[NOTICE] Dedicated Server Files (1.170/2.032)

Users who are viewing this thread

I think that Friendly Fire setting in VC_Official_EU_Battle server needs to change to classic Native Battle setting. %100 to friend and %0 to self. Other than that there was a really absurf bug i exprienced witg 60 other players. While we were figthing all the players forced to sit in the ground. Like been freezed by admin in native (admin tools.) I could move with my horse and actually got a kill bumping one guy, :lol: that really killed the game mood there.

the NA servers are pretty bad imo.

most of NA native would kill to see Fastest speed instead of medium, plus with the addition of 1k gold only and lack of admins at all its pretty rough, not to mention it appears to be hosted in East coast, so all my West coast buds have 95+ ping ;_;
the state of reflect and FF on is pretty bad as well
i get that w/o admins FF on is ridiculous but i hate playing with it on
1k gold is really bad especially with the high price tag of most weapons.

but thats just my two cents

ill try and set up my own server for Battle and get things rolling better.

thors champion is a game mode where one guy is thors champion, it is fundamentlally works as a deathmatch, but the goal is to kill thors champion and become his champion yourself, as thors champion you have good armour and a hammer that seems to one hit most people

Thor servers should  have some game mechanic explaination for players cause all i can see is deatmatch and only few players are actually trying to kill the Champion.
The Champion is way too strong with a shield
Arrows don't deal damage to Champion's Body (maybe it's as intended but not fun at all for archers)
Upper thrust with a spear in the Champion's face is an instakill.
Maps are not well designed for this particular gamemode , the Champion could hide in a little corner for like 30 minutes.

Errm so i was playing for the first time today in the VC_Official_EU_Naval server and people were constantly kicking and banning players. Well we were playing in the map with the port and the invading ship and i stuck in the textures of the bridge without knowing! Then they voted to ban me because they thought i was hacking. Now i am banned and i can't play in the server. Please unban me that's so unfair!

Dodas said:
Errm so i was playing for the first time today in the VC_Official_EU_Naval server and people were constantly kicking and banning players. Well we were playing in the map with the port and the invading ship and i stuck in the textures of the bridge without knowing! Then they voted to ban me because they thought i was hacking. Now i am banned and i can't play in the server. Please unban me that's so unfair!
A poll ban lasts an hour at most or should. I have had it happen to me before for no good reason. Poll bans are highly exploitable.

Captain Lust said:
Okay, your servers will need to be updated again for the latest patch. Please do so using these files:

Thanks Lust. Are there any patch notes?

Also, I noticed that internal admin chat has been added, however it would be greatly appreciated if a global admin chat could be implemented! Events are near impossible to admin without it and normal server adminning is a real pain. A slay button would be nice as well :razz:
Otherwise I'll just add it myself, but could do without the hassle.

Thanks,

Please make 1000 gold limit for invasion server. With 6000 it is full of rambo cav distracting the horde all the time and playing that "kill all them stupid bots by circling aroung them like in singleplayer", shieldwall is just standing and doing nothing til 10th wave. This is not cool at all. But with only 1000 gold, everyone will be forced to stand in shieldwall and actually thinking about tactics and playing new multiplayer mode. That's what I can call something cool.

Thanks for the patch!
It would be great if it is possible to give future patches a new (sub) version number. Initially we missed the patch as the file name was still "1162_10".
Other than that, keep up the good work :smile:

Another update to the server files here: http://download2.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_viking_conquest_dedicated_1164_101.zip

Patch notes are just the relevant ones from the latest beta in the other thread: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,320738.0.html

MarkMods said:
Thanks for the patch!
It would be great if it is possible to give future patches a new (sub) version number. Initially we missed the patch as the file name was still "1162_10".
Sorry about that mate, was a little hectic! Should be all good on that from now on.

Some guy called [TaleworldsDev]Betty is trolling on the eu battle server, making ban polls and tking everyone near him. The dude must be mad abouthing something because he only trolls people with their reg tags on.

Captain Lust said:
Another update to the server files here: http://download2.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_viking_conquest_dedicated_1164_101.zip

Patch notes are just the relevant ones from the latest beta in the other thread: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,320738.0.html

MarkMods said:
Thanks for the patch!
Sorry about that mate, was a little hectic! Should be all good on that from now on.

Thanks for the update :smile:

Here's a small quickfix for admin chat and announcements for those who don't want to wait for next full official patch - http://goo.gl/1ravVv  - download the file and overwrite the old one.

Works only with current (1164_101) version and only for the dedicated server (yes, file has to be uploaded to the server for changes to take effect).

Do not use it for clients - there's no point, because it won't change anything, since the problem was only with dedicated servers.

I've just tried with the new server files and the updated "scripts.txt"

Slay all bots: works
Slay player: works
Heal player: doesn't work
Swap player team: works
Swap player to spectator: works
Give player Thor's Hammer: works

Internal admin chat (u key): doesn't work
Global admin message (i key): doesn't work

Back
Top Bottom