B Musket Era [NW] Crimean War mod. (Need help with scripts)

Users who are viewing this thread

41st (Welch) Regiment of Foot at Inkerman

3PpSVPdcfqM.jpg

r8dOjBtKnog.jpg

8LQZH2x1vqA.jpg

plbPuB6GmYc.jpg

49-th (the Princess Charlotte of Wales or the Hartfordshire) Regiment of Foot at Inkerman

uKujqxq5VTU.jpg

FAasKbseA-o.jpg

s9DbXlyK7HA.jpg

YYao60_HnYQ.jpg

68th (Durham) Regiment of Foot at Inkerman

qsJYSPbqLRk.jpg

Kn0NTHNadhA.jpg

Thanks for nice answers, it means a lot for good mood for modding:smile:

And yes,I made most of British infantry units, I try to show different kinds of uniforms, British army had plenty of them:smile:

5th (Princess Charlotte of Wales's) Dragoon Guards (Balaclava uniform)

PgB6OdIuJQs.jpg

XpqqTWT-Wo4.jpg

R2ewsbIHfOY.jpg

mb_EcsKvWBM.jpg

I'll be without Internet next few days, so I decided to post this unfinished uniform now:smile:

P.S. Will appreciate any information about other ranks collar badges of 5th DG before 1855, I have unclear pictures only

2nd (Royal North British) Regiment of Dragoons (The Royal Scots Grey)

DKlaPYjNzc4.jpg

pZcDHXhmIDQ.jpg

6th (Inniskilling) Dragoons

SzW9auyZdNM.jpg

LabXp88ub4c.jpg

4th (Queen's Own) Light Dragoons

cF3Xd09jrLE.jpg

76OAB_sJ-Qw.jpg

And...
...as bonus -  whole British cavalry division (except 4th Royal Irish Dragoon Guards and 13th Light Dragoons), who was at Balaclava, together
MoMR2oBWedY.jpg

MeJznog9V38.jpg

vbs5KcBCoNM.jpg

tqaYKWC711k.jpg

Officer of 1st (Grenadier) Regiment of Foot Guards at Inkerman

w8MEhWqIWSc.jpg

9YqoJAUaYQs.jpg

uniform of other ranks was already posted  previously

18th (Royal Irish) Regiment of Foot

hJtAprE0I5w.jpg

fEXzoG0Wyuk.jpg

Officer of 19th Regiment of Foot (Green Howards)

2Pj1St14wsk.jpg

i1L6t-YDmew.jpg

uniform of other ranks was already posted previously

23rd Regiment of Foot (Royal Welch Fusiliers)

rBdAn8M2VLQ.jpg

blQQee-yJ9U.jpg

e3-Xq39qbzw.jpg

vpd3aw8K8yg.jpg

28th (North Gloucestershire) Regiment of Foot

xSSyfinFf9M.jpg

KxWNhG6ujVQ.jpg

4Q0PRD543cQ.jpg

B1Q2Us1Mtd0.jpg

I have images of rear only of frok coats from later period, so I'm not sure how rear of frok coat looks like

33rd (The Duke of Wellington’s) Regiment of Foot

ddqzy3b7uwE.jpg

owl-wS13dnc.jpg

Officer of 49th (Princess Charlotte of Wales's) (Hertfordshire) Regiment of Foot at Inkerman

pPdqp1wmy7g.jpg

lsEGxtB2Vpo.jpg

uniform of other ranks was already posted previously :smile:

Rifle Brigade at Alma

6ajUFmWRpoU.jpg

-EMkBy82HmA.jpg

I added all screenshots in first message of theme, for having full image of progress of mod:smile:

Officer of Rifle Brigade

pICoRl8EC8Q.jpg

0li0YM54zX8.jpg

I haven't found images of Rifle Brigade officer's coatee good enough, so I have little idea how it looked like, all I found - coatee was hussars pattern and drawings of that time and pictures of some sculpture. I tried to make coatee as accurately as possible, but I think there is some inaccuracy in lacing. So I will very thankful if anyone can tell me, where can I find proper images of Rifle Brigade officer's coatee or just if somebody will correct me, what I did wrong:smile:

well i could not say much about the accuracy
but pants (pants folding) looks really awfull on the green surface (especially ass part)
as an top picture of Rifle Brigade at Alma have it covered with a jacket and it was not visibile.

Officers of Heavy Brigade at Balaclava

2nd Royal North British Dragoons (Scots Greys)
DHnpI4MyGcE.jpg

jphFR8U4l08.jpg

5th (Princess Charlotte of Wales's) Dragoon Guards
39fl41WdA1o.jpg

BW2CyfNQXlI.jpg

6th (Inniskilling) Dragoons
nsWYnv9BvSI.jpg

wg48qtOT_ic.jpg

A question, will the dragoon helmets actually provide significantly more armor than anything else in the mod? I mean, considering the mod's setting, it's really the only piece of protective equipment worth noting, it being metal, and everything else being a cloth or leather.

It's probably just nitpicking on my part, but I always hated the paper armor and helmets the cuirassiers in Napoleonic Wars have (although I can also understand it on terms of balance). It's only a small detail, really only coming into play if someone stabs or slashes at your head, but does hold relevance.

I didn't decide yet, but I think yes, these helmats will provide some more armor, at least than forage hats as example, like as thick russian greatcoats will have more armor than thin British coatees. But I don't think these helmets will have  too much armor, as they were of thin metal and were rather parade helmets and provided almost same defense as russian leather helmets, and I'm sure Scots Greys thick soft bearskins had more armor than these shiny helmets.
Most armor in mod will have these French conquistador-like sappers:smile:

gx2V3qj1zrQ.jpg

m5rpKBbyLRk.jpg

I must say, I was completely unaware of armored French sappers from this time, pretty cool stuff.

I'm also really interested that you are actually touching armor values, as that is something most Napoleonic Wars mods haven't done for fear of upsetting "balance". It makes sense too, a hefty domed leather helmet would hold more protection than a cap, or a thicker greatcoat more protective than a tight-fitting coatee. Some may call it nitpicking, but I think fiddling with armor values adds a lot of flavor to various different troop types.

Back
Top Bottom