thing. :smile:

Shariz and Durquba both have new town scenes, beautiful work by the Bowman with some edits to the siege scenes by myself.

You can start fights inside towns. If you kill a townsperson, the guards will attack you. If you kill the guards, they get removed from the garrison, so it is possible to sneak into an enemy town with your companions and do some damage before making your escape. These features are where all the bugs come from. Town menus have weird text usually, prison break quest in towns might be broken, killing the tavern drunk might make the town guards show up and attack you. :razz: A lot of work was still needed here but the basics are well implemented, if you are a skilled fighter it can be very fun fighting an ever increasing number of guards throughout a full size town. Although the townsfolk probably won't like you too much...

More mercenaries have been added, mainly the multiplayer bot troops.

More troops for bandit parties such as leaders for Forest Bandits and enslaved Giants for Taiga bandits. Forest Bandits have a new troop tree, and sea raiders can now upgrade to sea raider captains.

Bridge battles have been added for the Swadian and Nord bridges. The WIP rhodok bridge is accessible through the camp menu so you can check out the waterfall.  :cool:

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Leonion

Tama

Highlander

Floris mod team

ha3481

Marvelous! Although a shame its the 'funeral' version. Either way, this is and its gonna be one of my favourite mods. And anxiously waiting for the new work mate!

Oh man I love your mod, too sad you are stoping development. Can you please share your module system files in order to allow me keep updating it or at least allow me to make some personal modifications? Pleeeease  :grin:

The modsys is an absolute disgusting mess but since the last build is so broken I guess I might as well release it. I'll do that tonight when I'm at home, or maybe on the weekend.
edit: http://www.moddb.com/mods/nysne/downloads/nysne-module-system

In other news, I have the basic travel system down for the new mod. It still needs a bit of work, but it already feels quite natural. The way it works is that the player never sees the overland map, all travelling is done in scenes by moving towards the edge of a scene which starts a countdown before they are teleported to the next area. This will move the player party (on the unseen map) as well as advancing the time by 1 hour. The player can travel in 8 directions and will spawn in the correct place in the next scene - eg if you travel west you start at the east side of the next scene, travelling northwest starts you at the southeast corner, etc. As well, the position along the axis is saved, so for example if you travel east but are closer to the north border than the south, you will be the same distance from the northern border in the next scene. You can think of it like a grid overlayed on the world map, with each square its own scene that you can leave or enter from any direction. This system also makes it impossible to travel faster by travelling sideways or diagonally or some other gimmick.

Of course orientating now plays an important part in travel. To help with this, the overland map can now be seen as terrain borders on the scenes. The map places itself correctly depending on where the player is, so as you travel you can watch distant mountains growing nearer, or from atop a plateau look out over the lowlands, or watch the sea fade out into the horizon. You are also no longer restricted from passing over mountains or oceans, instead the only obstacle is the actual difficulty of the terrain. :wink: For oceans and rivers I hope to make some sort of boating/drowning system, so that the player is free to move about as they please, so long as nature doesn't kill them. :razz:

I still have to determine a good system for finding towns/villages, as it is easy for the player to get lost in the wilderness. At the same time, I don't want to make it so obvious as to remove the magic of cresting a hill to discover a sleepy village tucked away, or a castle suddenly crowning the next hilltop. Talking to NPCs can help cover this, but there will need to be other methods the player can employ as well. Probably I will try to make roads between nearby settlements, but I don't want the whole map to be nothing but mindless path-following either. I'd love to hear some suggestions on this. :smile:

I'll add some screenshots and more info about future plans soon enough. Currently I am still using regular Native module system but soon I will start trying to port/code in Lua with AgentSmith's Lua WSE. Should give me much more freedom and improve performance even with much more complex calculations.

Ruthven said:
The modsys is an absolute disgusting mess but since the last build is so broken I guess I might as well release it. I'll do that tonight when I'm at home, or maybe on the weekend.

Thank you very much, I'll try to do my best :smile:

Ruthven said:
In other news, I have the basic travel system down for the new mod. It still needs a bit of work, but it already feels quite natural. The way it works is that the player never sees the overland map, all travelling is done in scenes by moving towards the edge of a scene which starts a countdown before they are teleported to the next area. This will move the player party (on the unseen map) as well as advancing the time by 1 hour. The player can travel in 8 directions and will spawn in the correct place in the next scene - eg if you travel west you start at the east side of the next scene, travelling northwest starts you at the southeast corner, etc. As well, the position along the axis is saved, so for example if you travel east but are closer to the north border than the south, you will be the same distance from the northern border in the next scene. You can think of it like a grid overlayed on the world map, with each square its own scene that you can leave or enter from any direction. This system also makes it impossible to travel faster by travelling sideways or diagonally or some other gimmick.

Of course orientating now plays an important part in travel. To help with this, the overland map can now be seen as terrain borders on the scenes. The map places itself correctly depending on where the player is, so as you travel you can watch distant mountains growing nearer, or from atop a plateau look out over the lowlands, or watch the sea fade out into the horizon. You are also no longer restricted from passing over mountains or oceans, instead the only obstacle is the actual difficulty of the terrain. :wink: For oceans and rivers I hope to make some sort of boating/drowning system, so that the player is free to move about as they please, so long as nature doesn't kill them. :razz:

I still have to determine a good system for finding towns/villages, as it is easy for the player to get lost in the wilderness. At the same time, I don't want to make it so obvious as to remove the magic of cresting a hill to discover a sleepy village tucked away, or a castle suddenly crowning the next hilltop. Talking to NPCs can help cover this, but there will need to be other methods the player can employ as well. Probably I will try to make roads between nearby settlements, but I don't want the whole map to be nothing but mindless path-following either. I'd love to hear some suggestions on this. :smile:

I'll add some screenshots and more info about future plans soon enough. Currently I am still using regular Native module system but soon I will start trying to port/code in Lua with AgentSmith's Lua WSE. Should give me much more freedom and improve performance even with much more complex calculations.

Man, that sounds amazing  :shock: I just see a pair of problems. All this system would certainly imply a huge ammount of scene making, which could be a heavy task. And I think you have not talked about bandits or lords parties. How would they work, and how would the battles be?

Cheers!

Ruthven said:

Sounds great!!! :grin:

Back
Top Bottom