Resolved NPC & Item Portraits missing e1.5.8

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.8
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Been playing the new patch for last 2 hours, and have twice now seen all item, npc, and recruit portraits disappear entirely and replaced by a loading icon. The issue is not resolved by loading, and instead resolved by quitting the game program entirely and restarting.

Game settings: High

RAM: 16.0 GB
Proc: i5-8600k
GPU: GTX 1070 Ti,

Can you try deleting the Shaders folder and verify the game again?
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Shaders
Please note that Windows need to show hidden folders first.

Can you provide some screenshots for this issue? I will forward them to developers.
I have the same problem. Note that it does not happen immediately, you need to play a while on a save before this happens (when testing, play at least 30 minutes!). Closing & opening the game solves it temporarily, but it always comes back. Here is a screenshot:

TOys3vu.png

Can you also try deleting the contents of "C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Shaders" and "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\Native\TileSets\pages" folders and verifying your game files?

Can you also try deleting the contents of "C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Shaders" and "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\Native\TileSets\pages" folders and verifying your game files?
Forum won't let me upload the screenshot I took, but similar issue of refreshing bar icon in item portraits and empty NPC portrait slots.

I did this, and played for about an hour. So far it hasn't happened again. I will continue playing and report back if it happens again.

EDIT: it happened again, so it's not a solution.

Last edited:
I have the same issue. I tried this, and the issue is back.

Computer Specs:
GPU: GTX 1050 Ti
GPU Driver Version: 461.09
CPU: Intel Core i5-9400F
RAM: 2x8 GB at 2667 MHz
Motherboard: ASRock B365M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB

Last edited:
I have same issue

Computer Specs:
GPU: GTX 970
CPU: Intel Core i7-3270
RAM: 8×2 GB g.skill ares but my pc see only 12GB
Motherboard: Asusp9X79
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Samsung SSD 850 pro 512gb

Last edited:
I completely reinstalled the game and, on your advice, did everything that you wrote about again. It did not help.

GPU: GTX 1660 Super
GPU Driver Version: 461.09
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
RAM: 16 GB DDR4, 3000 Mhz
Motherboard: Asus Prime B450-Plus
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): HDD

The problem is specific to beta 1.5.8, it never happens in 1.5.7.

I have the same problem. Note that it does not happen immediately, you need to play a while on a save before this happens
At my save game it happened immediately. So maybe there are some differences at different save games

Computer Specs:
GPU: GTX 960 2GB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: 16 GB
Motherboard: msi B450M PRO-VDH MAX
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): HDD

Last edited:
I try to wait loading portrait and texture before move or doing anything, that's help.

Patch 1.5.8 is better performance, everything loading faster (except portrait/texture loading). Anyways i though, that's cause this issue.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GPU: GTX 970
GPU Driver: 461.40
CPU: Intel Core i7-3270
RAM: 8×2 GB g.skill ares but my pc see only 12GB
Motherboard: Asus P9X79
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Samsung SSD 850 pro 512gb

Last edited:
I have not had the problem today, I am not sure why. It's possible they snuck in a Hotfix for 1.5.8 in the 1.5.7 Hotfix that came out today? Either I have just been super lucky or something changed. Maybe a windows 10 update overnight? My GPU drivers are the same...

Back
Top Bottom