[NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Der Einzige said:
TheBoberton said:
Der Einzige said:
What's with everyone's masturbatory obsession with "Highlanders"?

Because they're part of an interesting culture that has fought for and against empires for centuries, spread its influence throughout the world, and have, in my opinion, some of the best damn music in the world?

Almost every group of people have "fought for and against empires for centuries" the Scots are in no way special. I'm sure if the Welsh and Irish soldiers wore kilts you would all circle jerk over them too. Also, "spread its influence around the word"? No, not really. Who have they "influenced" aside from some kids playing a game?
Does it really matter this much? Enough to start an argument? I don't think anyone appreciates an argument on a friendly thread, least of all Rigadoon, as this is his thread.

TheBoberton said:
Der Einzige said:
Almost every group of people have "fought for and against empires for centuries" the Scots are in no way special. I'm sure if the Welsh and Irish soldiers wore kilts you would all circle jerk over them too. Also, "spread its influence around the word"? No, not really. Who have they "influenced" aside from some kids playing a game?

[me=TheBoberton]wonders if you realize that you're arguing with someone who finds the Irish and Welsh cultures interesting as well.[/me]

And the Scottish influenced the development of the United States, along with the Irish. (Both groups, and the Scots-Irish, made up a large portion of immigrants to the states like Georgia in the US during the 1700 and 1800s.) They also influenced the development of bagpipe music around the world. (Not many have heard of the Irish pipes, nor those used by other cultures, just the Great Highland Bagpipes.) I'm sure if you look around, you'll find many things that the Scottish have done, beyond what I've pointed out here.

Anyways, let's not continue this useless argument.

And what do immigrants have to do with "Highlanders" as regiments? And how did they contributes to the development of the United States exactly? Certain individuals perhaps but not the culture itself. Not to mention there are plenty of cultures around the world that have contributed much much more to the world than the Scottish. I'm sure if I look around I wont see anything that has to do with the Scottish unless it has to do with bagpipes or kilts and even then that is only on special holidays and occasions.

Der Einzige said:
McEwanMaster77 said:
Der Einzige said:
TheBoberton said:
Der Einzige said:
What's with everyone's masturbatory obsession with "Highlanders"?

Because they're part of an interesting culture that has fought for and against empires for centuries, spread its influence throughout the world, and have, in my opinion, some of the best damn music in the world?

Does it really matter this much? Enough to start an argument? I don't think anyone appreciates an argument on a friendly thread, least of all Rigadoon, as this is his thread.
Nothing matters "this much." I'm merely looking for an explanation for this Highlander bandwagon.

Der Einzige said:
And what do immigrants have to do with "Highlanders" as regiments? And how did they contributes to the development of the United States exactly? Certain individuals perhaps but not the culture itself. Not to mention there are plenty of cultures around the world that have contributed much much more to the world than the Scottish. I'm sure if I look around I wont see anything that has to do with the Scottish unless it has to do with bagpipes or kilts and even then that is only on special holidays and occasions.

Watched your colour television lately?

Anyways, I speak only for myself, and my 'obsession' not only with the highlands, but with the culture of Scotland itself, which would naturally extend to regiments raised in the country.

And certainly, there are cultures that have contributed more to the world, but if we only paid attention to the ones that did the most, then we would all speak Latin, and have our capital in Rome.

Once again, I am done with this argument.

McEwanMaster77 said:

^^

Mack. said:
ieuk.png
That signature is absolutely incredible. Thanks!

I want to apologize to you, Rigadoon, and the entire Iron Europe team, for allowing myself to get caught up in a stupid argument.

TARDIS said:
Rats were pretty common in the trenches...

Aye, that they were, and they made a nice meal for a hungry soldier, assuming they were cooked properly. (In case anyone didn't get what you meant there :lol:)

McEwanMaster77 said:
Did the soldiers in WWI have eggs a lot? Or, what did they eat?

The Germans ate erzats(dunno the spelling) eggs, which were made of other foods.

for the banners, maybe it will make more sense if you have regiment numbers?

I love the idea of a ww1 mod, but I still think that without tanks and aircraft a ww1 mod can never feel correct.

I'd still play it though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom