NW campaign

Users who are viewing this thread

east02k

Recruit
Im currently in the process of writing a campaign for NW; and am wondering what interest the community has in the project, before i attempt to continue it.

The theme: What if Napoleon invaded Britain? obviously there only two factions here- the UK (Great Britain) and France, though i hope to have peasants defending their villages (so may have to use Russia for that!)

As i type this, i have a first draft of the campaign saved on my computer, as well as send to select members of the community for contructive criticsm (if you want to have a look, contact me via steam, on 22nd ts, or PM me and ill decide)

Im aiming to have custom maps, so if there is sufficient interest, i will definitly be needing a mapping team, as i am a complete novice, and teaching myself as i go.

The structure is more rigid than the Grand Campaign was in MM, following a set of events, but with branching events and multiple endings depending on who wins/loses.

So... who would be interested?? (Regiments and public players are both most welcome!!)

"What if Napoleon invaded Britain?" My answer to that is what if Britain invaded Prussia? Or Austria? The Warband campaign sandbox format is what people love. I think you should keep the campaign simple, but expansive. Of course, someone can always make a completely scripted campaign, but a simplecampaign would be perfect for a start.

As for the question of militia, Russians would obviously have partisans, but for other countries, a simple line unit would be fine. This is for if you dong want to add any units. If you do, a militia for Britain and other countries could be farmers with, say, hunting rifles and pitchforks.

cheers adam.

McEwanMaster77 said:
"What if Napoleon invaded Britain?" My answer to that is what if Britain invaded Prussia? Or Austria?

Lets keep to one idea atm? we can always make another one, if this is successful :smile:

Its cool, but im kind dissapointed that no other factions are playing a role :sad:.
I think Napoleon really hated the british that he just ruined every little thing for the British.
The Netherlands were invaded by Napoleon, because we traded with you...
So the people couldnt buy tabak coffee or something else, we stood up ahains the frenchies when they were defeated in Russia, and otherwise it couldnt happen, because the French were too strong.

Oh and did you checked Rudovich's campaign yet?

ahh i understand what you mean. its only a first draft, but i might be able to include something, or even run a parallel campaign alongside with the outcomes of both affecting each other... will neeed to think on that...  i can imagine though that it would be damn hard to keep track of two campaigns though, but am definitly up for writing more in the future :smile:

yeah i did see rudo's, and theres no point running both simultaneously, so he can go first (this one is much shorter though, as its scripted!!). I believe his is following the same format as the 22nd's did in MM.

Here

I've personally been working on it since the server failures when we decided to let it go until the release of this DLC. I made the same decision to wait until the end of Rudos campaign. However, with exams and what not I won't be able to work on it for a while.
So you are welcome to take anything from that thread or you can contact me and i'll give you all the updated rule sets, plans etc if you wish to use them for your campaign.

Kipsleverworst said:
Ye, Rudovich is basicly a 22nd meber from 22nd Native.

Actually he isn't.. So far I know...

Adam MacCormack said:
Your Idea sounds good, I cant script or code, but a friend and I would be happy to help map edit.

Adam MacCormack

Why would you need to code/script. Or map edit?

If I see what East is trying to say here, is that he just need a campaign map, like the one Rudovich made, and Moogs made for there campaigns.. (correct me if I got it wrong here)

He means with  "scripting"  like doing things for the campaing on paper (or so) and not like modding :razz:

haha no map of anything!! just maps :smile: its a nice simple easy campaign where perople dont have to constantly move pieces areound. think less of chess/risk and more like a videogame, you win one battle, you move to the next, much like in a videogame.

if people are still confused, PM me.

Moogs said:
Here
So you are welcome to take anything from that thread or you can contact me and i'll give you all the updated rule sets, plans etc if you wish to use them for your campaign.

cheers Moogs, you're a legend, ill definity take a look!!

If there will be:

- nice, squad-based AI behavior;
- AI using artillery;
- AI using firearms on effective range and maybe even volley-fire for line infantry;
- original recruitment and training system based on regiments (not running between villages to get 2-5 peasants)

I will call this mod epic and play it even if it will be Napoleon invading Australia...

McEwanMaster77 said:
"What if Napoleon invaded Britain?" My answer to that is what if Britain invaded Prussia? Or Austria? The Warband campaign sandbox format is what people love. I think you should keep the campaign simple, but expansive. Of course, someone can always make a completely scripted campaign, but a simplecampaign would be perfect for a start.

As for the question of militia, Russians would obviously have partisans, but for other countries, a simple line unit would be fine. This is for if you dong want to add any units. If you do, a militia for Britain and other countries could be farmers with, say, hunting rifles and pitchforks.

The British had Fencibles, didnt they?  :?:

Sergeant Tristan said:
McEwanMaster77 said:

The British had Fencibles, didnt they?  :?:

These men were the lamest, more corrupt or so terrible that the British Army would refuse to train or drill them. Comparing the Home Guard of WW2 to them makes the latter look like the SAS.

i guess there might be some interest here :smile: would anyone volunteer to help make some maps?

Edit: will need a couple of small village maps, unwalled towns, and a couple walled seiges of towns atm. upon revision of what i have atm might include seiging a hastily fortified position (think trenches and barricades- designed to slow an advance, maybe not stop it)

Back
Top Bottom