[NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
gaham1 said:
I know this is ww2 but watch letters from Iwo Jima. It shows the japanese teaching their soldiers to shoot the american medics in the leg. The theory behind this was because he would be considered the most important 1-4 people would stop what they were doing to save him since he can save all of them.
What an interesting, and believable theory.

DanyEle said:
MMm.. and what if you had pressed the "delete" button.
Luckily there is no such thing.

Bacon169 said:
Just wondering why is the barbed ire moving with the wind ?
Joseph said he was under able to stop it from doing that but I'm sure we'll figure it out.

Xanderman said:
Trench guns for the Tommies!
From what I hear for the British they were unsanctioned and rarely used.

Comrade Temuzu said:
"Fairly". The trench from the OSP is not compatible with the corner piece of the same trench, they also use different ground textures and make it look weird.

Bunkers are missing their textures.

And yeah, collision issues on the fire steps for example.
I tried it out in game and I'd hardly call the corner piece incompatible, one is narrower by like 5 inches. But yes, well fix that. They do use the exact same texture sheet though so the ground textures are the same but they indeed can use some tweeking to blend better. Bunkers are working fine for me.

Rigadoon said:
Comrade Temuzu said:
"Fairly". The trench from the OSP is not compatible with the corner piece of the same trench, they also use different ground textures and make it look weird.

Bunkers are missing their textures.

And yeah, collision issues on the fire steps for example.
I tried it out in game and I'd hardly call the corner piece incompatible, one is narrower by like 5 inches. But yes, well fix that. They do use the exact same texture sheet though so the ground textures are the same but they indeed can use some tweeking to blend better. Bunkers are working fine for me.
I'm a bit of a nitpicker when it comes to supposedly modular props. I think the trenches in NW did it pretty well, the prop ends in a thick piece of wood, allowing for nearly seamless transition, and so on.

Mhmh I started on a map but the trench parts arn't all matching its impossible to connect them all to gether without looking ugly and not right :???:

If you are going to add ottomans, their warcry would be: Before charging the officer would shout: TEKBIR, then the recruits would shout back ALLAHUEKBER, and while charging, they would shout: ALLAH ALLAH ALLAH ALLAH constantly.

with the officer class, what weapons will they have if not a sword. Because in the designated era of the war, 1917, many of them just went over the top with a pistol. Unless the pistols were amazingly accurate and fast, i doubt an officer would be a favorable class for those of us in command  :???:

GoldenEagle said:
If you are going to add ottomans, their warcry would be: Before charging the officer would shout: TEKBIR, then the recruits would shout back ALLAHUEKBER, and while charging, they would shout: ALLAH ALLAH ALLAH ALLAH constantly.

Check out Galipoli Mod http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,242888.0.html If you want to play as Turks.

And really the devs are lucky since practically all other countries that participated in WWI in Europe used either French, British, Russian or German uniforms... :razz: Lucky you, sparred pages of people whining on how much they'd be awesome if they added a particular faction

wrath7 said:
with the officer class, what weapons will they have if not a sword. Because in the designated era of the war, 1917, many of them just went over the top with a pistol. Unless the pistols were amazingly accurate and fast, i doubt an officer would be a favorable class for those of us in command  :???:
British staff officers were issued the 1897 pattern British infantry sword, and the Germans used the Imperial Saxon m1911 infantry sword so i suppose sword will be used in conjunction with revolvers.

Units Poll

So we need opinions on what the unit system should be like. For normal infantry, should we have several different units with different uniforms(like NW) or just restrict the players to be normal soldiers with standard uniforms(normal FPS)? While we do take the poll results into account, written responses that provide strong arguments are much more influential to our decisions. Just like the last poll, the poll results do not decide what we choose to do.

Points to think about on the 2nd Option(normal soldiers with standard uniforms)
-You won't be able to play as units like the ANZACs, Foreign Legion, or Jaegers. However, it'll also mean that we can include much more randomization for the standard uniform. Making every player unique in slight changes of the uniform. For example, some french soldiers having their coat flaps folded back and some letting it loose. Or maybe some Adrian helmets having the strap and some not having any at all. If you really want to play as one of the special units that participated in the war, there's always the option of re-skin.

-More realistic considering the fact that due to server size, the engagements are really company vs company, and in a company you really wouldn't find both a normal French soldier and a Foreign Legionnaire with Khaki uniform.

-Classes will be more focused on gameplay rather than visuals, like maybe selecting a class that brings more ammo to the fight in exchange for not having a bayonet. So while players can't customize how they look as much, they have more options on how they want to fight.

-We'll be able to get a release out earlier and spend more time on things like weapons and scene props.

Menelaos16 said:
I'm voting variety for accuracy if your post is correct.
If you mean historical accuracy, no. My post meant that having more variety is less accurate.

I should probably rephrase it. I mean having less variety would re-enact WWI battles more realistically.

wait do u mean that there wont be any kilted highlanders or slouch hat Australians... ever, if we choose no variety?

dont you think individuality to a regiment is somewhat important? Cant you just say that in the first release there wont be much "variety", but eventually in later updates you could work on the more detail oriented aspects like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom