Notes about Modernized infantry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Edo

Veteran
A while back I remember hearing someone say that they had never seen Ishtar modernize. After a while I got curious myself about what kind modern troops Ishtar would field. So I turned on cheat mode and found out, I also decided to take a look at a few other thing and noticed some more oddities. Here they are, in list format!

• Ishtar fields the same type of "Modern" Army as Khaldim. Pikes and Bayoneted muskets. Not even any rifled matchlocks. No wonder they never bother modernizing.
  • Kathindi conscript troop upkeep costs higher than their top tier troops! 13 Kora with 10 Leadership! Must be a bug.
  • Sayazin and the Provinces share a Modernized troop tree and seem to modernize at the same time. They also seem to have incorporated both sets of uniforms with the militia and light infantry using Provincial colors.
  • Regiments, Qormats, and Mercenaries never modernize making them less useful against New Model Armies unless you use human wave tactics and have the money to support that kind of strategy.
  • One can make an entire three division army out of nothing but Kutt Mercenaries but the massive upkeep is not worth their lackluster performance.
  • Recruiting Tahit Swordsmen just gives you Kutt Musketmen
  • Gathan, Zanj Istar, Imaz Ishtar, Qara Shajan, and Qara Kethem don't seem to modernize at all.

About the part of Khastind Conscripts costing more then their top tier unit:
Are you using my Troop fix to make give you Conscripts instead of the bugged Sarranid Deserters?
If you do (which I assume you do since I didnt see any fixes like the one I did), then I can explain that to you.
I just renamed and rearmed the Sarranid deserters, aswel as fixing their Upgrade tree and adjusting their Firearms/polearms skill.
But since I didnt change the level (I believe), you still have to pay the standard Sarranid Deserter's upkeep.

If thats the case (that you are using my fix), then I will get on it right now and try to fix it.
If you dont, then I just wasted 5 minutes on my time, and 2 of yours.  :oops:

Edit: Are there any Isthari Modern Units at all? If so, I will get on it and release a small fix/change to make them propperly modernized.

MrMundy said:
About the part of Khastind Conscripts costing more then their top tier unit:
Are you using my Troop fix to make give you Conscripts instead of the bugged Sarranid Deserters?
If you do (which I assume you do since I didnt see any fixes like the one I did), then I can explain that to you.
I just renamed and rearmed the Sarranid deserters, aswel as fixing their Upgrade tree and adjusting their Firearms/polearms skill.
But since I didnt change the level (I believe), you still have to pay the standard Sarranid Deserter's upkeep.

If thats the case (that you are using my fix), then I will get on it right now and try to fix it.
If you dont, then I just wasted 5 minutes on my time, and 2 of yours.  :oops:

Edit: Are there any Isthari Modern Units at all? If so, I will get on it and release a small fix/change to make them propperly modernized.

Ah yes! Of course! Completely forgot I was using your troop fix. XD.

And yes. Ishtar proper has modern troops, they're just not new model troops. They're set up like Khaldim with pikemen and Musketmen. The smaller Ishtari States don't modernize however.

If your going around fixing odd little things, you may want to look at the weapon proficiencies of the regiments. They all have 300 musket skill but 0 in everthing else. You'd think that they'd know how to use a bayonette better than a random farmer would. Especially Egregious with the Axe arquibusiers and the Palace Halberdiers.

Indeed. Its all a bit ****ed up, the stats I mean with that.
There is already a fix for the normal units on the Moddb page hower, I believe.

talking about weird things with regiments there is ontehr  problem with regiments is that they for some reason have a sword while having a bayoneted musket so they use their weak sword and not the bayonets is this intentional ? this makes them really weak against cavarly i was killing all how stand in my way in my current play throw then i meet in army with around 30-40 cavalry those cavalry killed I would say 80 regimental  troops cause the idoits didn't use the bayonets

ahmeddiab said:
talking about weird things with regiments there is ontehr  problem with regiments is that they for some reason have a sword while having a bayoneted musket so they use their weak sword and not the bayonets is this intentional ? this makes them really weak against cavarly i was killing all how stand in my way in my current play throw then i meet in army with around 30-40 cavalry those cavalry killed I would say 80 regimental  troops cause the idoits didn't use the bayonets

Well, unless your using mr.mundy's fix for bayonet damage, the sword is a godsend as the bayonet isn't worth muck. The unmodded bayonet that the regiment use does 18 point of damage, they could stop a charge sure, but they'd be slaughtered by the cavalry because they just cannot do any damage with the damn thing. And considering they don't have any proficiency whatsoever in anything but muskets, your better off mixing them with some pike regulars. Excepting the palace halberdiers and the 6th Grenadiers, the regiments are really only useful for gun lines and human wave tactics.

Edo said:
ahmeddiab said:

Well, unless your using mr.mundy's fix for bayonet damage, the sword is a godsend as the bayonet isn't worth muck. The unmodded bayonet that the regiment use does 18 point of damage, they could stop a charge sure, but they'd be slaughtered by the cavalry because they just cannot do any damage with the damn thing. And considering they don't have any proficiency whatsoever in anything but muskets, your better off mixing them with some pike regulars. Excepting the palace halberdiers and the 6th Grenadiers, the regiments are really only useful for gun lines and human wave tactics.
yeah I am using the fix but i think the bayonets stl need a little more damage anyway i would rather my guys use the damn bayonets also so far i thought the opposite about regiments the fusiliers and musket men regiments are some of the best troops i ever saw before modern units come(witch takes a while on my current campagin iam in day 200 and stl no modrensation)

Back
Top Bottom