[NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
jeljer007 said:
You could have a Canadian Corps soldier in the British army :roll: Just a suggestion if you dont want to dont. But im pretty sure they were pretty close at that time ( Britain and Canada)
Of course they were. Canada was a part of the British Empire at the time!
5arge said:
I don't think Canada should be in the game at all. This mod is called "Iron Europe" not "Iron North America".  :neutral:
Britain had a large amount of Canadian troops, again, British Empire.
 
BetaKnight said:
Swiss in NW? Where?
Napoleonic Wars is a DLC which released there codes for something no?
Plus id be banned already if it were that case (if NW was a MOD). But Ive seen mods letting people customize there mod to fit others. But it depends on the Developer
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,248075.0.html
 
Ivan the Awesome said:
Canadian troops refined and perfected the originally Russian shock troop strategies, and were famous and highly prized in that role. In fact, on one occasion the British military sent Canadian patches to their own troops. This caused the Germans, fearing a Canadian attack at that point, to divert forces from the actual location of the assault.

The first time mustard gas was used, the entire allied line was killed except for a section of Canadians who peed into handkerchiefs and breathed through them. They held the line against the ensuing assault.

At Vimy ridge, Canadians used the creeping barrage, a revolutionary tactic, and took a point the British and French had failed to take and hold.

I am pretty sure they are worth including.  :smile:

Canadian **** stroke besides yes in the future it would be nice to see some modders rake a look at them however:

Bulgarian artillery crews invented the creeping barrage. Germans perfected the Shock Troop.

I just don't think there is any noticeable difference in outfits or roles.

 
I presume our Moddb page could use some GFX too.

Can someone remind me of the sizes needed for the headers etc. I cant remember myself ^^
 
Vasilio: First of all, learn proper grammar. I realize mine has not been perfect up to this point, but I was sneaking in posts between homework. At least I am readable. If you are not a native speaker, sorry, disregard, you are doing pretty good.

Secondly, no need to be a jerk.

Third, the Russians developed the shock troop doctrine in their final offensive before pulling out--who perfected it is debatable. I suggest reading about the Arditis, extremely bad-ass Italian shock troops.

Fourth, I don't think I said we developed creeping barrage, if I did it was a slip up on my part. However, I am pretty sure Vimy was the first successful and effective use.

Fifth, and lastly, the Germans themselves dubbed the Canadian Expeditionary Force: "Storm Troopers", because of their shock trooping. So there.

Sarge: Do you know anything at all about WWI?

If you are doing troop trees, I would suggest making the British shock troops Canadians or something like that.
 
Ivan the Awesome said:
Vasilio: First of all, learn proper grammar. I realize mine has not been perfect up to this point, but I was sneaking in posts between homework. At least I am readable. If you are not a native speaker, sorry, disregard, you are doing pretty good.

Secondly, no need to be a jerk.

Third, the Russians developed the shock troop doctrine in their final offensive before pulling out--who perfected it is debatable. I suggest reading about the Arditis, extremely bad-ass Italian shock troops.

Fourth, I don't think I said we developed creeping barrage, if I did it was a slip up on my part. However, I am pretty sure Vimy was the first successful and effective use.

Fifth, and lastly, the Germans themselves dubbed the Canadian Expeditionary Force: "Storm Troopers", because of their shock trooping. So there.

Sarge: Do you know anything at all about WWI?

If you are doing troop trees, I would suggest making the British shock troops Canadians or something like that.
Ivan the Awesome said:
Secondly, no need to be a jerk.
Eat your words friend.

Moving on. I don't see the problem with having a Canadian unit if they look like any other British unit, if they played a substantial part in the war. If the devs don't want to, that's their choice, and someone could always make a custom skin to supplement, if they really want to.
 
Ivan the Awesome said:
Sarge: Do you know anything at all about WWI?
Yes, it was fought in Europe. But Canadians come from Canada, which is in North America, far from Europe. How would all these Canadians end up in Europe?  :neutral:
 
5arge said:
Ivan the Awesome said:
Sarge: Do you know anything at all about WWI?
Yes, it was fought in Europe. But Canadians come from Canada, which is in North America, far from Europe. How would all these Canadians end up in Europe?  :neutral:

By Boat just like The Australians!
 
Nobody ever argues about which French or German regiments should be in  :lol: Either way, I don't understand why it's unacceptable to just choose different units based on different uniforms, rather than numbers or places of origin. Canadian/British troops will be near indistinguishable. Think of how many regiments (nearly all) play with skins that are similar to, but not the exact same as, their namesakes.
 
5arge said:
Ivan the Awesome said:
Sarge: Do you know anything at all about WWI?
Yes, it was fought in Europe. But Canadians come from Canada, which is in North America, far from Europe. How would all these Canadians end up in Europe?  :neutral:

It wasn't just fought in Europe. otherwise, why is it called World War?
 
You are right, I probably should apologize.

Though in my defense, the "so there" bit was intended as a joke. I probably should have used an emoticon or something.

So, in sum, sorry, I got mad and reacted poorly. My bad.

But sarge, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, India, South Africa (I think), and the USA all fought in Europe during WW1--No one wanted to see all of Europe under the control of the Germans, and Britain had a fairly extensive empire/commonwealth/whatever-the-heck-it-was.
 
Ivan the Awesome said:
But sarge, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, India, South Africa (I think), and the USA all fought in Europe during WW1--No one wanted to see all of Europe under the control of the Germans, and Britain had a fairly extensive empire/commonwealth/whatever-the-heck-it-was.
That must have taken many boats.  :neutral:
 
Hm. I wanted to be German. But whilst I played Hearts of Iron today, and I counqered Austrialia and China as New Zealand... I may reconsider xD
 
5arge said:
Ivan the Awesome said:
But sarge, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, India, South Africa (I think), and the USA all fought in Europe during WW1--No one wanted to see all of Europe under the control of the Germans, and Britain had a fairly extensive empire/commonwealth/whatever-the-heck-it-was.
That must have taken many boats.  :neutral:

7978545140_615f7b9c7b_b.jpg
 
Azrooh said:
5arge said:
Ivan the Awesome said:
But sarge, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, India, South Africa (I think), and the USA all fought in Europe during WW1--No one wanted to see all of Europe under the control of the Germans, and Britain had a fairly extensive empire/commonwealth/whatever-the-heck-it-was.
That must have taken many boats.  :neutral:

7978545140_615f7b9c7b_b.jpg
Thank you Az... you ruined my trolling fun...  :evil:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom