[NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rigadoon said:
K98az
k98az.png

Karabiner 98k was used in the second World War, not in the Great War..

Docm30 said:
It clearly says in the post that it's a K98AZ, which was used in the First World War.
It was used in the late war, being more specific, 1918, but as the module will be placed in 1915-16 (or at least that's what I've read), that's invalid.

Sir Douglas Haig said:
Docm30 said:
It clearly says in the post that it's a K98AZ, which was used in the First World War.
It was used in the late war, being more specific, 1918, but as the module will be placed in 1915-16 (or at least that's what I've read), that's invalid.
Well I know of one know-it-all who won't be invited to test the Beta.  :twisted:

5arge said:
Sir Douglas Haig said:
Docm30 said:
Well I know of one know-it-all who won't be invited to test the Beta.  :twisted:
Where did you get info on it? I never saw/heard of the K98AZ

LordAdder said:
5arge said:
Sir Douglas Haig said:
Docm30 said:
I heard of it once,
on update 12 of a great WW1 mod for Warband: NW

pod455 said:
LordAdder said:
5arge said:
Sir Douglas Haig said:
Docm30 said:
I can't find much of the Actual weapon :/. I know alot of guns, but this one I never heard of...
I heard of it once,
on update 12 of a great WW1 mod for Warband: NW
I know alot of guns, but this one... I never heard of it before.... I'm guessing it's very rare and may have played a minor role in WWI.

LordAdder said:

This is my source.
http://thegunner.net/khxc/index1.php?app=gbu0&ns=prodshow&ref=G22-k98az

As you see, the K98az was only used in 1918, it were designed for cavalry and artillery units, his use in the Great War was extremely rare, except in the second World War.

Sir Douglas Haig said:
This is my source.

As you see, the K98az was only used in 1918, it were designed for cavalry and artillery units, his use in the Great War was rare, except in the second World War.
You need to do more research. This particular model pictured was made in 1918, but the carbine itself was approved for production in 1908.

5arge said:
Sir Douglas Haig said:
This is my source.

As you see, the K98az was only used in 1918, it were designed for cavalry and artillery units, his use in the Great War was rare, except in the second World War.
You need to do more research. This particular model pictured was made in 1918, but the carbine itself was approved for production in 1908.
I could like to you post your sources, as it's not easy to find information about the K98az.

Sir Douglas Haig said:
I could like to you post your sources, as it's not easy to find information about the K98az.
The reason why Google won't give you the answer you are looking for is because Google didn't work at a firearms auction for a year, but I did. You aren't finding information about the Kar98AZ being used prior to 1918 because it was called the Kar98, or sometimes Kar98a, up until the end of the war when a Kar98b was developed. Only then did they need to distinguish between the older and newer model carbine. Just FYI, Kar98 stands for Carbine Model 1898, so why the heck would they wait until 1918 to start making/using them?

5arge said:
You aren't finding information about the Kar98AZ being used prior to 1918 because it was called the Kar98, or sometimes Kar98a, up until the end of the war when a Kar98b was developed. Only then did they need to distinguish between the older and newer model carbine. Just FYI, Kar98 stands for Carbine Model 1898, so why the heck would they wait until 1918 to start making/using them?
The production of the Kar98 was approved in 1908, as you said previously it were originally designed for artillery units but then it were assigned to the Stormtroopers in 1918, Mauser 98 and the Kar98k are clearly not the same as the Kar98 was a repetition shoot rifle. once, a german officer comment about the Mauser 98, you never shoot so accurate, when you know that you only has a bullet.

5arge said:
Sir Douglas Haig said:
The reason why Google won't give you the answer you are looking for is because Google didn't work at a firearms auction for a year, but I did. You aren't finding information about the Kar98AZ being used prior to 1918 because it was called the Kar98, or sometimes Kar98a, up until the end of the war when a Kar98b was developed. Only then did they need to distinguish between the older and newer model carbine. Just FYI, Kar98 stands for Carbine Model 1898, so why the heck would they wait until 1918 to start making/using them?
Thank's 5arge

BetaKnight said:
Well is the MG right? or do i have to correct something yet?
Well, props on the MG Beta, It looks right.... now let me research it.
*after a minute of looking it up*
Yeap it looks pretty good, minor details will be added later on.

LordAdder said:
BetaKnight said:
Well is the MG right? or do i have to correct something yet?
Well, props on the MG Beta, It looks right.... now let me research it.
*after a minute of looking it up*
Yeap it looks pretty good, minor details will be added later on.
I see what you did there... and I like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom