[NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing i'd like to know is whether or not the French army had changed their uniforms in any way since the Franco-Prussian war (I mean until they changed to the helmets and horizon blue uniforms.)

Derpingtonpryce said:
One thing i'd like to know is whether or not the French army had changed their uniforms in any way since the Franco-Prussian war (I mean until they changed to the helmets and horizon blue uniforms.)

No clue, but i think right around "the great war" (wW1) was the time that nearly every country adopted the grayish uniform look. =P

Lets just all hope the French are not stuck with Chauchat model 1915s. They would have a hard time equipped with "the worlds worst gun"
Chau15.jpg

Rokker said:
Lets just all hope the French are not stuck with Chauchat model 1915s. They would have a hard time equipped with "the worlds worst gun"
Chau15.jpg

I can only imagine that you cake mud into every part of the gun, and make the gun out of tin (never even mind the open magazine)  It would cease working after about one night of drying.  It would definitely be interesting.  For gun jams, and breakage to be part of the fight.  Forcing you to switch to your pistol, or to run farther back and get another gun.

Rokker said:
Chau15.jpg

Actually, it's not a terrible gun at all. If you read Pétain's 1917 survey of French weapons, many regiments called it a very effective offensive and defensive weapon. It was noted as being useful providing flanking fire, defending conquered trenches, and during offensives, using walking fire. Many Chauchats were noted to have fired thousands of rounds perfectly during combat. They did note some stoppages due to lip deformation and dirt, but it's not as common as people nowadays think it was.

I believe that the bad reputation of the gun stems from the American model, Mle 18, which converted the Chauchat to using the US .30-06. It didn't work out and had tons of issues due to the .30-06 being more powerful 8mm Lebel and just poor manufacturing. Pretty much it was useless and really did jam after a couple rounds like the myths say. Even though American troops were primarily armed with the original French Mle 15 with Lebel rounds, a few Mle 18s were sent to the front lines. Most likely they never saw combat but you can imagine how reporters would swarm over the guys unlucky enough to be assigned with a gun that won't even fire properly. Mle 18s were always thrown away and it is my guess that the reports of Mle18 were more widely published so the reputation of a gun that jams every few seconds spread to the name of the Chauchat, both Mle 15 and 18. It's either that or American Chauchat gunners were just **** at cleaning their Chauchats and weren't given the training to use them as effectively as their French counterparts did.

So no, it isn't a great gun. But it's far from a bad weapon. It's jamming issues were over exaggerated. Also, think about it this way. Both the French and German armies realized the need for a light automatic weapon. The Germans spent the entire war developing the MP 18 and even when it was done, it came out few in number. The French grabbed a pre-war design that could be made out of scraps and were immediately able to manufacture thousands and provide them to troops all over Europe. There's a book called Honour Bound: Chauchat Machine Rifle where you can read more about this.

Rigadoon said:
Rokker said:
Chau15.jpg

Actually, it's not a terrible gun at all.The Germans spent the entire war developing the MP 18 and even when it was done, it came out few in number. The French grabbed a pre-war design that could be made out of scraps and were immediately able to manufacture thousands and provide them to troops all over Europe. There's a book called Honour Bound: Chauchat Machine Rifle where you can read more about this.

im gonna go out on a whim here and say that the chauchat will be in the game XD

ps.  it seems like the germans are always a little behind when it comes to the latest standards for infantry.  *cough* * cough* Sturmgewehr

Rigadoon said:
Rokker said:
Chau15.jpg

Actually, it's not a terrible gun at all. If you read Pétain's 1917 survey of French weapons, many regiments called it a very effective offensive and defensive weapon. It was noted as being useful providing flanking fire, defending conquered trenches, and during offensives, using walking fire. Many Chauchats were noted to have fired thousands of rounds perfectly during combat. They did note some stoppages due to lip deformation and dirt, but it's not as common as people nowadays think it was.

I believe that the bad reputation of the gun stems from the American model, Mle 18, which converted the Chauchat to using the US .30-06. It didn't work out and had tons of issues due to the .30-06 being more powerful 8mm Lebel and just poor manufacturing. Pretty much it was useless and really did jam after a couple rounds like the myths say. Even though American troops were primarily armed with the original French Mle 15 with Lebel rounds, a few Mle 18s were sent to the front lines. Most likely they never saw combat but you can imagine how reporters would swarm over the guys unlucky enough to be assigned with a gun that won't even fire properly. Mle 18s were always thrown away and it is my guess that the reports of Mle18 were more widely published so the reputation of a gun that jams every few seconds spread to the name of the Chauchat, both Mle 15 and 18. It's either that or American Chauchat gunners were just **** at cleaning their Chauchats and weren't given the training to use them as effectively as their French counterparts did.

So no, it isn't a great gun. But it's far from a bad weapon. It's jamming issues were over exaggerated. Also, think about it this way. Both the French and German armies realized the need for a light automatic weapon. The Germans spent the entire war developing the MP 18 and even when it was done, it came out few in number. The French grabbed a pre-war design that could be made out of scraps and were immediately able to manufacture thousands and provide them to troops all over Europe. There's a book called Honour Bound: Chauchat Machine Rifle where you can read more about this.

Soooooo how about the Maschinenpistole 18? They were used at the latter days of the war yet it is a cool gun but balancing issues would be a problem, unless you make it so it jams a lot. A 30%-50% chance of it jamming after each 10 shots and each shot does half a quarter of damage.

Rigadoon said:
Rokker said:
Chau15.jpg

Darn it Rigadoon, you well informed bastard! anyways your probably right seeing how all bad reviews of this gun are American. BTW is there a chance we might see a Hotchkiss? Now there's a nice machine gun.
400px-Hotchkiss_wz._25.jpg

ps just noticed that the Chauchat, wile perhaps not moddled is already in-game. sneaky devil. 

Rokker said:
Rigadoon said:
Rokker said:
Chau15.jpg

Darn it Rigadoon, you well informed bastard! anyways your probably right seeing how all bad reviews of this gun are American. BTW is there a chance we might see a Hotchkiss? Now there's a nice machine gun.
400px-Hotchkiss_wz._25.jpg

ps just noticed that the Chauchat, wile perhaps not moddled is already in-game. sneaky devil.

I just want to get to pee in a maxim!

Spas13 said:
I created a team for Iron Europe and everyday everyone ask me when the game released, nobody understand I can't answer them. It's boring  :lol:

Sorry for that guys  :lol:

I created a team (as in regiment) for Iron Europe and everyday everyone ask me when is the game going to be released, nobody understand because I can't answer them. It's boring**

Je sais c'est pas donné hein

Here's a quick preview. Model by Betaknight, texture by Rigadoon.

Reichsrevolver M1879. An outdated weapon but still deadly. Both French and German officers will be able to choose from a semi-auto and a revolver.
reichsrevolverfinalrender_zpse26f3a49.png

That looks great. . .

Rigadoon?  can i ask how the damage is going to work.  is it going to be multiple bullet kills, or pretty much one hit kills from the torso up?

I have to choose between a revolver and a semi? Oh why does life have to de so difficult! Anyway will take revolver because I bet those brownings or whatever semis are going to have **** power and accuracy. 

Flame2574 said:
That looks great. . .

Rigadoon?  can i ask how the damage is going to work.  is it going to be multiple bullet kills, or pretty much one hit kills from the torso up?
It'll be similar to NW. Most hits will be one shot kill but there will be instances where you can survive a hit, with chances of that happening increasing with distance from the shooter.

Rokker said:
I have to choose between a revolver and a semi? Oh why does life have to de so difficult! Anyway will take revolver because I bet those brownings or whatever semis are going to have **** power and accuracy. 
I'd choose the revolver just because they're sexier.  :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom