Resolved NPC Name Error in Dialogue

Users who are viewing this thread

Yaqus of the Wastes Dialogue Error 04-14-20

When talking to aforementioned unhired companion NPC in a tavern, he is introducing himself but the dialogue doesn't input his name into the text. Instead it reads, "I am ERROR: CHARACTER_NAME_STRING variable has not been set before., prince of the wastelands, lord of solitude, master of emptiness. If you wish to know my other names, you may ask my kinsmen, the leopard, the hyena and the gazelle..." The player has two response options, one reading, "ERROR: CHARACTER_NAME_STRING variable has not been set before. is fine. No need to bother the hyenas. So, what can you do?" and the other reading, "Master of empty talk, rather."

I hope I have provided enough information for you to be able to sort out this issue. Let me know if you need anything else!

Great game, definitely worth the wait as I loved the other games! Thank you, I am so happy with it so far! Keep up the good work!

Hello, sorry for the late reply. We have fixed a considerable amount of the problems we have encountered so far and improved the game performance with the multiple patches we have released. Please make sure that your game, your drivers, and OS are up to date and the game has necessary permissions over your security software. Please let us know if the problem persists after completing these steps and verifying the integrity of the game files through Steam.

Back
Top Bottom