Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
gaham1 said:
Menelaos16 said:
Gunny said:
I meant the armor :razz:
3b103eaf55d41ab2bf0c2b87dcac761f-orig

Seems like a latewar luxury for soldiers.
this one was completly bullet proof but you can see obvious reasons why it wasnt wide spread usage.
Would love to see one of those ingame, maybe give it as a very rare item for storm troopers, like 1:10 chance of getting it. Imagine an almost literal tincan slowly running your way, holding a trench club, while your shots do nothing. :lol:

wrath7 said:
dhm1662.jpg

the cane like object in the officers hand is a swagger stick. uncommonly known but extremely important to the officer rank, these wooden sticks were symbols of authority first in Victorian britain, then spread to the german and austrian empires as well as france and the US, etc. in the 1st ww many officers and nco's used these to represent prestige as well as beat undisciplined troops. I have mentioned these artifacts before casually, but i am interested as to if swagger sticks will be dded for some officers as a replacement for the lesser used saber (especially as we reach the ww1 period).

"Wouldn't want to face a German machine gun without this"

TWking said:
wrath7 said:
dhm1662.jpg

the cane like object in the officers hand is a swagger stick. uncommonly known but extremely important to the officer rank, these wooden sticks were symbols of authority first in Victorian britain, then spread to the german and austrian empires as well as france and the US, etc. in the 1st ww many officers and nco's used these to represent prestige as well as beat undisciplined troops. I have mentioned these artifacts before casually, but i am interested as to if swagger sticks will be dded for some officers as a replacement for the lesser used saber (especially as we reach the ww1 period).

"Wouldn't want to face a German machine gun without this"

of course not :roll:

Hey, I made a new Signature.. For UK now  :mrgreen:. Sorry I couldn't contact you on steam, and I need to go offline quite early tonight. So I posted it here, hope you like it!

ieuk.png

Mack. said:
Hey, I made a new Signature.. For UK now  :mrgreen:. Sorry I couldn't contact you on steam, and I need to go offline quite early tonight. So I posted it here, hope you like it!

315jpc9.png
It's gawgeous!

Mack. said:

315jpc9.png

Ooh, I like this one.

[me=TheBoberton]takes it immediately.[/me]

Mack. said:

ieuk.png

Great job on the sig

Mack. said:
Thanks gunna make on for America tommorrow...  :mrgreen:

Any chance you could do one for the highlanders? I know they fall under the same category as the British, but a signature with them would be... so amazing. :grin:

Der Einzige said:
What's with everyone's masturbatory obsession with "Highlanders"?

Because they're part of an interesting culture that has fought for and against empires for centuries, spread its influence throughout the world, and have, in my opinion, some of the best damn music in the world?

TheBoberton said:
Der Einzige said:

Because they're part of an interesting culture that has fought for and against empires for centuries, spread its influence throughout the world, and have, in my opinion, some of the best damn music in the world?
In other words, they're bad asses.

TheBoberton said:
Der Einzige said:

Almost every group of people have "fought for and against empires for centuries" the Scots are in no way special. I'm sure if the Welsh and Irish soldiers wore kilts you would all circle jerk over them too. Also, "spread its influence around the word"? No, not really. Who have they "influenced" aside from some kids playing a game?

Der Einzige said:
Almost every group of people have "fought for and against empires for centuries" the Scots are in no way special. I'm sure if the Welsh and Irish soldiers wore kilts you would all circle jerk over them too. Also, "spread its influence around the word"? No, not really. Who have they "influenced" aside from some kids playing a game?

[me=TheBoberton]wonders if you realize that you're arguing with someone who finds the Irish and Welsh cultures interesting as well.[/me]

And the Scottish influenced the development of the United States, along with the Irish. (Both groups, and the Scots-Irish (Residents of Ulster, who can be argued as both.), made up a large portion of immigrants to the states like Georgia in the US during the 1700 and 1800s.) They also influenced the development of bagpipe music around the world. (Not many have heard of the Irish pipes, nor those used by other cultures, just the Great Highland Bagpipes.) I'm sure if you look around, you'll find many things that the Scottish have done, beyond what I've pointed out here.

Anyways, let's not continue this useless argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom