[NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'll let the better mappers make you guys some maps for now, my concept seems basic: two sides with a center to charge across scattered with wire and all your typical stuff. I'm having a hard time thinking of other things, maybe a tunnel network that flanks around?

But my question is why should we map now if MG's aren't in this version. Will they be deployable?

DragzJoker said:
Have you read All Quiet on The Western Front if so you know how soldiers used shovels instead of bayonets because it doesnt get stuck, I would love to see guys running around killing people with spades
Update 9

Xanderman said:
I know this is far fetched but will tanks and aeroplanes ever be included because that would be the game of the year for me if that ever happened, anyway keep up the good work. Can't wait.:grin:
FAQ #6

This info is conveniently on the front page for a reason.

Vincenzo said:
I noticed something in your mapping module, most of your textures are wrongly compressed.

Make sure you save all your textures in DXT1 format, unless you need the transparency.

Ah, an easy fix. Thanks!

Menelaos16 said:
I think I'll let the better mappers make you guys some maps for now, my concept seems basic: two sides with a center to charge across scattered with wire and all your typical stuff. I'm having a hard time thinking of other things, maybe a tunnel network that flanks around?

But my question is why should we map now if MG's aren't in this version. Will they be deployable?
MG's will spawn with players like the rockets in NW.

I like what Im seeing. Didnt Verdun have like forts and ****? Im thinking of doing something that has both trenches and close-quarter battle inside a fort.

Comrade Temuzu said:
I like what Im seeing. Didnt Verdun have like forts and ****? Im thinking of doing something that has both trenches and close-quarter battle inside a fort.

Sounds good.

If there are any specific props you guys would like, we'd be happy to hear them.

gokiller said:
Just started with the terrain. Nothing historical. Or anything special :razz: It will be probly a conquest map.

47C80C59C0762E60FA7C6A7774E300DECEC69B8C
24A7149453BF69D4ED6C5DD3D41E330FA6845396

T'is alwfully massive can't friggin' wait for this mod to come out :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Wow people I don't believe it that you are making a world war 1 mod. If i can help in any way then just tell me. Good Luck and PLEASE BE FAST.

PvtEryk said:
Wow people I don't believe it that you are making a world war 1 mod. If i can help in any way then just tell me. Good Luck and PLEASE BE FAST.
If you want to help tell them your modding skills if you have any

Comrade Temuzu said:

Try fort duamont. It couldnt really be done historically cause most the combat was done by enormous seige guns, but if you set it in like mid 1916, with the fort partially destroyed, and germans defending. Have the french attacking from the western side of the fort for bonus points. Historically the french failed in their attempt to recapture it after a day and a half or so.

You could alternately set it afterwards. there was a huge fire in the fort when the magazine caught fire and as the germans were in the process of pulling out, the french went in. So there'd be a huge burnt out portion of the fort in this scenario, but it couldnt really be done historically. The french troops in this particular attempt were mostly uh... how do i put this.... black. They were somalis and senegalese and other french colonial troops. They captured the fort in a few hours. Wonder what white supremacists would have to say about that.

Harry_ said:
Comrade Temuzu said:

Try fort duamont. It couldnt really be done historically cause most the combat was done by enormous seige guns, but if you set it in like mid 1916, with the fort partially destroyed, and germans defending. Have the french attacking from the western side of the fort for bonus points. Historically the french failed in their attempt to recapture it after a day and a half or so.

You could alternately set it afterwards. there was a huge fire in the fort when the magazine caught fire and as the germans were in the process of pulling out, the french went in. So there'd be a huge burnt out portion of the fort in this scenario, but it couldnt really be done historically. The french troops in this particular attempt were mostly uh... how do i put this.... black. They were somalis and senegalese and other french colonial troops. They captured the fort in a few hours. Wonder what white supremacists would have to say about that.
Somalia was an Italian colony at the time.  :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom