[NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bolt action rifles of the time were quire acurate, but it depended on the shooter,

I think the guns should be clunky and that and not ultra smooth otherwise it will be who can keep their heads down ( wait that's what ww1 was all about :grin: )
It will make getting a bayonet kill very special indeed :grin:

Any melee weapons other then the bayonet? Like the trench spike, knife, clubs, officers swords l ( some swords werre carried) and that?

I know this is too early to say but I think this mod would make a god for an invasion  type, defend the trench from oncoming waves of attackers using egeything st your disposal :grin:
all in all im very untreated and wish best of luck with the mod :grin: sorry about suggestions

Yeah, there are melee weapons.

Another user said something "bolting" your rifle manually, I was wondering the samething.
Also, perhaps add a spade that has the dual function of digging trenches and bashing in skulls. :razz:

Cosmic_Nate said:
The bolt action rifles of the time were quire acurate, but it depended on the shooter,

I think the guns should be clunky and that and not ultra smooth otherwise it will be who can keep their heads down ( wait that's what ww1 was all about :grin: )
It will make getting a bayonet kill very special indeed :grin:

Any melee weapons other then the bayonet? Like the trench spike, knife, clubs, officers swords l ( some swords werre carried) and that?

I know this is too early to say but I think this mod would make a god for an invasion  type, defend the trench from oncoming waves of attackers using egeything st your disposal :grin:
all in all im very untreated and wish best of luck with the mod :grin: sorry about suggestions
Update #7 has a ton of melee weapons. There are still more we're planning to add.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,244964.msg5944064.html#msg5944064

TARDIS said:
Yeah, there are melee weapons.

Another user said something "bolting" your rifle manually, I was wondering the samething.
Also, perhaps add a spade that has the dual function of digging trenches and bashing in skulls. :razz:
We have a system for bolting done but it's not something we can show yet. Spade is in as a melee weapon but it probably won't be able to dig.

Update #9

A week ago, we showed some big plans for the future. Azrooh has gotten started on some of the features but let's start off with some models.

The Adrian Helmet! Again!
But now it has a cap badge, leather strap, and the texture has been changed a little. There will be some variation with the helmets so you'll find that on the battlefield not every Adrian helmet with have the strap.
adrianhelmet.png

Lebel Bayonet
By Rigadoon. Right now it is not showing up properly in game(as you'll see in the video) but it'll be fixed.
lebelbayonet-1.png

Shovel
Here's a shovel from Lucke189's WWI osp that will be available as a melee weapon.
mb2-2.jpg

French Officer Uniform ingame
Note that the officer most likely won't have a sword in the actual release. Also, the helmet badge isn't showing up properly on the Adrian Helmet yet.
DA00C5588A0EE71714028FAE1474999403E9072E

So here is what Azrooh has done in coding! This video shows the French Chauchat Light Machine Gun in action with auto fire! It also shows the attachable/detachable bayonet feature.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssue0F2irAE

Rigadoon said:
So here is what Azrooh has done in coding! This video shows the French Chauchat Light Machine Gun in action with auto fire! It also shows the attachable/detachable bayonet feature.
What did I tell ya, Pod?  :grin:

Amazing process guys. Keep it up!

Well done Azrooh! Excellent work. Not to forget anyone else who's work was in that update! That bayonet is gorgeus!

Rhudda Ar Clogyn Barfau said:
I think the machine gunner should probably only be able to fire from stationary, otherwise... bad things

I think their is two. Light and heavy machine gun.

Well even a light machine gun cannot be fired without deploying it. The only thing that is different, is that you can carry it around easily. Only submachine guns can be fired while walking. But since these appeared very rarely in WW1 i doubt that someone will make them.

McEwanMaster77 said:
Rigadoon said:
What did I tell ya, Pod?  :grin:

Amazing process guys. Keep it up!
xD Tell me my future!  :razz:

lord_olafson said:
Well even a light machine gun cannot be fired without deploying it. The only thing that is different, is that you can carry it around easily. Only submachine guns can be fired while walking. But since these appeared very rarely in WW1 i doubt that someone will make them.

You're wrong - Even the 08/15 and lewis could be fired standing, but whatever.

Also, judging by the video, the chauchat magazine is in backwards - or just placed in completely the wrong spot or something.
It should probably be fired from the hip while moving (thus quite inaccurate) because the weight would be quite awkward to support without being suspended neatly from the sling. And if you want some gun-nerd humour, i'd also say the video should have had at least 3 FTFs in it.
Try this kind of posture,
Belleau+Wood+Marine+with+Chouchat.jpg

Harry_ said:
lord_olafson said:

You're wrong - Even the 08/15 and lewis could be fired standing, but whatever.

Also, judging by the video, the chauchat magazine is in backwards - or just placed in completely the wrong spot or something.
It should probably be fired from the hip while moving (thus quite inaccurate) because the weight would be quite awkward to support without being suspended neatly from the sling. And if you want some gun-nerd humour, i'd also say the video should have had at least 3 FTFs in it.
Try this kind of posture,
Belleau+Wood+Marine+with+Chouchat.jpg

[quote author=Video Description]The Chauchat light machine gun in the video is a placeholder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom