[NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ivan the Awesome said:
"In the later stages of the war, particularly after their success at Vimy Ridge and Passchendaele, the Canadian Corps was regarded by friend and foe alike as the most effective Allied military formation on the Western Front.[1] The Germans went so far as call them "storm troopers"[2] for their great combat efficiency."

Also Wikipedia  :cool:
May be a little biased.

I hate to keep banging the gong, but I couldn't resist.  :oops:

The Germans were nicknaming them after their own stormtroopers, not because they were actually stormtroopers.
 
Vasilio said:
Ivan the Awesome said:
"In the later stages of the war, particularly after their success at Vimy Ridge and Passchendaele, the Canadian Corps was regarded by friend and foe alike as the most effective Allied military formation on the Western Front.[1] The Germans went so far as call them "storm troopers"[2] for their great combat efficiency."

Also Wikipedia  :cool:
May be a little biased.

I hate to keep banging the gong, but I couldn't resist.  :oops:

The Germans were nicknaming them after their own stormtroopers, not because they were actually stormtroopers.

Alright that's enough of that.
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dcWir-S5vo

in the beginning of this vid you may notice the strap at the butt of Kipling's revolver. this is called a pistol lanyard, many British and french officers used this device in the calvery initially so that if they dropped their firearms it could be easily recovered. it was adopted by the infantry in the late 19th century for similar purposes. This would be a great detail to add to french and British uniforms of officers to elaborate character detail. 
 
wrath7 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dcWir-S5vo

in the beginning of this vid you may notice the strap at the butt of Kipling's revolver. this is called a pistol lanyard, many British and french officers used this device in the calvery initially so that if they dropped their firearms it could be easily recovered. it was adopted by the infantry in the late 19th century for similar purposes. This would be a great detail to add to french and British uniforms of officers to elaborate character detail.
I believe that is a Webley revolver. I would be surprised if the Webley were not in this mod.
 
well if they r doing only french and germans then we probably wont see a webley until the brit faction is added. i believe it was a brit gun primarily.
 
Ivan the Awesome said:
I feel compelled to respond and defend my honour, buuut you are probably trolling so... I dont know how to respond, and am writing this.
You could stop responding. That might help.  :roll:

It's also interesting how much detail was in Kipling's uniform. There were just so many different parts. Were average British soldier/officer uniforms that intricate?
 
Rigadoon said:
Yup. Might as well put it into an update.

Update #8

Alright, as Azrooh just said, he'll be working on this mod as a contributor. Now this is some really good news for us because Azrooh is a very skilled, very experienced coder. This opens up tons and tons of possibilities for us. He's going to help us with things like deployable machine guns, artillery, bayonets, medpacks, and poison gas. Some more info:

Machineguns : We'll have light machineguns that you fire on the move and heavy machineguns that you'll need to deploy like a rocket to use. They'll also overheat, forcing the player to fire in bursts.
Artillery and Gas : Artillery will be breechloaded, so no ramming. It'll also be able to fire percussive shell shot and canister will be replaced with poison gas.
Gas Masks : Gasmaks can be toggled with a key and will allow the player to pass through poison gas safely
Bayonets : Bayonets will work just like in Secession, you press a key to toggle it on and off. While the bayonet is on,  your rifle is a little bit less accurate but is a much deadlier weapon in melee
Medkits: Medkits will be very simple, just throwing weapons that can heal players.


We're also almost ready to release a mapping module for mappers that want to get started early. It'll have a bunch of WWI props that we've created.
Can't wait!
 
djogloc02 said:
A suggestion : When you think that the multiplayer version is mostly done, can you do a singleplayer version???

We don't know when MP will be finished. For your second question, imagine a retarded line battle with machine guns and accurate rifles.

Edit:Or hundreds of bots struggling to get out of trenches  :lol:
 
Rigadoon said:
djogloc02 said:
A suggestion : When you think that the multiplayer version is mostly done, can you do a singleplayer version???

We don't know when MP will be finished. For your second question, imagine a retarded line battle with machine guns and accurate rifles.

Hmm, can someone be good enough to do a code to make these NPCs don't stay at line and take fuc**** cover??? ( And crouch)
 
djogloc02 said:
Rigadoon said:
djogloc02 said:
A suggestion : When you think that the multiplayer version is mostly done, can you do a singleplayer version???

We don't know when MP will be finished. For your second question, imagine a retarded line battle with machine guns and accurate rifles.

Hmm, can someone be good enough to do a code to make these NPCs don't stay at line and take fuc**** cover??? ( And crouch)
Well, a good formation imo would be for the bots to be in a multi-rank line, but spread out significantly. Just imagine a triple-rank NW bot line, but with 3 times the amount of spacing, both in rank and in column.
 
McEwanMaster77 said:
djogloc02 said:
Rigadoon said:
djogloc02 said:
A suggestion : When you think that the multiplayer version is mostly done, can you do a singleplayer version???

We don't know when MP will be finished. For your second question, imagine a retarded line battle with machine guns and accurate rifles.

Hmm, can someone be good enough to do a code to make these NPCs don't stay at line and take fuc**** cover??? ( And crouch)
Well, a good formation imo would be for the bots to be in a multi-rank line, but spread out significantly. Just imagine a triple-rank NW bot line, but with 3 times the amount of spacing, both in rank and in column.

Hmm, good idea, but the battles shoud be more hard to end, more longer...
 
Rigadoon said:
Edit:Or hundreds of bots struggling to get out of trenches  :lol:
Proper Mesh AI editing allows them to climb ladders if it's done right. I would like to see commander battle mostly from this mod. Standard deathmatch would be call of duty in warband, which would be awkward.
 
Menelaos16 said:
Rigadoon said:
Edit:Or hundreds of bots struggling to get out of trenches  :lol:
Proper Mesh AI editing allows them to climb ladders if it's done right. I would like to see commander battle mostly from this mod. Standard deathmatch would be call of duty in warband, which would be awkward.

Yea, in Call Of Duty, everybody runs like Rambo and shooting, I want a game what everybody take cover  :grin:
 
djogloc02 said:
Menelaos16 said:
Rigadoon said:
Edit:Or hundreds of bots struggling to get out of trenches  :lol:
Proper Mesh AI editing allows them to climb ladders if it's done right. I would like to see commander battle mostly from this mod. Standard deathmatch would be call of duty in warband, which would be awkward.

Yea, in Call Of Duty, everybody runs like Rambo and shooting, I want a game what everybody take cover  :grin:
Unfortunately, the game engine and bot mechanics are quite limited, so at the most bots can crouch, in terms of taking cover. Is this what you meant by "the battles shoud be more hard to end, more longer..."?
 
McEwanMaster77 said:
djogloc02 said:
Menelaos16 said:
Rigadoon said:
Edit:Or hundreds of bots struggling to get out of trenches  :lol:
Proper Mesh AI editing allows them to climb ladders if it's done right. I would like to see commander battle mostly from this mod. Standard deathmatch would be call of duty in warband, which would be awkward.

Yea, in Call Of Duty, everybody runs like Rambo and shooting, I want a game what everybody take cover  :grin:
Unfortunately, the game engine and bot mechanics are quite limited, so at the most bots can crouch, in terms of taking cover. Is this what you meant by "the battles shoud be more hard to end, more longer..."?

Yea, but behind trees, using the trench...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom