Npc's are dying like flies

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm at 1.5.7, got birth and death on. Almost at every single battle i play, someone dies. Problem is; if you join a lot of battles, clans will get wiped. Khuzaits have already lost around 10-12 lords. A big battle happens => 3-4 npc deaths. I loose a battle => my companions are no more. I think it's a bit too brutal tbh, yes in every combat someone initials they're taking a risk of death. But it's kinda too much. It can even lead for unbalanced factions. Haven't tried figting all factions, but one can break the game by simply joining too many battles.
Imo death probabilty needs tweaking. Disabling death for battles but keeping death of old age, natural causes etc would also be nice. Since kids don't grow up fast, keeping population of calradia is important.

Last edited:
I'm at 1.5.7, got birth and death on. Almost at every single battle i play, someone dies. Problem is; if you join a lot of battles, clans will get wiped. Khuzaits have already lost around 10-12 lords. A big battle happens => 3-4 npc deaths. I loose a battle => my companions are no more. I think it's a bit too brutal tbh, yes in every combat someone initials they're taking a risk of death. But it's kinda too much. It can even lead for unbalanced factions. Haven't tried figting all factions, but one can break the game by simply joining too many battles.
Imo death probabilty needs tweaking.
Right now death is set at 10% chance, they are trying to nail down a bad bug, once it is handled they will reduce it to 2%

There should be a scale option from 0 -100%. I personally want NPCs to die because executing them have penalties. So I want to go into a battle and do this to all of the enemy NPCs:

As Flesson commented, death rates are planned to be reduced in the future from the current 10% to 2%.

Here is a similar thread with a great table on the current death chances:
Thread 'Take Another Look at Chance to Die in Battle'

Currently, deaths (from battle) only occur in battles that the player participated in, so no simulations. This will also change in the future to apply to simulated battles as well, but to my understanding it will go straight to a “low” chance of KIA.

As Flesson commented, death rates are planned to be reduced in the future from the current 10% to 2%.

Here is a similar thread with a great table on the current death chances:
Thread 'Take Another Look at Chance to Die in Battle'

Currently, deaths (from battle) only occur in battles that the player participated in, so no simulations. This will also change in the future to apply to simulated battles as well, but to my understanding it will go straight to a “low” chance of KIA.
I was informed that TW plans to keep the death rate at 10% for now, no plan to reduce it

I was informed that TW plans to keep the death rate at 10% for now, no plan to reduce it
Yes, they said it will be 10% for a while. Apparently they want to collect data and feedback to see how death will effect the game, although it's quite clear that that many dead npc will ruin the game...
I don't want to have a long campaign, tbh i quit the game. Don't feel like i'm willing to play a game without having childs and only SOME death npc, nor do i feel like playing in death festival.

Imo death probabilty needs tweaking. Disabling death for battles but keeping death of old age, natural causes etc would also be nice. Since kids don't grow up fast, keeping population of calradia is important.
just fuсking disable death its lame

By the time your children get old enough, the game is almost over anyway. It´s more flavour then really needed. And if you insist on it, you can bring someone up to 250 medicine and pick the perk that reduces heros death chance by 50 %. Unless you are a horrible person who likes to kill their wifes. Jk

Back
Top Bottom