[NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update #7
Thanks to all those that voted in the poll and posted opinions in the thread. We have a pretty good idea on what we're going to do about females now. Now to the models.  :wink:

We have tons of trench melee weapons now. You'll have a wide variety of weapons to bash your enemies with!
Hampus Norlander
trenchclubs2_zpsab9c1cd9.png
Rigadoon
trenchclubs_zps78063e7a.png

Also, we have a bunch of banners made by Hampus Norlander.
wrtemburg_zps3dd77649.png

saxony_zps090d0323.png

prussia_zps48cbe766.png

oldenburg_zps8eabd809.png

mecklenburg_zpsaf0dc420.png

germany4_zpsf927f920.png

germany3_zpscfaf3cd0.png

germany2_zps234ffb05.png

germany1_zpsf8e35e0b.png

french6_zps12203851.png

french5_zps0422ff46.png

french4_zps524dc338.png

french3_zpsf82f77ec.png

french2_zps89d48102.png

french1_zpsfb9fb37e.png

bavaria_zps2a09f9c1.png

alsaac_zps48ff5a19.png

I could be sarcastic and say something about Montenegro like those two, but I won't.  :wink:

Instead, awesome weapons and banners guys! This looks like it's shaping up to be a great mod!

i would love to hear the dev's opinion on how game play will shape itself, how will infantry tactics be employed in both a playable manner as well as a historically suiting one? Will their be long rounds of the two sides staring at each other across no mans land from their respective trenches and then a 2-5 min charge sequence, or perhaps another system of battle will be employed to counter the potential game breaking boredom some might find in a 20 minute stalemate every round. 

btw nice a quick updates are very appreciated, thank you for this mod  :grin:

AWESOME!
Cool would also be an weapontype change (pressing X ) for stick grenades: one for let em explode and one for melee combat, cause stick grenades were often used for punching the enemys face  :wink:

Rigadoon said:
Update #7
Thanks to all those that voted in the poll and posted opinions in the thread. We have a pretty good idea on what we're going to do about females now. Now to the models.  :wink:

We have tons of trench melee weapons now. You'll have a wide variety of weapons to bash your enemies with!
Hampus Norlander
trenchclubs2_zpsab9c1cd9.png
Rigadoon
trenchclubs_zps78063e7a.png

Also, we have a bunch of banners made by Hampus Norlander.
wrtemburg_zps3dd77649.png

saxony_zps090d0323.png

prussia_zps48cbe766.png

oldenburg_zps8eabd809.png

mecklenburg_zpsaf0dc420.png

germany4_zpsf927f920.png

germany3_zpscfaf3cd0.png

germany2_zps234ffb05.png

germany1_zpsf8e35e0b.png

french6_zps12203851.png

french5_zps0422ff46.png

french4_zps524dc338.png

french3_zpsf82f77ec.png

french2_zps89d48102.png

french1_zpsfb9fb37e.png

bavaria_zps2a09f9c1.png

alsaac_zps48ff5a19.png

Wow, wow! Good job!

But why no Montenegro?  :lol:  :lol:

wrath7 said:
i would love to hear the dev's opinion on how game play will shape itself, how will infantry tactics be employed in both a playable manner as well as a historically suiting one? Will their be long rounds of the two sides staring at each other across no mans land from their respective trenches and then a 2-5 min charge sequence, or perhaps another system of battle will be employed to counter the potential game breaking boredom some might find in a 20 minute stalemate every round. 

If you are the commander its your job to fix the stalemate. You need to find it out and go through the same harshness as they did.

Pubber games are probably going to never developed a stalemate because who sits in a trench anyways?

gaham1 said:
wrath7 said:

If you are the commander its your job to fix the stalemate. You need to find it out and go through the same harshness as they did.

Pubber games are probably going to never developed a stalemate because who sits in a trench anyways?

I've always the mod being played in conquest mode. Meaning players will respawn. Teams will have to organize charges, defense, and counter charges. Pushing back and forth until one team takes the front line of their opponent. After that they'll need to take the next line of defense while the other team tries to hold their ground and take back lost land. Teams will have specialized units(assault, machine gunners, snipers) for their offensive and defensive purposes. It may be a lot faster paced than real WWI battles but it'll be a ton of fun.

5arge said:
Looking good Rig! I can't wait to bash your head in with one of your cool truncheon models!  :twisted:
D:

Silly people getting shocked that cavalry was in use during world war I...

Cavalry was used during world war I, but as the leaders noticed how innefective they were against trenches and such in the western front they started getting replaced by tanks and such.

ANYWAY, I really love World War I so im obviusly excited for this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom