NW DLC? (or Mount and musket 2) [i understand the game is still early development]

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes, I know the game just came out and people are raving, myself included. Does anyone know if there will be a Napoleonic Wars DLC soon or even at all? Or even new mods such as mount and musket (was made for Warband before NW came out). Any information is welcome I am just curious and am extremely excited for the game. Thank you all!

Pretty sure that there will be something akin to Napoleonic Wars. It was too popular in Warband to not have some kind of sequel. You can even look at Bear Force II. With the combat systems pace in Bannerlord. It would surprise me if someone didn't do it. We just need to see what kind of modding tools come out and what is available. :smile:

Pretty sure that there will be something akin to Napoleonic Wars. It was too popular in Warband to not have some kind of sequel. You can even look at Bear Force II. With the combat systems pace in Bannerlord. It would surprise me if someone didn't do it. We just need to see what kind of modding tools come out and what is available. :smile:
What is Bear Force II?

Yes, I know the game just came out and people are raving, myself included. Does anyone know if there will be a Napoleonic Wars DLC soon or even at all? Or even new mods such as mount and musket (was made for Warband before NW came out). Any information is welcome I am just curious and am extremely excited for the game. Thank you all!
Also from what I heard from the devs, they don't plan on making a NW DLC since the orginal NW dlc was not made by taleworlds

Also from what I heard from the devs, they don't plan on making a NW DLC since the orginal NW dlc was not made by taleworlds

If that's true it's actually a good thing, let it be a mod, updated every month with new content and proper bug fixing and not hidden behind a 8€ paywall and no updates for 3 years straight.

The original NW was a mod called Mount & Musket for Warband. It would be a cold day in hell before another Napoleonic War themed mod wasn't made.

The group that originally made Mount and musket are now the devs of the civil war era game "War of Rights"- i think we will have to wait for the official DLC unless someone else makes it.

The group that originally made Mount and musket are now the devs of the civil war era game "War of Rights"- i think we will have to wait for the official DLC unless someone else makes it.

War of Rights is being made by Campfire Games. It was launched on the back of a supremely successful crowd-funding campaign of £800,000, and has afforded the developer team several years worth of quiet and steady progression towards their target.

The Mount and Musket developers moved on to their own American Civil War game named 'Battle Cry of Freedom'. It raised a meagre £15,000 in donations, and has been stuck in development of one form or another since 2012. One has been successful in raising the funds and achieving some tangible goal; the other has been a complete waste of time.

It seems like there are other games and devs that have that niche down well (e.g., NW or Civil War era musket simulators), like the War of Rights peeps.

I don't really think it's something TW should aim to expand on (there's so many eras of melee combat they could cover that would be a thousand times more applicable and interesting).

I think it is important for them to release something like NW. I know people are talking about how there is War of Rights but that's gonna be for the reenactors. Melee combat is what made NW what it was. Just think about how bad Holdfast is because of the melee combat in that stupid game.

We are entirely focused on finishing the game first before we start to explore potential DLCs. Of course, we do have some rough ideas of what we would like to do much later down the line, but right now they are directly related to Bannerlord's setting.

We are entirely focused on finishing the game first before we start to explore potential DLCs. Of course, we do have some rough ideas of what we would like to do much later down the line, but right now they are directly related to Bannerlord's setting.
This give me a CK2 vibe where you need to pay 200 euros to have the full game

Idm if they release nw wfas dlc, as long as they finish bannerlord fully. That means all implemented gamemodes, balance, fixed combat issues, ranked mode etc.
Yeah I also prefer that as nw and wfas would be total conversion mods, but I don't like incremental DLCs which add mechanics on top of games and lock out the players that don't own the dlc from said mechanics, like Paradox Interactive does. If it's just content I'm fine since you don't feel like you're not getting all of the games mechanics.

Yeah I also prefer that as nw and wfas would be total conversion mods, but I don't like incremental DLCs which add mechanics on top of games and lock out the players that don't own the dlc from said mechanics, like Paradox Interactive does. If it's just content I'm fine since you don't feel like you're not getting all of the games mechanics.

I don't believe thats what Callum said, the focus is on finishing bannerlord. If it is an entirely new setting I think its fair to pay for it like an expansion. I would say taleworlds has been incredibly fair with their DLC's in the past, I wouldn't expect that to change. Don't get it twisted, Bannerlord is a whole lot of game in early access. The company have also said that modders will get tools to mod just like in warband, when the mods get released that really is potentially hundreds of hours per mod.

I have full faith in the team at Taleworlds, the response to community complaints has been incredible, the number of updates in the past week is almost unheard of in any game, there have been daily changes that the community complained about and Taleworlds answered.

Big props to the the entire team for pushing updates so well and communicating clearly ?

If we are so vocal to gaming companies about the practices we hate, we should be just as vocal when they are truly working hard to achieve the end goal.

Wish you all the best in your man hunting endeavours,
RobTyr.

I'm really excited for what you can do with DLCs, now that we can load multiple modules simultaneously. New faction invasions, maybe some new islands and a boat system?

Back
Top Bottom