B Musket Era [NW] Crimean War mod. (Need help with scripts)

Users who are viewing this thread

Made some work with russian Mod. 1844 Helmet (i wish rigging was that simple LOL)
bYWo3Ld2iyw.jpg

siZo7orIw1A.jpg

F-WRO_D1t9E.jpg

frrMeDntKFY.jpg

KUtAxjnDQEU.jpg

1NxrSXc1u_Q.jpg

Tgdsr5ahgFU.jpg
Will work with texture later, there are some moments I don't like now.

I'm searching for sripters, who can help me with this mod
I have a lot of ideas for mod, but without good scripter I doubt I can realize it.
Some ideas for realisation:
for Commander battle mode:
- add bot-musician to squad, and make him play signals when player gives orders
- make bots able to execute such commands as "to the right", "to the left", "turn around"
- make bot-controlled cannons and add to artillery squad artillery crew with 3 bots per cannon, so player only commands where they must shoot
- add artillery train with 6 horses and 3 bots on them
- add stamina (and also add ability to take off bags for more speed and stamina but less defense)

for Siege and other modes
- add female healers - Dasha Sevastopolskaya for Russians and Florence Nightingale for Allies, maybe make field hospitals, maybe add stretchers to carry wounded and to increase limit of defenders
- "mine warfare" - allied sappers can dig tonnels and try to blow up bastions, and russian sappers can dig counter-tonnels to blow up allied tonnels. Craters from explosions infantry can use as shelter
- make ability to move cannons on foot, not only with artillery train
- maybe  make for rifles fixable bayonets
- powder magazines, from where can fill ammo for muskets and cannons, but they can explode if it will be hitted by bomb
- add ability to creep (it it will be imbalance, so add it only for foot cossacks and zouaves)

And a lot of smaller changes I don't remember now all of them.

Some of these features are already in other mods, some I can try to make on my own, but most of them need help of good scripter.
So, I really hope someone will help me with these scripts, 'cause without new features it will be another NW, just with new costumes, and I don't really like it.
Also I will appreciate any other help, there is a lot of work and will be enough for everyone :smile:

A lot of the stuff especially for the commander battle mode is quite amibtious now, you might have to think over some of the stuff you want and focus on what can be done.

Commander battle itself is rarely played except on one or two servers for NW. It might benefit your time focusing on the battle or conquest side of things perhaps?

Commander battle is just my favorite mode :smile:
I never played Conquest mode, is it popular?
It's not a big deal if none of these ideas will be realized, it still will be interesting as NW is without these features. But if something of it can be done - it will be great!

Started making 17th Lancers for some rest of changing small details of russian uniform

-CF4-rMgApU.jpg

1hu7I6oERvA.jpg

Gm3CL4PjPis.jpg

hsxhx6hBcGk.jpg

Ly95Dv_1N1E.jpg

nL9kFRp3O2g.jpg

Ibw6zFygMmc.jpg

G3E5Wgy9IFM.jpg

Lbvq3Ug_4A0.jpg

KVoYibLgz6A.jpg

54Vxl2XtvMY.jpg

On other side of Valley of Death - Kiev Hussards mount their horses

MIl305ecn6A.jpg

ajEcPs0wyIY.jpg

qDOlAK8541Y.jpg

hJFFu4kmPNA.jpg

I tried to avoid such issues with rigging, but always there is the same problem with run animation, when you can see pants through coat. Is it that bad or I can leave it so and move on (in NW there are a lot of such issues, but they are not so visible in game)?
Or if I finally decide to avoid it - which way is better: add more vertices or change animation?

ftQ50GLRUsg.jpg

well i disagree with docm
it is posibile to do so no cliping would come with this animation
all you have to do is do few things
1) make low poly with have geomerically similar vertex on legs and on skirt
2) give those vertex similar or exactly the same weight
3) if you have vertex on skirt with have no vertex on leg (calculate mathematically what wiehts it has to have)
(an easy  example
vertex number 2 is between vertex nr.1 and vertex nr.3
then what you have to do is count aproximate leghts of where this helmet is between those 2 is it in the meddile between other 2 vertex or is it somewhere close to one or another vertex
so let us say for easy calculation it is in the middle cause divide from 2 probably is the easyest we can get here :grin:
so now let us say vertex.nr1 have weights in weight table Abadonment = 0.3 leg1=0.2 and spine = 0.5
vertex.nr3 have weights spine = 1
so vertex.nr2 should have weights Abadonment = 0.3/2 Leg1=0.2/2 and spine = (0.5+1)/2)
Edit
4)forgot to add that triangulation has big matter for rigging to

Thank you for answers!
But I feel agree with Docm - I already have done all steps that rgcotl wrote, so all similar vertices have similar weight, but still  there is that problem with middle vertical edges of coat . But maybe I'm just not so gut at rigging :grin:, because in theory it must work, I'll check one more time all vertices, but in NW worked a lot better modders and they also had such issues ith much thiner pants
V95PDO01rfk.jpg
I think the only way to avoid such problem is making another model with splitted skirts.

As that image illustrates no amount of additional geometry or fiddling with the weights will fix it. The middle row of vertices is always going to get pulled between the legs and have a hard angle that clips with the legs.

Try to check raw skirts almost all of theme have good rigging
Middle line isnt the biggest problem for this animation
But 2 lines who is near the middle line should have right distances

hello. i am very excited about this mod, so i made a signature. i regret that i could not do link to this thread, but i'm not an expert. i hope you like it.

PC60FO6.jpg

EspanolGeneral said:
hello. i am very excited about this mod, so i made a signature. i regret that i could not do link to this thread, but i'm not an expert. i hope you like it.

PC60FO6.jpg

You've inspired me to dig out the ones I made for the last Crimean war mod.

russig1.png
frenchsig1.png
britsig3.png

crisig.png
britsig2.png
britsig1.png

Oh and I also did lots of uniform research for the old mod, I'll give links to the posts.
http://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=3193.msg101792#msg101792
Dozens of contemporary and more recent uniform images, British and Russian.

I wrote a big chunk about Russian uniforms and regiment distinctions here.
http://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=3193.msg105682#msg105682

A helluva lot more images here, all quite modern.
http://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=3193.msg106244#msg106244

Anyway that thread is a goldmine for uniform information of the period. My first link is largely osprey,the old images (plates I suppose) though should be taken with a pinch of salt, they generally if I remember correctly, depict parade ground soldiers. Hence why the Household cavalry are wearing a cuirass in the images. The scanned images of the final link are all from this book. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Illustrated-Encyclopaedia-Military-Uniforms-Century/dp/0754819019/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1431941068&sr=8-1&keywords=uniforms+of+the+19th+century

It is largely accurate I believe but I'm sure Docm could confirm the validity of that series of books.

Anyway, I hope that helps and I wish you the best of luck. And a better fate than Audiates attempt.

P.S.

Who do we think will win this fight? My money is on the British Hussar, no way the Russian will swing his sword down in time.
britsig2.png

Gyus, thank you for images for signatures:smile: No offense, but I don't really understand why many people pay so big attention to signature pictures and someone even starts work not with signature, not with models or textures for mod (and some people stop exactly after making signature:smile:) I think signature is for delivering information about your mod, and you must make it after you have something to show in mod, right now I don't have much new to show, so thank you again for your signatures, I'll use them in future after I make more models and textures:smile:)
James Grant, thank you for images of uniform, about russian uniforms I know for long time being a reenactor of that period and there are a lot of russian sources (such as description of uniform of Viskovatov), but pictures with allied uniforms will be very usefull.

P.S. Russian uniforms are almoust done, now I'm working on small changes in models and textures, I hope soon I'll be able to show results:smile:

P.P.S.
Who do we think will win this fight? My money is on the British Hussar, no way the Russian will swing his sword down in time.
- I cannot tell, if British Hussar only begins his movement of raising his hand up and Russian (I don't know who i it, his uniform is incorrect) already puts his hand down - so Russian wins, and British Hussar is not a ranker, he is trumpeter, so his skill in one-handed weapons is lower, and we all know how ended Charge of Light Brigade - so it is possibly that Russan can win this fight, but so can British too:smile:)

Ivkolya said:
P.P.S.
- I cannot tell, if British Hussar only begins his movement of raising his hand up and Russian (I don't know who i it, his uniform is incorrect) already puts his hand down - so Russian wins, and British Hussar is not a ranker, he is trumpeter, so his skill in one-handed weapons is lower, and we all know how ended Charge of Light Brigade - so it is possibly that Russan can win this fight, but so can British too:smile:)

Yes but swinging a sword over a head is much harder than it is around your body surely.

And the charge of the light brigade might have seen terrible losses for the British but it was indeed a successful charge, sort of. The brigade charged much larger numbers of Russians and did indeed force them from their position. Had the Heavy Brigade been committed it might have been much more successful,or perhaps an even greater loss. Hard to say.

James Grant said:
And the charge of the light brigade might have seen terrible losses for the British but it was indeed a successful charge, sort of. The brigade charged much larger numbers of Russians and did indeed force them from their position. Had the Heavy Brigade been committed it might have been much more successful,or perhaps an even greater loss. Hard to say.
Agree, but russian Don cossacks an uhlans pushed them back, and in this picture Russian possibly is a cossack (of unknown regiment :grin:), because hussards weared chakos, uhlans weared their chapkas, and cossacks weared hats, but often cossacks are portrayed in fourage hats with visors, so possibly it is a moment when Charge was stopped. But it can be moment of start of fight, when Light Brigade pushed back 1st Uhral Cossack regiment.

I've read memoires of officer of Kievskiy hussards regiment, he describes how they fought against dragoons of Heavy Brigade, then they pulled in and waited for end of battle behind the lines in battle formation (although after end of fight they must form marching column), so when Light Brigade appeared - they did not have time and space to turn their front for British cavalry.

So success of Charge of Light Brigade was because noone waited for that attack in that direction, even British commanders :grin:
And results of that attack are not so big, but British cavalry had many casualties, so I agree with French general Bosquet "C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre"

Back
Top Bottom