SP Native Fantasy Nysne - Metamorphosis (Version 1.2 - check p.5)

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks nonam3, glad you like my settings. Have you tried to fight a Lord yet?

not yet i am around the nord territory fighting sea raiders for renown then going to put a claiment on the throne. im doing a full claimant playthrough where i help to put every claimant on the throne. after that i wipe them all out. i also really like the music really immersive. i dont know if this is a bug with the new faces but certain females have no hair with a line running down the middle of their head. for example the sultanna. i also love how new factions can form ingame makes the world much less static.

also once your horse dies its dead, nice touch, i will be much more careful about my horse

nonam3 said:
Thanks nonam3, glad you like my settings. Have you tried to fight a Lord yet?

not yet i am around the nord territory fighting sea raiders for renown then going to put a claiment on the throne. im doing a full claimant playthrough where i help to put every claimant on the throne. after that i wipe them all out. i also really like the music really immersive. i dont know if this is a bug with the new faces but certain females have no hair with a line running down the middle of their head. for example the sultanna. i also love how new factions can form ingame makes the world much less static.

also once your horse dies its dead, nice touch, i will be much more careful about my horse
Actually the dying horses are a feature from Native. If you have a horse with a positive modifier (champion, heavy, spirited) then dying once or twice will make the horse a normal horse. Dying again makes it a lame horse, and dying once more will kill it. There might be some randomness involved, I am not sure.

Bald females is mostly on purpose. Some random females will be bald, but all the kingdom ladies should have hair except Sultana Calurra, who is bald by design. The line on the heads is some sort of UVmapping problem, I think it has to do with the way faces in M&B are mirrored. It was a bug with the improved faces mod, I haven't tried fixing it yet as it's not game-breaking. Pretend it's ceremonial head paint or something.  :lol:

You might want to move quickly with the claimants, they don't simply wait around anymore.  :wink:

Ruthven said:
Daafiejj said:
Downloading the mod as I type, I'll get back to you with whatever I may experience. One thing I could suggest even without having been in game is perhaps adding some more factions? From my experience with playing M&B Warband I would dare say the more factions the merrier. And seeing as this is set in the future of Calradia, who knows what new factions will have emerged? Perhaps a faction to represent a player made kingdom in the native game?

As for companion background, I may be able to help with that. I have experience with Dungeons and Dragons, a host of rpg's and numerous books. So I'd wager I'll be able to come up with some interesting characters.

With kind regards,

Daafiejj
Hey Daafiejj. I'd love to hear some character stories from you! I just started playing DnD recently and it's a blast.

I wouldn't worry too much about the number of factions. Like I said, times are changing... Though there are no "new" factions, each existing faction has a claimant with strong ties to a region within a faction, and lords can now rebel against kings as well. 6 factions can quickly become 18 if conditions are right.

Started playing the mod, and I have to say it is stunning! Textures are on point, the ambiance is amazing and the added troops, armors and weapons are simply amazing! I have never seen Calradia this beautiful before.

I ran into a bug however, during my playthrough I entered a Vaegir town(I believe it was Richaveg) and when I entered the marketplace the game gave the following error code:
Code:
Couldn't load "Textures/lamellar_armor_b_r.dds"
The odd thing was though, that it did not crash the game. Heck I couldn't even find what was the cause of this error in game, everything seemed normal. So maybe it is just a thing on my end, maybe not. Thought I should let you know.

A small suggestion would perhaps be to make the market item pool in the towns a bit more faction specific? Now all the goodies are just all over the place.

And as for the companion backstories, just give me some suggestions about how many you'd want, where from, and how far I may go with my imagination on this.

I'll continue my adventure in this new Calradia, and I hope to see some of that sweet mayhem and civil war you mentioned. :twisted:

EDIT:

Welp, there went the game. Seems like the "Thick Lamellar Armor" is causing this problem. The texture seems to be missing and instead it is just solid black. I encountered the armor a second time, got the error again and this time I noticed the missing texture. When I dragged the armor across the screen the mod crashed. It is unfortunate but the positive side is it seems like an easy fix.

I'm sorry!!! I removed that armor when trying to clean up the Textures file but forgot to take it out of the item pool. As long as you don't touch it it shouldn't crash the game. I'll patch it soon with some other quick fixes.

For now you can avoid the issue by going into the Nysne folder, opening up item_kinds1.txt and changing this:
itm_lamellar_armor_b_r Lamellar_Armor Lamellar_Armor 1  lamellar_armor_b_r 0  16842765 0 2100 704643236 23.000000 70 0 28 20 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

To this:
itm_lamellar_armor_b_r Lamellar_Armor Lamellar_Armor 1  lamellar_armor_b_ll 0  16842765 0 2100 704643236 23.000000 70 0 28 20 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

About companions:
Anyone that wants to help make companions would be very helpful. You can just tell me what sort of stats/equipment they should have, their initial hiring price (which should be near to or greater than the total cost of their equipment so players don't simply rob them) and if you want to customize the face yourself you can send me a face code. (Enable edit mode in Configure and press Ctrl+E in the face editing screen)

The big issue with companions is the amount of writing involved and the tedious little snippets like companions hating each other and other small things. But just design characters however you like and I'll worry about coding in their personalities.

I know this is broken up in kind of an annoying way, but if you're in for writing backstories, here's the template that Borcha uses. I'm not saying the story must conform exactly to this, but if it does it will save me time converting things. Anything marked with _response is said by the player.
meeting in tavern said:
("npc1_intro", "Ho there, traveller. You wouldn't by chance be in the market for a tracker, would you?"),

("npc1_intro_response_1", "Perhaps. What's the urgency?"),
("npc1_intro_response_2", "Step back, sir, and keep your hand away from my purse."),

("npc1_backstory_a", "Well, {sir/madame}, it's a long story..."),
("npc1_backstory_b", "I had a bit of a misunderstanding {s19}in {s20} about a horse that I found tied up outside the inn. It was the spitting image of a beast that threw me a few days back and ran off. Naturally I untied it for a closer look. As it turns out, the horse belonged to a merchant, a pinch-faced old goat who wouldn't accept that it all was a simple misunderstanding, and went off to get the guard."),
("npc1_backstory_c", "But if I was with a larger group who could vouch for me, they might let it pass. I'd be very grateful to you."),

### use these if there is a short period of time between the last meeting
  ("npc1_backstory_later", "I've been here and about, you know, doing my best to keep out of trouble. I'm desperately in need of work, however."),

("npc1_backstory_response_1", "Perhaps. But how do I know that there won't be a 'misunderstanding' about one of my horses?"),
  ("npc1_backstory_response_2", "I'll do no such thing. I have better things to do then to help thieves avoid justice."),

("npc1_signup", "{Sir/Madame} -- I'm offended that you would even think such a thing. I'd be most indebted to you, and you'll see that I show my gratitude."),
  ("npc1_signup_2", "I've ridden over a fair amount of rough country in my time, more often than not in a hurry. I'm a good tracker and I've got a good eye for terrain. So what do you say?"),

("npc1_signup_response_1", "Good. You can be useful to us."),
  ("npc1_signup_response_2", "I'd prefer not to take the risk. Good day, sir."),

("npc1_payment", "I will be very useful to you, {sir/madame}, you can bet on that. Just one more thing before we leave, would you mind lending me {reg3} denars? I am ashamed to say it, but I have made myself a bit of debt here, staying in this tavern over the last few weeks and the tavern owners no longer believe that I am loaded with gold as I used to tell them. You know, things could get ugly here if they see me leaving with you before paying them."),

("npc1_payment_response", "Very well, here's {reg3} denars. Now, fall in with the rest."),

That's just the beginning though. You'll notice some modder gibberish in {these neato brackets} but mostly you won't have to worry about this. {sir/madame} is based on player gender of course. {reg3} is the amount of money the companion asks for, and {s20} is the name of the town they're staying in. But don't worry at all about this, just write in English and I will make it all work.

More companion stuff:

problems with other companions (Optional) said:
  ("npc1_morality_speech", "Oy -- boss. Please don't take this the wrong way, but it's a hard life and it's a bit much that we {s21}. Take a little more care in the future, captain, if you don't mind my saying."),
  ("npc1_2ary_morality_speech", "Boss -- just so you know, I've got no problem if we {s21}. Living to fight another day makes good sense to me."),

("npc1_personalityclash_speech", "Captain -- no offense, but I'm a bit tired of {s11}, who puts on airs like she's something better than your humble servant Borcha."),
  ("npc1_personalityclash_speech_b", "She's a common bandit, just like myself, and she has no right to tell me to keep my distance from her, as she did just now."),

### set off by behavior after victorious battle
  ("npc1_personalityclash2_speech", "Oy -- boss, I don't fancy myself a sensitive soul, but I don't particularly like how {s11} went about cutting the throats of the enemy wounded, back there."),
  ("npc1_personalityclash2_speech_b", "The way she whistles cheerfully as she does it -- it puts a chill down my spine, it does."),#borcha - klethi

("npc1_personalitymatch_speech", "Boss. {s11} back there didn't do badly in that last fight at all. He's a good egg, too."),
  ("npc1_personalitymatch_speech_b", "Without good honest souls like him to bring silver into Calradia, scoundrels like me would have a hard time in life, I'll warrant. I'm glad to have him with us."),
{s11} is another companion. {s21} is one of the standard dislikes such as not paying troops, running out of food, retreating from battle, killing innocents, etc.

local history said:
  ("npc1_retirement_speech", "I'm a bit tired of marching up and down the land, shedding my blood for someone else's cause. The loot is good, but I think I've got enough of that, now. I'm going to head back to my village, take a wife, settle down, maybe raise horses if I can afford it."),
  ("npc1_rehire_speech", "Boss -- it's good to see you again. I know we had our differences in the past, but to tell you the truth, those were some of the best days I've known. And, to tell you the truth, I've had a bit of difficulty finding work. Listen, if you'd be willing to have me back, I'd be willing to sign up with your company again."),

("npc1_home_intro", "Boss -- did you know that I was born around here, in the high steppe? This is where I got my eye for horseflesh, because this is good land for horses, although a hard land for men. I suppose that's why the Khergits like it."),
  ("npc1_home_description", "Well, Khergits always lived here, even back in the old days, as the Emperor gave them gold and lands to keep out the other tribes. I'm told my grandfather was a Khergit chieftain, although my mother didn't know him, any more than I knew my father. When my mother was a lass, the Khergit started coming over the mountains in larger numbers, and now there's a Khergit Khan in Tulga."),
  ("npc1_home_description_2", "They go easy on us farming folk, and don't ask for much in tax -- not that we would be able to pay in any case. The land isn't good enough for most crops. Frankly, it's only good for horse-rearing, and that only for half of the year, in the winter after the rains. In the summer they take their herds back into the mountains. Caravans come over the hills and bring spice to Tulga, but we don't see much of that money down in the villages."),
  ("npc1_home_recap", "I'm from the high steppe, near {s21}."),

("npc1_honorific", "boss"), #Borcha

("npc1_kingsupport_1", "That's a great idea, Boss. All these kings and khans and landed nobles who rule now, with their prisons and gibbets and scaffolds, the whippings and brandings and hangings for any man who might be driven by the crying of his children to steal a loaf of bread, or maybe a horse -- Calradia deserves something better."), #Borcha
  ("npc1_kingsupport_2", "Sure would, Boss. But let me tell you what might bring others to your cause -- particularly us poor folk. They tell us that in the old days, each new Emperor who took the throne would issue a great amnesty for all but the worst prisoners in his dungeons, give people a second chance to make something of themselves -- like you gave me a second chance, Boss."), #Borcha

("npc1_kingsupport_2a", "Please go on..."), #Borcha
  ("npc1_kingsupport_2b", "Well. We saw how that turned out..."), #Borcha

("npc1_kingsupport_3", "If I could go about this land for a few weeks, telling the common folk that you were going to amnesty their kinfolk like the emperors of old -- well, they would start talking of you as the Emperor, and that would pave your way to the throne. Shall I do that, Boss?"), #Borcha
  ("npc1_kingsupport_objection", "Boss -- you've given leave to Alayen to go tell the nobles that they will have rights over pasture, market, and forest? I can't say I like that. Give him his way, and he'll set up gibbets in every village in the land, where there will dangle some poor sod like me who thought he might pick up a bow, head to the woods and put a bit of meat on his table."), #Borcha

("npc1_intel_mission", "Well, Boss, as it happens, I have a few cousins over in {s17}, and unlike some in my family, they can still stand the sight of me. They deal in horses --- I've even been able to supply them with stock from time to time -- and so they get to pick up a bit of the gossip round the castles and great halls of the {s18}. I could go over there for a few days and tell you what I find out."), #Borcha

("npc1_fief_acceptance", "You'd make me lord of {s17}, Boss? Well, that would be the kindest thing that anyone has ever done for me in a long time. Heh. I'll make the most of it -- you can count on that. I have to say, though -- I'm not sure how the other lords of this realm will react, when they find old Borcha in their august company."), #Borcha

("npc1_turn_against", "I'm sorry that we meet like this, boss. There's no question that I owe my rise in life to you. You doubtless think me ungrateful. However, one has to follow one's destiny -- isn't that correct?"), #Borcha
Again, it doesn't have to follow this format exactly, but this is the format it will end up in.

Ruthven said:
I'm sorry!!! I removed that armor when trying to clean up the Textures file but forgot to take it out of the item pool. As long as you don't touch it it shouldn't crash the game. I'll patch it soon with some other quick fixes.

For now you can avoid the issue by going into the Nysne folder, opening up item_kinds1.txt and changing this:
itm_lamellar_armor_b_r Lamellar_Armor Lamellar_Armor 1  lamellar_armor_b_r 0  16842765 0 2100 704643236 23.000000 70 0 28 20 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

To this:
itm_lamellar_armor_b_r Lamellar_Armor Lamellar_Armor 1  lamellar_armor_b_ll 0  16842765 0 2100 704643236 23.000000 70 0 28 20 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Thanks for the tip! I already had the feeling it would be an easy fix, and for once I was actually right.

Say, I really like this mod so far and even though I am not really experienced with modding Warband (I am in the process of learning) I would like to offer my help for this mod. I have done some retexturing and coding in the past (mostly personal mods for Total War and Bethesda games) and as of a few months now I have been dabbling with Warband. So if you'd want me to pitch in with some stuff, let me know :wink:

I'm glad you like the mod so far! :smile: Truly it makes me happy that someone else is getting some enjoyment out of it. I wasn't looking for help with the mod really, but you seem like a quick learner and I might be able to find a use for you if you wish. What kinds of contributions would you like to make? Your limited experience with Warband modding might be a little prohibitive, but as long as your ambitions are reasonable we might be able to work something out.

Ruthven said:
I'm glad you like the mod so far! :smile: Truly it makes me happy that someone else is getting some enjoyment out of it. I wasn't looking for help with the mod really, but you seem like a quick learner and I might be able to find a use for you if you wish. What kinds of contributions would you like to make? Your limited experience with Warband modding might be a little prohibitive, but as long as your ambitions are reasonable we might be able to work something out.

First of all the companions. I'll give it a go and hopefully come up with some good comrades for the mod, I'll try to stick to the format where possible. I already have the idea of making a companion which would be the descendant of the protagonist in Native. He'd only be able to give some vague stories about his ancestor, the one wilder and more unbelievable than the next, although the player would know that those stories might have happened in someone else's game. Something like that seems like a nice addition to me.

Something I would also like to suggest is perhaps adding some more villages, castles and perhaps cities. It always bugged me in native that there were swathes of land which were as good as desolate, or only populated by low level bandits. Adding minor factions or simply groups of more potent bandits would quickly solve that problem. I'm still in favor of adding a faction or two, why? Because I love the diversity of cultures and troops in some of the mods out there. Granted this mod already has more diversity between the factions and quite well made troops, but I feel like there could be some more. We could even stick to the lore of the series, and choose Geroia or Balion to be factions. I mean a lot could have happened in 200 years. Or an invading faction could also prove interesting, or perhaps making more areas of the map accessible. Above are just some of the ideas which came to mind whilst playing the mod, I'd like to know what you think about these.

EDIT:

Was playing some more and discovered so many nice details in this mod! The sheer variety in units, even amongst the same troop type, is stunning. The taverns are lively, the arenas give a nice feel and the various patrols and the ensuing battles and chaos are simply put amazing. I was also surprised by the night time effects, the best I have seen so far. Below is a picture of me narrowly escaping an axe to the face during a beautiful moonlit night.

Just sent you a pretty lengthy PM.  :razz: Much theorizing to be done. Geroians and Balions are planned to appear as mercenaries (Balions led by the Mad Dog of course for all you multiplayer peeps) and mercenaries will hopefully be making appearances as their own parties on the map. Also, 200 years is a bit too long. There have been only about 50-100 years since Native.

How about a system like the one PoP uses? Minor factions which roam the map, and if they get lucky they'll capture some place and become a major fac?

And boy do I feel stupid, I misread the info text.. :facepalm: Instead of two generations, I somehow read two centuries. Ah well, still a lot can happen in two generations!

Rallix said:
This is good **** mane, I haven't played M&B in a while, but this has my interest. You must have spent a lot of time on this.
Oh you know, just a couple billion years.  :razz: I remember your comments on this video I posted a while back:

That was near the beginning of this mod, and if you look at the multiplayer bots in Nysne you'll see all the stars from the videos. It's come a very long way since then though.

Edit: 200 downloads now!! :party:

nonam3 said:
im getting an opcode error on line 117 and line 118 talking about lady courtship
Yes, I mentioned this in the "Known Bugs" section. It doesn't seem to affect gameplay, it's just a bit ugly to look at. I'm looking into it though.

I've just been playing for a bit and noticed something glaring. There is no shortcut to talk to the Guildmaster. Can that be added in? Having to ride around each city looking for him is a pain.

Hazzardevil said:
I've just been playing for a bit and noticed something glaring. There is no shortcut to talk to the Guildmaster. Can that be added in? Having to ride around each city looking for him is a pain.
That's a very good point. I should have added that for the first release, my bad. In the vaegir/swadian towns he should be very close to the main gate. Nord towns he might be a bit more hidden. In Narra the guild master is by the campfire in the lower part of town, in Ichamur he is to the left past the gate, near the armourer/weaponsmith. In Tulga he's pretty well hidden  :lol: Go to the middle of the town with the raised platform/couches, then go back in the direction of the main gate. You'll find a store of goods and the merchant's shop, with the guild master hanging out outside. I'll maybe add dialogue options to the town walkers as well, so you can ask them where to find the guild master for people who would rather explore the towns.

I also think that a potential thing to add into the game could be stuff to interact or do in town. Maybe like puppet shows or some sort of gambling, or hell even dancing bears or other attractions. Might be a tall order but having more reason to walk about in towns is always a welcome addition.

Dancing bears! Now there's an idea. :smile: I hope to improve towns quite a lot eventually. The mod will probably be kind of slow for the next month or so, I'll try to release a bugfix patch with maybe a couple goodies but major stuff will have to wait. I hope I can get around to it though. I was hoping to use this https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,317313.0.html to spice up towns but it looks like I'll have to do everything manually. It is too bad that we have these gorgeous scenes and not much to do in them though. Although prison breaks are a lot more fun now.

Edit: I think I tracked down the cause of the script error. Should get a bugfix out soon. Also looks like the way to Culmarr Castle wasn't working from one direction, I should be able to fix that too.
Any other bugs/balance things I should look at?

Back
Top Bottom