NW or MM melee?

• NW

Votes: 171 45.6%
  • MM

Votes: 204 54.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Gambino

Allright lets do a poll, for the oldschool who like MM melee ? or for the fans of NW melee?

for me i think that in the admin panel the admin can set "disable upper stab" this solves everything, it wont be hard to code since they managed to code toilets already..

I find that when I'm playing MM (Or any mod using the same melee system.); even when I'm losing I'm having a good time, because I know the lad that just destroyed what was once my face did so through skill, rather than spamming and abusing similar looking animations.

(I think my vote is obvious.)

I prefer MM, or native melee, as it just feels like it works better. I mean, I've been playing a lot of native multiplayer lately, and, as Boberton said, if you get killed, you know it's because you made a mistake, or your opponent is just better than you. In NW, most of the time it feels like attacks launched at the same time don't land at the same time, some stabs just seem to miss, even though you would swear it was a hit, and the other way around.
So, MM melee over NW melee in my opinion, just because it feels like it was actually working properly.

I do miss those, since NW, I have had only a couple of those last stand attempts where I take out lots of people, sadface.

And I totally agree with what Maroon said.

Hazy you certainly did.
Only God can help you out now.

I voted for the MM melee because I think it just feels better when you are fighting.
But on the other side NW melee is more realistic and also a great addition. Sadly we can´t use both...
Or can we?

Yeah, this is silly, its just a game, if you dont like the gameplay in it, leave simple as that, if you dont like NW melee, go back to MM, noone is stopping you.

I prefered MM melee and it never should have changed.

NW has worse gameplay (due to bugy overhead, limited turning speed, and inconsistency of damage) and it looks worse/more unrealistic (overhead spam).

jbebes said:
Yeah, this is silly, its just a game, if you dont like the gameplay in it, leave simple as that, if you dont like NW melee, go back to MM, noone is stopping you.

What he said, basically from the last 2 topics all I've read is biased opinions shoved into people's faces.

Either shut up or put up

Napoleonic Wars melee.

Its visceral, gritty, and short. Clashes of infantry are fast and furious, if you do not keep your head straight you get swept away. I find this to be the most apt form of combat for the events I enjoy.

DanAngleland said:
Does anyone still play M&M? I know it isn't implied by the poll, I just wondered if anyone had tried going back to it after NW.

The MM community is non-existant now, however, Aztir hosted a temporary MM battle server yesterday and at its peak it got about 40 or so people on it through word-of-mouth.

Back
Top Bottom