B Musket Era [NW] Crimean War mod. (Need help with scripts)

Users who are viewing this thread

I already mentioned it, but didn't ask directly - is it possible, to add extra unit type (or types) in Commander battle mode? As example - I want to add musicians (one or two per regiment) and make them play signals when player gives orders, and also I want make russian United Uhlans Regiment, but if simply give these units two kinds of uniforms - there will be random and units of one regiment will have lances and horses of another.

So - is it possible to add extra unit types to regiment of Commander battle mode? And if it is possible - can someone help me with this script? I'll be very thankfull nd I'll add him to list of developers of this mod:smile:

Honestly the amount of stuff you want for the commander battle game mode might need so much heavy scripting it'd take you less time to make everything else with the module.

Plus, I'm not sure if some of the stuff with it is possible.

Gestricius said:
Will there be any sailors?
Yes, and I think there will be also maps Allied ships vs. Russian batteries. And there will be Russian sailors as gunners on bastions.

SeanBeansShako said:
Honestly the amount of stuff you want for the commander battle game mode might need so much heavy scripting it'd take you less time to make everything else with the module.

Plus, I'm not sure if some of the stuff with it is possible.
If I'll make my own mod which will be not compatible with NW - there will be only few players who will play it, and Commander battle mode is probably the best mode for just few players, that's why I think a lot about this mode. And because only few players will play original mod, so I'll make also reskin for NW as second mod, to play with more than 1-2 players:smile:
These are just ieas and it will just be nice to some of them come true and if not - nothing wrong, but it will be better and more interesting with some of these ideas.

For all, who is interested in Crimean War - founded amazing collection of books about this war - https://archive.org/details/americana?and[]=subject%3A%22Crimean%20War%22&sort=-date  (copy&paste link)

I try to solve some problems with Warband, such as using clothes of different regiments or even factions at same time. I think I found script of adding to market sets of items here and I hope I understand it right and it adds to game possibility of buying full complect of items, so with help of this script I hope to avoid situations, when player or his NPC's will wear as example russian hat, british coat and french boots. Uniforms I can make not lootable, but there is still problem with buying clothes of other faction on markets.
So does anybody know, is there a script (or mini-mod or something), which forbids using of enemy's clothes and/or disables appearing of them in armor markets of towns?

Ivkolya said:
If I'll make my own mod which will be not compatible with NW - there will be only few players who will play it, and Commander battle mode is probably the best mode for just few players, that's why I think a lot about this mode. And because only few players will play original mod, so I'll make also reskin for NW as second mod, to play with more than 1-2 players:smile:
These are just ieas and it will just be nice to some of them come true and if not - nothing wrong, but it will be better and more interesting with some of these ideas.

Historically, due to the introduction of much more accurate firearms, line fighting tactics quickly became outdated and suicidal. As would be discovered in the Crimean War, and later the American Civil War, these new weapons brought about a necessity for siege warfare (Sebastopol, for example). If you have ever played the North and South mod, you will know that commander battles result in rapid casualty rates compared to NW, due to the difference in accuracy. I would suggest focusing on creating siege maps if you do decide to focus primarily on commander battles.

Mr.Nock said:
Historically, due to the introduction of much more accurate firearms, line fighting tactics quickly became outdated and suicidal. As would be discovered in the Crimean War, and later the American Civil War, these new weapons brought about a necessity for siege warfare (Sebastopol, for example). If you have ever played the North and South mod, you will know that commander battles result in rapid casualty rates compared to NW, due to the difference in accuracy. I would suggest focusing on creating siege maps if you do decide to focus primarily on commander battles.

Thanks for answer. Yes, sure I understand it, but I think I will leave accuracy of NW's muskets and rifles, 'cause weapons in Napoleonic wars and Crimean war were not so different, so Commander battles will be pretty the same as they are in NW:smile:
And of course I will make a lot of siege maps (because of siege mode and maps I choosed Crimean war), but I repeat - not so many people usually play multiplayer mods, so Commander Battle or Siege with bots will be most playable modes. I like the sieges in NW, but I have ideas to improve commander battle mode)) Maybe later I'll think about features for sieges, but now I like them how they are.

What part of the war are you recreating in this mod? As far as I am aware, the Russians used smoothbore rifles throughout the war, and the British introduced the Pattern 1853 Enfield Rifle during the war. I'm curious as to how the factions will be armed.

Mr.Nock said:
What part of the war are you recreating in this mod? As far as I am aware, the Russians used smoothbore rifles throughout the war, and the British introduced the Pattern 1853 Enfield Rifle during the war. I'm curious as to how the factions will be armed.
Crimean events, from landing of Allies in Eupatoria to fall of Sebastopol (Maybe I'll make maps of other events, but Crimean part of war and Siege of Sebastopol are main to me) In fact, only British and Sardinians had rifles for almoust all soldiers, but British army was not even a third of Allied army (and Sardinians almoust didn't took part in battles, so we can forget them). French and Turkish troops had in main smoothbore muskets, like Russians did: Russians had also many rifles (compatible with French army), they had special units with rifles only (mostly British and Brunswick rifles), and also many rifles, remaked from old muskets. So thesis about better weapons of Allies is true only for British army, that was rich and progressive at that time, but British weren't main troops in Crimea, main fightings were between Russians and French, so thesis about better weapons was rather an exuse of Russian Empire for defeat in war.

Coldstream Guardsman at Inkerman

dMTVOSSN7Lk.jpg

eZZpDRjTblk.jpg

oJqh43uvWI8.jpg

qFS6JiiUUp8.jpg

I want make for singleplayer mod such sets of full uniform, with hat and pants included (with names like uniform, uniform.1, uniform.2 etc), so player can use only proper suits (and maybe for re-skin of NW mod also, just make textures of models of hats and pants invisible).
Does anybody know, will it be bad for performance or computer will feel no difference?
And I repeat previous question: maybe someone knows, is there a script (or mini-mod or something), which forbids using of enemy's clothes and/or disables appearing of them at armor merchants of towns?

Grenadier Guards, Coldstream Guards and Scots Fusilier Guards at the Alma river

hmgaE9NRVvA.jpg

oAPMVcqnpvw.jpg

-pxcBDFpzPE.jpg

f65SbBcM2m8.jpg

PsCpsLz3jbU.jpg

51YlU_Kgv2E.jpg

k2OtIFjXEzA.jpg

IHDIanmMvR0.jpg

nkK-mAHEfiA.jpg

PM2Tlu24f7g.jpg

I made all three Guards regiments for comparison and to see differences in uniform (which are pretty small actually). I haven't decide yet, which Guards regiment leave for multiplayer (I think there will be all three for singleplayer) and in which uniform (summer, winter or both), so I'm open for suggestions:smile:

42nd (Royal Highland) Regiment of Foot (Black Watch)

8JHH_vGxwNk.jpg

O8flm0SAnvU.jpg

93rd (Sutherland Highlanders) Regiment of Foot (The Thin Red Line)

KwnNkiODdvE.jpg

kpkzyHqP0ko.jpg

17th Lancers (Duke of Cambridge's Own)

P6QfVdwy9Nc.jpg

xS5YjVb2EWk.jpg

Back
Top Bottom