NPC Lord's doesn't marry leading to clans dying out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Gadheras

Squire
In my current game. There is several clans that got single "male" surviving members. The clan itself got several kids, getting close to come of age etc. But these Lords doesn't get married, so once they fall on the battlefield, the whole clan fade into history...

There is also clans being lead by female Lords that suffer the same.

Taking time and browsing through all the clans in different factions, you will find A LOT of unmarried characters I seen characters get married across of factions though. Like Aserai female marry into an Vlandia clan. A Khuzait marry into empire etc.

The system need to be improved on though, because with death/birth enabled, more babies need to be made for a long play to be viable.

Also mercenary clans have no families what so ever, and will die out much faster....

Well you got a sister, put to her to good use :wink:
Seriously they should add a match maker quest where you can set up a marriage for these stupid bots so they don't go extinct.

Well, I rather keep her as a party leader as she is more valuable for that than to leave the clan to join some clan I might end up fight down the line and end up kill her, because... lack of diplomacy and alliance building make the game dumb that way. At best it work if you marry her off into another clan in your own faction. One female won't fix the problem as whole though :/

In that regard, this is where you REALLY should be able to marry off your own female members to companions or something so they stay within the family...

There should be a fall-back - call it matrilineal marriage if you want, where AI can spawn a spouse "out of thin air" when it´s really needed. They are full-fledged "familly-members" and can inherit the clan if need be.

For the player, yes.. Let us marry between familly members and companions(including player charachter). The companion stays a companion, children becomes clanmembers.

There should be a fall-back - call it matrilineal marriage if you want, where AI can spawn a spouse "out of thin air" when it´s really needed. They are full-fledged "familly-members" and can inherit the clan if need be.

For the player, yes.. Let us marry between familly members and companions(including player charachter). The companion stays a companion, children becomes clanmembers.
Yes, spawn a Spouse is needed for dynastic Gameplay, but they should have low stats for balance.

You mention losing teenage children when the parent dies. That is perhaps the biggest problem. I think a solution would be for the children to move under the ruler's clan as 'wards of the state', but still survive. Then when they come of age they can still get married, control armies, etc. Since I haven't had a wife who has gotten pregnant in about 6 games this would be a bit of a solution to that.

Back
Top Bottom