• MM

Votes: 204 54.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Vikestad said:
JackieChan said:
Hekko said:
DrTaco said:
It's able to be chambered with high risk yet hardly any reward. Yes it can't be blocked, but you still have to start spinning around if you want to have reliable damage on the ******, or else it's a 50/50 of a headshot instakill or a glance, and that's infinitely more annoying than just blocking it.

To tell an anecdote: I was duelling Devon a few weeks ago. Both us were blocking solidly and not much stuff was happening. I decided to chamber his overheads once in a while. Could chamber them roughly 75% of the time (times I attempted it that is), something like that, but Devon just blocked all of them. When he did a downstab once in a while that I chambered I had a chamber success rate around 80-90% I would say, with more than half of the down chambers landing and doing damage. Accordingly he stopped doing down attacks, and chambering became useless. Now atleast eventually when I chamber his upstabs I will get one through.
Ehm, I might be imagining this, but I was dueling Tav before and he could block every single one of my overhead chambers with ease. I chambered and he simply blocked, it almost felt like it was easier than before.
And another thing is that now, when you kick and you do not have your bayonet raised in advance for a overhead stab, then a overhead stab after the kick is useless. The enemy has loads of time to still block the overhead. It might not always be the case, but when I was dueling before it happened again and again.
Also it is true that now the bayonet feels really underpowered, I was killed half the time by a flutist with a butterknife, simply because he was faster.

On the one point you made, Jackie. Why on earth would you want to do an overhead after kicking someone? Even before the update, surely that wasn't as effective as the normal stab? That is not really a legitimate point at all, since a kick is basically a free kill with the stab from the hip. However, I do agree with most of what you said, but I still think the melee is slightly better after the patch, simply because of the reduction in overhead spamming. After close to 400 duels I feel that I actually have to think again. The most annoying thing now though is the stun you get if someone blocks your overhead.
Well I stabbed from above quite often because I wanted to hit the head immediatly. As for the overhead spam, that might be, but now you can spam your oponent with lower attack when he wants to do a overhead.

Server hotfix released;

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,246922.0.html

There was quite a bad bug, that when you upperstab and get blocked you would be stunned from any attacks for 0.8 seconds. this is now fixed.
As it's a server side only change it should not be too much trouble to get this fixed everywhere.

JackieChan said:
Well I stabbed from above quite often because I wanted to hit the head immediatly. As for the overhead spam, that might be, but now you can spam your oponent with lower attack when he wants to do a overhead.

That's note entirely true, if you block someones downstab you can still do an overhead stab and have attack priority.

Hekko said:
JackieChan said:

That's note entirely true, if you block someones downstab you can still do an overhead stab and have attack priority.
True, but you'd have to stab immediatly.

JackieChan said:

Well yes, but, if  you don't assume that people initiate attacks as soon as possible, attack-priority flies out of the window anyway.

Hekko said:
JackieChan said:

Well yes, but, if  you don't assume that people initiate attacks as soon as possible, attack-priority flies out of the window anyway.
You used to be able to have a little bit more time to also hold your stab. :razz:

No, the thing that has changed is the readying speed. Which per deffinition doesn't affect held stabs, because held stabs work on the principle that they are already beyond the initial readying.

Yeah, I agree, swords for 1v1. Bayonets for groups. Thats my rule and I'm sure loads of people have the same idea  :grin:

I haven't got a problem with infantry swords. Hit them in the head/face with a slash and they normally go down.
Someone mentioned 2 handed swords in native? I hate those thing (apart from rhodoks miltary cleaver, love that)

Back
Top Bottom