Now we have rebellion and uprising, but how does it happen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Refer to the offical announcement, it says
Effects
When conditions hold and a rebellion starts few things happen in the town.

• The owner of the settlement loses all control of the settlement.
  • The garrison is destroyed. Some of them end up in prisons and others are killed.
  • A portion of the militia is lost in the uprising and the rest is converted to the garrison.
  • A new rebel clan is created. This clan has newly generated members representing charismatic or influential people who lead the rebellion.
  • The new clan is immediately at war with the original settlement owner's faction.
  • The loyalty of the city will get a temporary boost.
I wonder how this work. If an uprising occured, is the garrison destoryed right away, or a fight between garrison and millitia will determine result of this uprising? Does the lord have a chance to help the garrison repel uprising before the settlement is taken and without a siege?

Refer to the offical announcement, it says

I wonder how this work. If an uprising occured, is the garrison destoryed right away, or a fight between garrison and millitia will determine result of this uprising? Does the lord have a chance to help the garrison repel uprising before the settlement is taken and without a siege?
Rebellions are won by the rebels immediately if the conditions are met. If not they do not rise up in the first place. Lords would count to garrison strength and some provide bonuses to loyalty and security but other than that no battle in the sense of combat takes place. The conditions for rebellion are a long process however when met, everything happens in an instance.

Rebellions are won by the rebels immediately if the conditions are met. If not they do not rise up in the first place. Lords would count to garrison strength and some provide bonuses to loyalty and security but other than that no battle in the sense of combat takes place. The conditions for rebellion are a long process however when met, everything happens in an instance.

Are there any plans to at some point have battles between the garisson and the Militia play out in the streets ? That'd be epic.

Are there any plans to at some point have battles between the garisson and the Militia play out in the streets ? That'd be epic.

If you are not there, there is no point for that to happen. Would be cool thou that when conditions are met, a quest from the notables becomes eligible for you to accept and take part in the rebellion. Maybe also a quest from the owning clan becomes also eligible for you to quell the uprising. Then a battle in the middle of the settlement would occur (street fight). Would be dope, of course with negative effects on the clan and faction of the previous owner or with the town itself, depending on whom you completed the quest for. If you take one quest, you can't take the other. This would also affect your honor rating.

The eligibility scenario was implemented in Warband, when a faction's lord family member was held prisoner, you would be able to accept a quest, do the prison break, and get loads of dinars and renown.

@SadShogun What do you think of this, any chance for rebellions to be expanded into the quest system?

If you are not there, there is no point for that to happen.
Actually, there are points for that to happen. First, it's not a good simulation if garrison who hold loyal to lord would happily throw their weapon and wait for excution or prison during milltia uprising, especially when the city has been angry for a long time. Then resistance of loyal garrison provides time for lord to react, that's why I said the following:
Does the lord have a chance to help the garrison repel uprising before the settlement is taken and without a siege?

That sounds weird. Garrison hold loyal to the lord is unlikely to throw their weapon so easily, and uprising without blood is rare.
They do get slaughtered (and rest thrown into prison), it's just so that this "civil uprising" happens in an instant. There is a battle taking place but it is not shown and the simulation is done in a way that the battle resolves instantly (and rebels always win because they wait until they have far superior numbers).

Actually, there are points for that to happen. First, it's not a good simulation if garrison who hold loyal to lord would happily throw their weapon and wait for excution or prison during milltia uprising, especially when the city has been angry for a long time. Then resistance of loyal garrison provides time for lord to react, that's why I said the following:

Your comment made me think and I agreed with you, but after reading SadShogun explanation, it makes sense for the rebellion to be instant, since there are not scenes for that type of battle, yet, I hope. Maybe this can be altered in the future, so that the battle can take some hours or a couple of days.

Back
Top Bottom