[NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
images

Warning

Vasilio said:
Are there going to be any town maps? City/town/village fights in WW1 were quite interesting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t28o05LbYnc
Re post I guess but still.

Rigadoon said:
We're still trying to figure what penalties there should be. I think making it so that the player has to take it off after 20 seconds will be too annoying. My idea for penalties is this,

-Reduced visibility, because of the mask itself
-Weaker melee, because of less oxygen
-Less agility, because of less oxygen

That should be enough for the player to keep the mask off when it's not needed.

I think the gas mask, could be an item chosen in the inventory? like in native?
Also remember whats its like to use the telescope on NW well you could make it like that, so when you equip the gas mask you have next to no periphals, this would mean you couldnt melee spin as you would have no idea who is around you
Also its dirty and dark on the lenses so that would be reason enough not to wear it. So that way it wouldnt be like stabed in the heel to wear a gas mask but a matter of, clear vision or severly hampered vision

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f0/US_Navy_070122-N-0684R-021_A_view_from_inside_an_MCU-2P_gas_mask_shows_as_Damage_Controlman_2nd_Class_Josh_Maxwell_performs_proper_seal_checks_during_Chemical_Biological_Radiological_Warfare_gear_issue_aboard_the_Nimitz-class_a.jpg

I aslo have an idea on uniforms, Instead of having lets say britian with 5 inf regeiments and a frnace faction with 5 inf reg unifroms
why not just have allies vs Axis
Allies team could have a french infantry and cvalry reg, a british inf and cav, and a some others, whislt Axis could have germen and austrian units and hungarian units all in the same faction,

So people who love the british for example could fight alongside their french brethren

Cosmic_Nate said:
Rigadoon said:
We're still trying to figure what penalties there should be. I think making it so that the player has to take it off after 20 seconds will be too annoying. My idea for penalties is this,

-Reduced visibility, because of the mask itself
-Weaker melee, because of less oxygen
-Less agility, because of less oxygen

That should be enough for the player to keep the mask off when it's not needed.

I think the gas mask, could be an item chosen in the inventory? like in native?
Also remember whats its like to use the telescope on NW well you could make it like that, so when you equip the gas mask you have next to no periphals, this would mean you couldnt melee spin as you would have no idea who is around you
Also its dirty and dark on the lenses so that would be reason enough not to wear it. So that way it wouldnt be like stabed in the heel to wear a gas mask but a matter of, clear vision or severly hampered vision

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f0/US_Navy_070122-N-0684R-021_A_view_from_inside_an_MCU-2P_gas_mask_shows_as_Damage_Controlman_2nd_Class_Josh_Maxwell_performs_proper_seal_checks_during_Chemical_Biological_Radiological_Warfare_gear_issue_aboard_the_Nimitz-class_a.jpg

I aslo have an idea on uniforms, Instead of having lets say britian with 5 inf regeiments and a frnace faction with 5 inf reg unifroms
why not just have allies vs Axis
Allies team could have a french infantry and cvalry reg, a british inf and cav, and a some others, whislt Axis could have germen and austrian units and hungarian units all in the same faction,

So people who love the british for example could fight alongside their french brethren

No, first of all, it would look like a huge mess of colors. Second, that would mean less troop variation for each faction.

Edit:And I really don't get why you would want gas masks to be something that you choose for your helmet. People who did not equip the gasmask would be completely helpless against gas. That's ridiculous. We can make it so that you can hit a key to put on the gas mask and that have it affect your vision and other stats, so why not?

In native and fire and sword you get people go without helmets just to see their chracters face and risk being one hitted for it. I've gone up to people on fire and sword wearing full plate but no helmet and just struck their face .

How would the gas mask be implemented? Would it be in the inventory or a button that puts it on like the blast sheild from cod

Cosmic_Nate said:
In native and fire and sword you get people go without helmets just to see their chracters face and risk being one hitted for it. I've gone up to people on fire and sword wearing full plate but no helmet and just struck their face .

How would the gas mask be implemented? Would it be in the inventory or a button that puts it on like the blast sheild from cod
I believe you press a button.

yeah in WW1 source you just pressed Z I think and your guess mask went on, bodygroups they're called.

soldiers didn't wear their gasmasks before a battle anyway, only when a gas attack happened, so making you put one on pre battle just feels useless and an annoyance.

Yeah, In the trenches there was bells and when you hear the bells you have just seconds to get on your gasmask

I have 2 question :

1.: Why  there are some German troops called storm troopers??

2.:Can you show us  in-game screenshots of French uniforms and/or Britain uniforms(if there are one)????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom