MP Other NW realistic smoke modification.

Users who are viewing this thread

The performance version makes it so there are less particles for musket,cannon,explosion,rocket and any other kind of smoke that would affect FPS (including rain and snow). The regular version adds some particles to muskets, lessens the amount that explosion smoke is there and makes it more realistic overall.

It's impossible for me to change much of the shape. All i can do (without modding a load of stuff) is change the number of particles, how far it goes after you shoot it, how long it stays for, how much it moves etc etc. I can't make it "bigger", although, i wish i could  :grin:

Paronomasia12 said:
Word of warning. You are at a slight disadvantage whilst using this :wink:
yes, quite true though it did help me once; I was trying to track down a line in a linebattle, say smoke in the air and no line so i knew they were close and later that round ambushed them  :grin:

I'm actually planning on making a total realism version, as in testing and changing ALL the major particle effects, including torches :grin:

tip: don't use high quality smoke effects and you can see pretty alright, although it may be difficult to see through trees and plants.

Musketeer102 said:
I don't exactly understand your question, are you asking what lines of "code" I changed for each one?

That which recently updated file, your mod is divided into three submods: the atmosphere, performance and normal, no?

Back
Top Bottom