Need More Info Numerous Issues with Latest Patch

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.7.2
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: Within battles the relative strength bars no longer represent the real relative strengths. Before the battles, no matter what groups are assigned or formed, what comes up appears to be random and often mixed types of troops. The actual fighting of the battles changed with the patch as if all original options for difficulty were reset to normal. Basically, how do I back out this patch! There also seem to be additional problems with troops taking orders during sieges.
How to Reproduce: Shows up in every battle.
Have you used cheats and if so which: None
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU: I7
RAM: 16MB
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

Within battles the relative strength bars no longer represent the real relative strengths.
This is interesting. I think that after the battle starts it may be meant to represent the amount of troops remaining rather then the power, as a high amount of troops that exceeds the capacity setting for battles cuts down both sides units according the number of units, but not power.

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here:C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves
You can send your save files to us via the ticketing system on the website. To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

This is interesting. I think that after the battle starts it may be meant to represent the amount of troops remaining rather then the power, as a high amount of troops that exceeds the capacity setting for battles cuts down both sides units according the number of units, but not power.
I think you are right, what is irritating is that I have the castle well outnumbered yet the system is bleeding down my attacking force until almost nothing before I am sent reinforcements. Combine that with the stupid AI that sends reinforcements to me up the ladders instead of in the open front door and sieges become a big irritation.

To expand on the grouping issue, it often ignores my groupings completely and generates odd ones combining archers and cavalry and other strange combinations.

Yes, this problem, and
Troops cannot find the last 1 or 2 defenders despite castle gates open and way clear to the keep.
3 Sometimes the players act properly, go to the correct place, but not always.
4. Game crashes EVERY TIME trying to talk to a prisoner in a city. It is working OK when talking to the same prisoner that is transferred to an allied army.
Would be nice if"
1. We had setups for siege and non siege battles with troop type, distribution, leader and personal and character weapons.
2 How about a reserve chest of weapons, e.g. more arrows or other weapons such as another shield or switching to sword. A faithful shield bearers would be nice in ones personal bodyguard.
Question, how to win this game. Is there a closing screen? It seems all cities are taken by my faction, but there are stragglers. Are we ever crowned ruler of "the empire"? I don't want to go about killing everybody so me and mine are the only ones remaining.

It does seem smart enough to give you the win if you bail out and retreat with only a couple enemies left. There is plenty of dissatisfaction with the siege control and bot stupidity but this post is for a couple serious delta bugs following the latest patch.

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here:C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves
You can send your save files to us via the ticketing system on the website. To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
Yes, I uploaded a save file as directed. And referenced this link.

Note, the grouping issues do not happen every single time, it seems to be a function of assignments either of type or leader, and possibly revolving around horse archer assignments. A common glitch seems to be archers lumped into the horse archer group.

Back
Top Bottom