In Progress Npc lords can still recruit from raided villages if brought there in the player's army.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.2
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: There's been a long standing bug where npcs can recruit from completely raided villages if they are in the player's army and the player enters the burned down village. This is especially useful because the player can take their companions with them in an army and use them to recruit from notables that are normally inaccessible while the village is sacked, then take the recruits from their companions. Now that npcs can recruit while in the player's army again, I figure it's a good time to bring it up.

How to Reproduce: As a member of a faction, call an army of npcs with party capacity to spare. Find an allied or neutral village that has been completely raided, and enter it. You will see that npcs can recruit like normal.

I think the simplest solution is probably to just add && !settlement.IsRaided to the if statement in the OnSettlementEntered method of the RecruitmentCampaignBehavior class.

Media:

Last edited:
Not just when in the players army. They do it on their own too. They have always been able to recruit when in the player's army, only recently have they been able to recruit by themselves.

They do it on their own too.
I myself have never seen that happen, but I know people have been insisting it happens for awhile now. The AI behavior code specifically prevents them from going to raided villages. However, if you say it's recent, then maybe they changed something that causes npcs to now visit raided villages on their own in certain cases. Have you taken a screenshot of it happening?

I myself have never seen that happen, but I know people have been insisting it happens for awhile now. The AI behavior code specifically prevents them from going to raided villages. However, if you say it's recent, then maybe they changed something that causes npcs to now visit raided villages on their own in certain cases. Have you taken a screenshot of it happening?
Haven't taken screen shots or anything, just something I've noticed. Unless the village wasn't fully raided or something. I just saw smoke coming from the village and assumed it was raided, then noticed lords recruiting from them. I'll try pay more attention and double check if the village was fully raided.

Haven't taken screen shots or anything, just something I've noticed. Unless the village wasn't fully raided or something. I just saw smoke coming from the village and assumed it was raided, then noticed lords recruiting from them. I'll try pay more attention and double check if the village was fully raided.
Gotcha. If I recall correctly, in some earlier patches smoke would not always clear from villages after they had recovered, so that could've thrown people off.

I saw that in 1.5.1 unmodded last night. I pulled my army into one of my villages after hearing it was being raided. I got the screen where a few desolate souls slink away... but they apparently all slinked to the NPCs in my army (including 2 parties run by my Companions). I think there were 12 recruits gleaned from the raided village.

Back
Top Bottom