[NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry_ said:
Onikujo said:
Somalia was an Italian colony at the time.  :wink:

what's your point?
My point was I was bored and I like to try to fact check as best as possible.

Prince_Eugen said:
Onikujo said:
Not only, France had a colony there, French Somaliland.

I should stop, this seems like a silly conversation...but French Somaliland is now Djibouti, I was going off of strict modern geographic borders...  :cry:

Onikujo said:
Harry_ said:
Onikujo said:

what's your point?
My point was I was bored and I like to try to fact check as best as possible.

Prince_Eugen said:
Onikujo said:
Not only, France had a colony there, French Somaliland.

I should stop, this seems like a silly conversation...but French Somaliland is now Djibouti, I was going off of strict modern geographic borders...  :cry:

sure, but there were somalis serving alongside the senegalese and moroccans at duamont. I'm not sure how they were recruited

Harry_ said:
Comrade Temuzu said:
I like what Im seeing. Didnt Verdun have like forts and ****? Im thinking of doing something that has both trenches and close-quarter battle inside a fort.

Try fort duamont. It couldnt really be done historically cause most the combat was done by enormous seige guns, but if you set it in like mid 1916, with the fort partially destroyed, and germans defending. Have the french attacking from the western side of the fort for bonus points. Historically the french failed in their attempt to recapture it after a day and a half or so.

You could alternately set it afterwards. there was a huge fire in the fort when the magazine caught fire and as the germans were in the process of pulling out, the french went in. So there'd be a huge burnt out portion of the fort in this scenario, but it couldnt really be done historically. The french troops in this particular attempt were mostly uh... how do i put this.... black. They were somalis and senegalese and other french colonial troops. They captured the fort in a few hours. Wonder what white supremacists would have to say about that.

French colonial troops had reputation of getting into melee at every possible opportunity (and being quite brutal along with tendency not to take prisoners), which terrified german soldiers so much (germans didn't see bayonet training so essential as allied commanders) that you could almost rout new soldiers just by deploying colonial troops.

About light machine guns, will something be done so that they won't become the most effective way of clearing the trenches?

Leaps into trench ' say hello to my little freind' ( rakes it with machine fine fire killing 7 people
)
" you mess with me you mess with thr best" ( fells another companie of men ) lol :grin:

Been messing with the new props.

They need tweaking. Phantom hitboxes, props that are different sizes when theyre supposed to fit eachother, and other things. I suppose I can make a map out of this, but we'll see.

Onii-Chan said:
Miss lock? :p

I accidently hit the lock button while using a phone browser  :lol:

Comrade Temuzu said:

They need tweaking. Phantom hitboxes, props that are different sizes when theyre supposed to fit eachother, and other things. I suppose I can make a map out of this, but we'll see.

Can you specify what items have these issues? I know the collision meshes are glitchy but the trenches always fit fairly well for me.

"Fairly". The trench from the OSP is not compatible with the corner piece of the same trench, they also use different ground textures and make it look weird.

Bunkers are missing their textures.

And yeah, collision issues on the fire steps for example.

Rigadoon said:
Onii-Chan said:
Miss lock? :p

I accidently hit the lock button while using a phone browser  :lol:

Comrade Temuzu said:

Can you specify what items have these issues? I know the collision meshes are glitchy but the trenches always fit fairly well for me.

MMm.. and what if you had pressed the "delete" button. I hope the "Mod's Under construction" Iron Europe's page could work as backup just in case..

Xanderman said:
Trench guns for the Tommies!

Pretty much every army except the americans saw shotguns as barbaric, itd seem. Ive heard some stuff about trench raiders using sawn offs but can't verify it.

pretty sure there were some old nitro express rifles used for shooting at tanks or shields on field pieces though. Nothing common. It really makes no sense to include stuff if it wasn't commonly issued, at least until all the commonly issued stuff is done

No its fine.If i remeber it is normal,landwehr and stormtrooper
I think thats all for now but Rigadoon will give you a more detailed ansewer xD

Harry_ said:
Pretty much every army except the americans saw shotguns as barbaric, itd seem. Ive heard some stuff about trench raiders using sawn offs but can't verify it.
That is so strange considering one of the best shotguns ever made (Browning A-5) was being made in Belgium during this period. I couldn't find many recorded instances of shotgun use either, just anecdotal stuff. I read that the Americans used Winchester shotguns, and that the Germans saw them as "unfair" because a 00 pellet would wound you but not kill you. That, in fact, is why we use the 5.56 NATO round today. It wounds people bad, but doesn't instantly kill them. The theory is that wounding a soldier badly will cause his fellow soldiers to stop fighting and attend to them, so by wounding one you remove two or three from combat. If you just kill a guy, his buddies will keep fighting. The Germans, on the other hand, thought there was more honor in killing all of your enemies as quickly as possible. Keep in mind, these are the folks who invented the man portable flame thrower, so I don't know if we want to give their "honorable" view of killing your foe too much credence.

I know this is ww2 but watch letters from Iwo Jima. It shows the japanese teaching their soldiers to shoot the american medics in the leg. The theory behind this was because he would be considered the most important 1-4 people would stop what they were doing to save him since he can save all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom