Nvidia Ray Tracing, Ansel, Hairworks, and other Nvidia exclusives in Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

lolbash

Master Knight
With the recent announcement of the RTX 2000 Graphics Cards series and Nvidia's new announcement of Ray Tracing, it has me wondering,  is it possible that Taleworlds will plan on incorporating some of Nvidia's Graphical tools in Bannerlord?

Here are some examples of things I am hoping to see:

-Nvidia Ray Tracing for improved shadows

-Nvidia Ansel for beautiful screenshots

-Nvidia Hairworks for realistic hair

-Nvidia Shadowplay support for footage recording

-Nvidia PhysX for clothing

With the exception of Ansel and Shadowplay my only concern would be performance impact in a series like Mount and Blade. Especially on hairworks, not to mention the performance we have seen from ray tracing isn't too good yet. I think they could be interesting to see at some point, but feels a bit unnecessary for release. Not that I'm a deciding opinion or anything. Just my two cents worth.

Does Bannerlord not use Hairworks? If it doesn't, then it's achieving a similar effect with something else. Look at the horsetail plume on this player's helmet, and the mane of his horse:

NO ! .. NO ! ... NO !    We need quality , addictive game play .. not reflective, pretty, shinny things ... go to TW  :lol:

Efficient ray tracing won't happen for decades. Wait for 7 nm GPUs.

Orion said:
Does Bannerlord not use Hairworks? If it doesn't, then it's achieving a similar effect with something else. Look at the horsetail plume on this player's helmet, and the mane of his horse:

We do not know the specs of the machine being used to record the footage during that time, but its safe to assume that it is very likely a sort of I7/R7 computer paired with a GTX1080TI to show off the pretty graphics. Same thing can be currently said for the machines in the current Gamescom.

The goal here is to see if they have used Nvidia's solutions or if they have an alternative lower quality solution that can drop framerates even lower on a common low end Gaming PC.

Will Taleworlds be using Nvidia Solutions so that many common Gamers with GTX1060 and similar spec PCs be able to enable cloth and hair physics? Or will we need to upgrade to a GTX1070 to be able to enable hair and cloth physics and stay at a stable 60 FPS?

Also because Nvida Ansel is a nice feature to have.

Rainbow Dash said:
Orion said:

We do not know the specs of the machine being used to record the footage during that time, but its safe to assume that it is very likely a sort of I7/R7 computer paired with a GTX1080TI to show off the pretty graphics. Same thing can be currently said for the machines in the current Gamescom.

The goal here is to see if they have used Nvidia's solutions or if they have an alternative lower quality solution that can drop framerates even lower on a common low end Gaming PC.

Will Taleworlds be using Nvidia Solutions so that many common Gamers with GTX1060 and similar spec PCs be able to enable cloth and hair physics? Or will we need to upgrade to a GTX1070 to be able to enable hair and cloth physics and stay at a stable 60 FPS?

Also because Nvida Ansel is a nice feature to have.

I hope we dont have to upgrade our videocards because the prices are f*cked

The point is rather not to improve the graphics, but to improve the performance of higher settings for people with weaker hardware.

Im sure there will be 9k texture mods and the like, but none of that matters if people with GTX1060s(70% of the playerbase) can only run them at 20fps a second.

Rainbow Dash said:
The point is rather not to improve the graphics, but to improve the performance of higher settings for people with weaker hardware.

Im sure there will be 9k texture mods and the like, but none of that matters if people with GTX1060s(70% of the playerbase) can only run them at 20fps a second.
Exactly,I hope TW will optimize the game.

In a turkish interview Ali Erkin was asked the question about Ray Tracing.

He said something along the lines like this ;
Since we are the ones who are making our engine , it is gonna be quite possible to add any feature to it we want. However , adding a new feature like that can take up time. Time , we need to make our game. So , this new technology is not our priority. It is something we need to make a meeting with our engineers and decide.
And since this new technology is limited to only few graphics cards , it is not a big priority atm.

Just what I remember from what he said. It is not an exact translation.

Here is the interview btw : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtC1Qx04-**

and lets be honest. It will take 1 year or more for players to even start to use those cards, as they are more expensive than current generation and games will take time to support it.

add that the usual limitation on hardware found on Warband players in general.

so if they add this tech in 2-3 years as a graphics overhaul, with some sort of DLC/expansion, that is more than fine - graphic part would be free of course.

let early adopters pay the price of the new tech  :razz:

(that said I will be buying a couple 2080 or 2080 TI by Xmas, waiting on more reviews to decide)

With Cryto currencies collapsing, GPu cards should be fairly cheap late this year, early next. memory prices are also falling ... so .. early next year might be a great time to build a new PC ?  But 7nm GPU cards probably won't be out till late '19 .. dang!

Orion said:
Never realized how good that hair looks, very impressive.

oh yeah why not add tons of features that nobody ever used and bend to nvidia? amirite xD, nvidias are cool. also don't forget to add denuvo to mix, m&b is AAA game anyway

Back
Top Bottom