SP - Player, NPCs & Troops NPC transportation

Users who are viewing this thread

Doofus

Sergeant
You'll probably call this a suggestion rather than a bug, but it needs to be fixed. 2 things regarding NPC movement/placement...

1) Lost a battle near Chaikland. When they show up, 2 of my companions are at Quayaz. Now understand I am part of the Aserai empire. My holdings include Odokh, Akkalat, and Ortongard as well as about a 1/2 dozen castles in former Khuzait territory. Why did the companions go to Quayaz? They shouldn't. I'll admit Quayaz is part of the Aserai territory, but it is literally the farthest town from where they were captured. Chaikland is an Aseerai town. They could have gone there. The war was with Khuzait. I don't know what Khuzait town they were taken too, but the only Khuzait holdings are currently in the Northeast of the map. They went to the Southeast. They should go to one of 2 places. Either to the closest Aserai town/castle or to one of my holdings (presumably towns).

2) Same game, same day's play through, so I still have the same holdings. War has just ended and Fathid comes of age. I go pick him up at Akkalat, which actually makes sense, then I go to gather another companion that went to Amprela (which is held by the Northern Empire and is at least close to where the companion was captured, but again I don't know why the companion went there instead of to my holdings, or at least an Aserai holding). While in Amprela, I ask one of the lords to make a marriage alliance and he agrees. Fathid marries Lucala. She is at Syratos castle, which is not far away. So I go directly to Syratos Castle, with Fathid still in my party. She isn't there. I check the clan page and it says she is at Ortongard. OK, it makes sense she goes to my closest town. I decide to pick her up after picking up the companions at Quayaz. When I get to Syronea I check again. Now Lucala is at Iyakis. How did she get there so fast? And why did she go there? Once I get to Danustica, I check again and she is at Razih.. Ok, at least I know what she's doing, she's on a tour of the Aserai territories. I did finally pick her up at Razih before she could pop off to another location. However, she's apparently either taking a fast train or airline flights.

Please fix this. There are too many wars for me to go across the whole map to 1) pick up someone who should have just gone to either my closest town or the closest town of my empire and 2) if I wasn't regularly checking I'd get to that spot across the map only to find the one I'm looking for is, perhaps, back where I started...unless you want to show me where the airports are on the map. I will say that at least when I got to Quayaz the 2 companions were still there.

There is a work around for this. Get in one of your settlements, assign them as governor, leave, go back in and bam, they are there. Take them to your party and assign the original governor back if there was any.

No way I'm traveling from danustica to quyaz for a spicevendor, she comes to me.

Last edited:
Thanks. Thought the one you were assigning governor had to be in your party. Still needs to be fixed, but that will make things a bit better.

No, you can assign all of your clan members as a governor whether they're in your party or not as long as they are not leading their own party.

Agreed that this still needs a fix though I also like them moving around to build up relations. They should just move around between neighboring cities to my territory, not the other end of the empire.

I'd rather they didn't move around. Personally, I think they should be put in the closest territory to where they were captured (or their status changed) of the empire you are with. They can still build relations with others in your empire, merchants, etc. They can also build relations with visiting nobles of other empires. But when they move 3 times in about 15 minutes of play time, and they are moving much faster than they are realistically capable of, its definitely broken. I suppose if you wanted, they could move after being there a week or something, but just bouncing around quickly and randomly is ridiculous.

Additional note...same game. My wife died. Got another, who agreed to marry me just outside Epinosa, while in an army with her clan leader. Spoke with him. Bartered the marriage. She, of course is no longer in the army (always happens, but does this make sense?). By the time I get to the closest town, Amprela, she is now in Quayez. I really need to know where the airports or teleporters are located in this game. Logic says after bartering the marriage I should have been able to talk to her in the army, where we both were already, and had her join my party. Guess I'll use the Governor exploit to get her, with no regrets, since I'm basically using a positive exploit to offset a negative glitch. Thanks, Murtega.

Yes, this continues to piss me off. Wife was leading a party that got captured by, I think, Western Empire.. She was released (I forget how). Shows up at Sargot. Feel like she should be at Quayez since I'm with the Aserai, but OK. Takes me a while to get her as I was heading toward my own territories (mostly Khuzait territory) when she was released and she showed up there when I was around Hubyar or so, then subsequent war with Northern Empire. War ends, I go to get her, along with 2 companions in that area. The companions stay where they are, but when I get to Sargot, it says she is now at Hubyar. Not sure why it took so long, but makes sense she would go to Aserai territory eventually. I get to Hubyar, it says she is now in Baltkhand. Kind of OK, since I own Baltakhand, but beginning to get somewhat annoying since she was in Sargot for so long. Get to Baltakhand. Now she's in Odokh, which is also one of my holdings. Definitely annoying since I had stopped at Odokh on my way to Baltakhand. Now I need to go back there. Yes, I know I could use an exploit and make her governor, but this **** needs to stop. At this point I'm also curious whether she'll be there when I get there.

Back
Top Bottom