Resolved NPC & Item Portraits missing e1.5.8

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.8
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
I have not had the problem today, I am not sure why. It's possible they snuck in a Hotfix for 1.5.8 in the 1.5.7 Hotfix that came out today? Either I have just been super lucky or something changed. Maybe a windows 10 update overnight? My GPU drivers are the same...
NOPE. I swear I was just thinking this was over and then I come back to my PC after making the above post and the issue is right back there to great me! Running on lower settings does seem to help though...

I have the same problem with icons not loading in the item interfaces. This happens with smithing, inventory, and trade menus. I have uploaded my save to the website.

System info below:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP-OAQR0MM
System Manufacturer To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Model To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU To Be Filled By O.E.M.
Processor AMD Ryzen 3 2300X Quad-Core Processor, 3500 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. P2.00, 3/4/2019
SMBIOS Version 3.2
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer MSI
BaseBoard Product A320M-HDV R4.0
BaseBoard Version
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State Off
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.19041.488"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 9.88 GB
Total Virtual Memory 22.9 GB
Available Virtual Memory 13.7 GB
Page File Space 7.00 GB

Hello, I have the same issue first in 1.5.7. I thought it will be resolved in beta, but the same in 1.5.8
Interesting. It only happens after 10-20+ min playing. Restarting the game will temporarily fix this issue. It's also not every character, but mostly the "new" one that you meet during this session after n minutes. I hope this can help.

And here are the full details you've been requesting:

GPU: Nvidia GeForce 1050 Ti
GPU Driver Version: 27.21.14.6140 (from 22.01.21)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 220G with Radeon Vega Graphics $ CPUs, ~3.5Ghz
RAM: 16 GB
Motherboard: ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB

EDIT: Ah, sorry, haven't noticed your recent reply. It's good to know you're already on top of this issue! :smile: Good luck to your team, and I hope it won't be too much of a headache.
For other people, if you have the same case as I do, you can still keep playing while restarting the game each time it happens.

EDIT 18.02.2021: I can also confirm it still happens with me under the same repro steps.

Last edited:
I've had the game start with the issue on load - or the first time I have a dialogue pop up. Other times I can play for 20 minutes before it occurs.

I've also noticed a performance drop in battles when it happens - particularly on heavily vegetated maps - I'm guessing all the looking for missing textures is causing problems.

Hi,
Having same issue since updated (reinstalled) from e1.5.6 to e1.5.8. Previously, on e.1.5.6 everything worked perfectly (played 100+ hours), even during long gaming sessions (5+ hours).

Symptoms:
0-20 minutes - everything ok, slight shader bugs on units portraits like glossy turbans, wrong textures mapping on looters porttraits and so on.
20-60 minutes - some icons dissapeared, 20% of items icons on market are in infinite loading state
60+ - some names on global map, icons are completely dissapered, global map height bugs (rivers and mountains looks significantly flattened), various bugs with textures - they turning to extremely low quality.

Interesting fact: has no degradation effect for battles until you playing too long, like 60+ minutes.

Looks like a GPU memory leak. Also have found strange lines in rgl_log (can't attach, but can send for analysis if someone tell the way to do it) of the last session: missing textures for shaders, empty lines with timestamps only, sometimes I see there lines like this:
"Granite Warning: W1006: A resolve request was dropped because there are too many outstanding resolve requests (32)."

System (works perfectly on low-to-average graphics quality settings):
RAM: 8 Gb (2 Gb allocated for GPU purposes)
In-Game GPU requirements: 1540 Mb
GPU: AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 8 Graphics
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2500U with Radeon Vega Modile Gfx2.00 GHz

Back
Top Bottom