[NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
5arge said:
From what I understand, machine guns will be subject to overheating in this mod. So, in theory, you will not be able to just spray death all over the place forever, you will need to control your automatic fire to be effective. This will balance machine guns and light machine guns (if Azrooh can make the code work).

Good, at least they will be balanced.

Sir Douglas Haig said:
5arge said:
From what I understand, machine guns will be subject to overheating in this mod. So, in theory, you will not be able to just spray death all over the place forever, you will need to control your automatic fire to be effective. This will balance machine guns and light machine guns (if Azrooh can make the code work).

yes, they should also have a long reload time, that just adds to the balance

pod455 said:
Sir Douglas Haig said:
5arge said:

yes, they should also have a long reload time, that just adds to the balance

Exactly.

wow, I have so many questions xD
well, I'll do it one at a time and let Douglas have a historcal debate about it  :razz:

How is ammunition going to work? Because the british had the Enfield SMLE which fired .303, the french with the Lebel rifle which fired 8mm lebel and the germans with the Gewehr 98 which fired 7.92x57mm

So will it be like NW where all guns fire the same ammo or will each rifle have its own ammo. I like the idea of each rifle with its own ammo, I think it would add to the realism

pod455 said:
well, I'll do it one at a time and let Douglas have a historcal debate about it  :razz:

How is ammunition going to work? Because the british had the Enfield SMLE which fired .303, the french with the Lebel rifle which fired 8mm lebel and the germans with the Gewehr 98 which fired 7.92x57mm

So will it be like NW where all guns fire the same ammo or will each rifle have its own ammo. I like the idea of each rifle with its own ammo, I think it would add to the realism

I suppose that they will have the same ammo like in NW, we'll see.

pod455 said:

It would be historically accurate, but all games that are historical don't alway have to be exact. And pod. Play some WWI source.

Sir Douglas Haig said:
That was my historical advice.. now this is my other advice, don't do it. I have been waiting for something like this for too much, I don't want to this become a china battlefield...

If you have advice, we're happy to take it into consideration. But I'm not inclined to listen to someone who makes up historical facts to get what he wants in the mod.

If Instruments are Included in the mod ( hopefully bagpipes ) can we have a poll to  determine what music the instruments play

Crash R us said:
If Instruments are Included in the mod ( hopefully bagpipes ) can we have a poll to see what determine the Instruments can play?

I only care about the bagpipes, flutes are pointless for a mod like this one, also the drums.

Sir Douglas Haig said:
Crash R us said:
If Instruments are Included in the mod ( hopefully bagpipes ) can we have a poll to see what determine the Instruments can play?

I only care about the bagpipes, flutes are pointless for a mod like this one, also the drums.

Yeh flutes and drums are too quiet

LordAdder said:
pod455 said:

It would be historically accurate, but all games that are historical don't alway have to be exact. And pod. Play some WWI source.
I play it all the time. Its just I cant wait for 2.0  :mad:

Is it me or did the LMGs of the time jammed a lot? I was doing WWI reenacting and a fellow had his next to me and it jammed quite a bit. Same with the fire I could see across the way from the French. Just wondering if it was really like that.

Landrik said:
Is it me or did the LMGs of the time jammed a lot? I was doing WWI reenacting and a fellow had his next to me and it jammed quite a bit. Same with the fire I could see across the way from the French. Just wondering if it was really like that.
It could have been a Chauchat XD

pod455 said:
LordAdder said:
pod455 said:

2.0 won't happen, we should play together.
WAIT! we should host a realism match :O, I know the commanders of the 3rd Mar.
I play it all the time. Its just I cant wait for 2.0  :mad:

Landrik said:
it probably did. He machine guns had alot of moving parts and they were always sitting in mud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom