Now the AI is using the siege tower normally ! MOD

Users who are viewing this thread

I can only assume this mod will make sieges FAR TOO fast ... push tower to wall, everyone climbs the ladders, walls taken quickly, siege over ... NOT historically correct. WHAM - BAM - THANK Y MAM ... no

I haven't used it so I'm just assuming, tell me if sieges are quicker or not.

Hmm, imagine troops would block and have real armor. In our testing with RBM + the siege tower fix, the towers work well but dont speed the siege much because you have 3 men facing 3 men on a bridge unless castle / town is buggy and defenders are not properly present on wall when siege towers arrive. SO you still need to break the gate unless you have significantly better (and more numerous) troops.

no, just the realist. Sieges took time and many casualties before the tower got to the walls.. this doesn't happen in BL sieges. Clearing the path for towers especially filling the moat, should take casualties, at least 10% before you even get into the "Siege" tactical battle.

This mod just makes sieges very hard to defend.

you're not really a real realist because the realest of realist really wouldn't play this game

Its quite the sensitive criteria. But if you look at the patch notes from 1.5.8 to 1.6.4 and connect the dots you will see exactly the criteria for getting special treatment.
You're exaggerating or grossly misunderstanding. Spit it out if you've got something solid to say. BTW weren't you going away? Didn't you make some dramatic give up posts somewhere? Or was that some other bestmod mod-spam guy?

Hmm, imagine troops would block and have real armor. In our testing with RBM + the siege tower fix, the towers work well but dont speed the siege much because you have 3 men facing 3 men on a bridge unless castle / town is buggy and defenders are not properly present on wall when siege towers arrive. SO you still need to break the gate unless you have significantly better (and more numerous) troops.
Do the defending soldiers get an advantage over the attackers on the tower bridge ?? if not then there is no advantage to defend the walls.

TW DID just buff ballistas in beta branch, which are used by defenders alot, this should give them a small edge at the very least.
Yeah, just makes the four treb lineup even more entrenched because you don't want ballistas ruining your men and siege engines.

Okay... after checking some videos on youtube (can't test by myself atm) showing how the mod is "fixing" this issue makes me worrying...
It is indeed a good temporary fix for those who were wishing to see 3 ladders continuously full of troops.
But I really hope TW is not planning to make the siege tower work that way for the final release.
We clearly see that the AI is just brain dead, forcebly going up and keep pushing, even overflowing the the top of the tower.
This kind of behaviour makes me think about the ladders in Stronghold...

Okay... after checking some videos on youtube (can't test by myself atm) showing how the mod is "fixing" this issue makes me worrying...
It is indeed a good temporary fix for those who were wishing to see 3 ladders continuously full of troops.
But I really hope TW is not planning to make the siege tower work that way for the final release.
We clearly see that the AI is just brain dead, forcebly going up and keep pushing, even overflowing the the top of the tower.
This kind of behaviour makes me think about the ladders in Stronghold...
Im sure its more difficult than this but I wish people had more spacing between them, like the siege tower ramp just turns into a smashed ball of troops with people falling off the edge because there's too many troops on it and they never stop moving forward.

It would be nice if the AI would recognize that it is full on the ramp and hold on the ladder until there is more space and if the defending AI just stayed on the walls instead of rushing up ramp to the ladders.

Im sure its more difficult than this but I wish people had more spacing between them, like the siege tower ramp just turns into a smashed ball of troops with people falling off the edge because there's too many troops on it and they never stop moving forward.

It would be nice if the AI would recognize that it is full on the ramp and hold on the ladder until there is more space and if the defending AI just stayed on the walls instead of rushing up ramp to the ladders.
Well, I'd prefer the modder to not optimize it too much...
TW has to take care of this issue!

TW DID just buff ballistas in beta branch, which are used by defenders alot, this should give them a small edge at the very least.

I quick and simple Fix to this problem would be to take 5% to 15% casualties from the attacker (lost during the siege prep) before entering tactical battle map.

This would make it fairer.

Last edited:
So I am testing the mod on the defender side and it's even more beautiful. After the units at the gate push the attackers out they start to go to the siege towers to attack the attackers even going so far as to climb up the siege towers to chase the attackers then they get off the ladders after victory with some chasing down the rest of the attackers even after that, it brought a tear to my eye. The units knew to make a bee line over to the siege towers from the breached gate, amazing!

Nah, he just wanted to move all his **** to patreon so he could hide it behind a paywall...
Lol pay pigs? Time to make some bacon!
TW don't work with modders...unless you meet some certain criteria.
Excuse me mam, have you accidently banned me from a reddit that I've never even visited or known of? Or have you purposeful sought out my account to ban it for some petty power trip? Or did you not know reddit would send me a message that my account was banned from your subreddit? It's funny because I didn't don't know or care about you personal subreddit, but now I do ? Better keep your nose clean cuz the eye of Sauron's on you now.
fFdGB.png

Why what could this be about?
W4px4.png

Oh somebody got mad!

At this point in the game, it is the best that we currently have.

One other problem is that the AI does not always respond quickly to the siege towers, even if they have adequate troops.

Still, RBM with the siege tower fix makes sieges from mostly broken to at least somewhat viable.

I think that in the long run, map design is going to have to be redone. Each city and castle should be given a new scene.

Back
Top Bottom