[NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stevon said:
Well I've seen some photos from the war, of soldiers carrying their full kit as they go over the top. Mostly of the British and Canadians, but I don't know how frequent it was. I'm sure it slowed them down, but like you guys say, there was the benefit of having all of your supplies with you when you (hopefully) took the opposing trench. Anyways, I'm just rambling, trust Harry on this matter. :razz:
a11_world_war_1_trench_warefare_13.jpg

no, you're correct saying this - its just that if you compare lots and lots of 1916-1918 photos youll notice that *most* the time guys in combat aren't wearing them. Like i mentioned, sometimes they would be required to take their gear with them to the next trench, but once they discovered they never really end up staying there for all that long, they started with the light loads and rolls. Imagine for example taking a trench and suddenly being under mortar or artillery fire. The enemy side would have all their own ground dialled in pretty damn good and i can imagine this would be a pretty real threat unless you continued the push pretty quick. Good old back n' forth.

Thanks foe the info on great coats :grin: I knew the prussin line infantry ( blue) had grey coats and there was a few instances where people in great coats got shot less because they were grey snc not blue and red
Probly why the Prussians ended up wearing grey in ww1
with the pack thing you could use the currnt mount blade weight system like say a pack weighs
15 so that would slow you down quite s bit

Maybe the packs could carry mote stuff like mote ammo a shovel, grenade , wire cutters and other useful stuff :razz:

I've often heard storied of British tommys drowning in shell holes while crossing no mans land because they carries there fill load which was like 60lb o think
Evrything from his equipment and rations hr carried
if you make British is there gonna be great costs fir some of the British soldiers
Thru had kaki coats they wore during winter and coldr days

i am not shure if i amy if i dont sorry. Does anyone want to join a regiment?
we will take french or britain (i am not shure if there exist a britain faction)
http://1stbroyalfusiliers.wordpress.com/

Rigadoon said:
Harry_ said:
@Harry, I've seen several photos of men wearing the whole pack into the battle along with men wearing minimal gear. Like you said, leaving most of their gear behind posed a problem when men were trying to take permanently capture trenches. Which is why the plan is to have men with full gear and men with minimal gear.

That should work, as long as the majority are in light gear as no amount of serious marching is gunna be done on a MnB map.
This is probably crazy, but itd be interesting if you could pick up and drop your pack at any point. If you have a stamina system, stamina could drop super quickly when wearing the full load (as well as maybe a small speed decrease) but if wearing a full back you could capture trenches faster, as an abstracted way of portraying being in "good supply." So you could risk getting tired or being an easy target in no mans land for a small bonus at the other end, or travel light and work like a true trench raider.
I dunno, maybe theres something already in place for that kind of thing.

Wow, I was literally thinking the exact same thing. Even with the stuff on capturing trenches faster and speed decrease.

Doesn't multiple pieces of equipment have weight anyway? You could make it so if you take off your pack you will lose a certain amount of ammo or grenades. There would have to be a negative to taking it off otherwise everyone will just take theirs off I agree, I don't think having a pack to capture trenches is enough assentive however.

Wearing pack

+ Ammo and grenades/decreased capture time
- Decreased stamina/aim is off when aiming out of running

No pack

+Increased stamina and speed/increased accuracy when sprinting
- Less ammunition/increased capture time

Trench raiders might be a nice class, carrying increased explosives and melee weapons/machine guns.

I was just on the 15th server humans vs bits and I think that ww1 setting would be great for this

2. humans command 100s of bots against human defenders :grin:

Heist said:
Cant Wait! When are we allowed to choose regiments?
You can anytime I'm pretty sure.

I've already reserved the 1st french infantry regiment, and whatever its officially called in french.

GoblinOverlord said:
Are you going to implement warcries? If so, are you going to recors or just take the ones from NW?  :grin:

Current war cries, apart from the mention of a Prussian King and Wellington/Napoleon seem perfectly fine for it.

SeanBeansShako said:
GoblinOverlord said:
Are you going to implement warcries? If so, are you going to recors or just take the ones from NW?  :grin:

Current war cries, apart from the mention of a Prussian King and Wellington/Napoleon seem perfectly fine for it.

The war cries in Napoleonic Wars seem, to me, to be of literate men shouting. In the First World War, most men would not roll their r's  ect.

rusky87 said:
SeanBeansShako said:
GoblinOverlord said:

The war cries in Napoleonic Wars seem, to me, to be of literate men shouting. In the First World War, most men would not roll their r's  ect.

And the Germans also had to shout Kaiser instead of King.  :wink:

This'll be so great when it's released! I can imagine Trench events.  :grin:

As the young officer ran through the trench, bullets pinged of the top, dirt splattered his recently cleaned Stahlhelm and uniform. He was covered in mud by an artillery shell, hitting the trench's outer-rim. He shouted at his men to hold the line. The French advance continued, bodies dropping from both sides. The French, taking too many casualties, broke and fled. They had won. For the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom