Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Rackie

Veteran
AI lords don't donate troops to any garrison if the settlement is owned by the player. This causes big issue with when the player is the ruler, as for every castle/town sieged and conquer, the player must themselves immediately go there to donate troops for the garrison otherwise it'll have none. Because whenever a fief is captured it is obviously given to the ruling clan so the player.

And because the ai usually visits the castle/town once directly after conquering it, but then goes away, it means that even if another clan is voted to get the fief, it will get 0 troops are the ai lords are long gone by then. And if the player choses to keep it it will never get any troops at all, even this is an issue even if intended probably.

AI lords don't donate troops to any garrison if the settlement is owned by the player. This causes big issue with when the player is the ruler, as for every castle/town sieged and conquer, the player must themselves immediately go there to donate troops for the garrison otherwise it'll have none. Because whenever a fief is captured it is obviously given to the ruling clan so the player.

And because the ai usually visits the castle/town once directly after conquering it, but then goes away, it means that even if another clan is voted to get the fief, it will get 0 troops are the ai lords are long gone by then. And if the player choses to keep it it will never get any troops at all, even this is an issue even if intended probably.
+1

Your clan members do donate troops to your garrison, but they are the only one.
So currently you should run a faction with your clan only and with a mod that increase your clan's party limit, until they have fixed.

And I know, it is stupid that other clans don't troops to your garrisons, I have gotten 1 times, a rebellion because of this.

+1

Your clan members do donate troops to your garrison, but they are the only one.
So currently you should run a faction with your clan only and with a mod that increase your clan's party limit, until they have fixed.

And I know, it is stupid that other clans don't troops to your garrisons, I have gotten 1 times, a rebellion because of this.
countering rebellions is super easy once ruler (just get policies to give +3-5 loyalty without even any governor) but I my faction is conquering 1-2 towns and 1-2 castles at two fronts and its impossible to even supply enough troops not to mention I dont have time to physically get there.

I actually have enough troops farther back in the kingdom but dont really have time to get them. Friendly npc vassals take a town/castle, lose half their men because autoresolve and then leave the settlement with 0 garrison so enemy takes it within 3 minutes

I've noticed this too. I generally have my clan's parties accompany me when forming an army (which is almost always) because I can assist with replenishing their troops, but AI lords don't donate to any garrison of a fief my army takes over. So unless I want to deplete my own strong army significantly the garrisons end up with only 20-50 troops in them and even merc parties will try to single-handedly take the castle/town.

I have found this to happen when i first take over a fief. Then i need to wait for the ownership to go to someone (player or npc). Then exit the fief and revisit the fief and army parties will cobtribute troops to the garrison (not many, line 30-50 in total, but hey, it's something)...it's a temporary workaround for now until TW fixes.

Sorry for the late reply. Are you still experiencing this issue on the latest version of the game?

For me, I think this was a situation that happened when I was ruler. In my current game, which is fairly far along, I'm not the ruler. So while I do see other parties donating to the garrison, I think I'm seeing that because I'm not the current ruler when I take over a fief. What I'm trying to say is I'm not in a position to comment on whether its still an issue or not.

For me, I think this was a situation that happened when I was ruler. In my current game, which is fairly far along, I'm not the ruler. So while I do see other parties donating to the garrison, I think I'm seeing that because I'm not the current ruler when I take over a fief. What I'm trying to say is I'm not in a position to comment on whether its still an issue or not.
Yes, this is correct, AI clans only donating troops, if another AI is faction leader and this is the issue, the Devs should fix, because I have gotten 1 time a rebellion because of this and my Kingdom have had all +Loyalty Policies, but it needs time.

Forwarded to the QA team for further investigation. We will reach out again if we need more information. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

I've been informed that this bug is fixed and the fix will be sent to the game with future patches. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

@MArdA TaleWorlds Marda, so far this still hasn't been fixed and its annoying as hell. Yes, I am the ruler now so any territory taken by an AI is given zero reinforcements. Can you confirm whether this fix is supposed to have been implemented yet? If yes, its not working. If no, I can have patience and wait longer, but since its been over 3 weeks since you said the fix was to be sent I wanted to check.

Back
Top Bottom