notables power - what is it doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Awesome! That dude with the 5 missing daughters is get'n hell'a powerful!
I think he works together with the boyfriends of his daughters.

Imagine there's village full of people who think nothing much about the dude, cause all his children are daughters and these are medieval times when not having sons means you're week.

He "hires" or just collaborates with his daughters and their boyfriends and sets the scene for unsuspecting warlord strolling into village. Warlord agrees, because, why not... Easy money, some feast thrown by old man, drink and village girls around. Now villagers suddenly see that this dude, who they thought not much about have some really neat warlord on his errands, thus making a good reputation for him. Profit.

I think he works together with the boyfriends of his daughters.

Imagine there's village full of people who think nothing much about the dude, cause all his children are daughters and these are medieval times when not having sons means you're week.

He "hires" or just collaborates with his daughters and their boyfriends and sets the scene for unsuspecting warlord strolling into village. Warlord agrees, because, why not... Easy money, some feast thrown by old man, drink and village girls around. Now villagers suddenly see that this dude, who they thought not much about have some really neat warlord on his errands, thus making a good reputation for him. Profit.
I'm astounded that we don't lose massive relations with the settlement notables where we kill the dude. I mean somebody in that village has to bury all those dead boyfriends. And yeah I know we don't have to kill him but I've only succeeded the dialog once.

I'm astounded that we don't lose massive relations with the settlement notables where we kill the dude. I mean somebody in that village has to bury all those dead boyfriends. And yeah I know we don't have to kill him but I've only succeeded the dialog once.
I always save-scum that quest to not be forced to kill the guy. I care too much about my good traits in most playthroughs :grin:

Its seems like if you do a quest for one notable it make cost relation with another but we get a gain of relation to questgiver is this a correct assumption?

Its seems like if you do a quest for one notable it make cost relation with another but we get a gain of relation to questgiver is this a correct assumption?
Not all quests are like that, but some are, yes.
That's why I only do handful of quests now.

Completing quest with village/town notables increases their 'power'. 200 power makes them 'powerful'. Doing lots of quest early game makes it so those village's landowners who were only influence/regular provide noble line units as they have gained more power mid/late game.

'Missing daughters' and 'extortion' are the best quests to do as they don't cost relationship penalty with other village notables like 'family feud' and 'access to common area' although some villages give 'access to common area' quests to villages who also provide the same quest and you can basically even the relationship out by doing it for both villages.
Also, for the 'extortion' quest, it seems that they gain an increase of power gain when you don't take money or only take half of what they offered you compared to taking the full reward.

All of the quests which give negative relation to some other notable need to be redesigned so that there's a way to resolve them without the negative, even if that option is the hardest to pull off. As it is, I just avoid all of them entirely, and that's more than half of the available quests.

All of the quests which give negative relation to some other notable need to be redesigned so that there's a way to resolve them without the negative, even if that option is the hardest to pull off. As it is, I just avoid all of them entirely, and that's more than half of the available quests.
Yepp. Also the fact, that each notable gives you just the same type of quest over and over (like the one with the 10+ daughters or the one with the bunch of relatives who ALL are upsetting the neighborhoods families, or the one who wants to send herd after herd after herd onto the same pastures) and on the other hand those notables you annoy repeatedly have most of the time no quests to rebalance your reputation with them... UNTIL your reputation went too low. THEN, for sudden, they DO have quests but they won´t give it to you because you pissed them off once too often before :LOL:

Every time you do a quest for them, they gain around 15 influence. I'm not sure if it varies by quest type, or if there are other ways to give them influence.

Not all quests give them influence. Family feud for example does not.

Not all quests are like that, but some are, yes.
That's why I only do handful of quests now.

Quests that gain/cost relation always gain more then they cost. Therefore they're always worth it in the long run. Family feud for example is +15 and -5 netting +10. And that's without charisma bonus. You just need to be careful not to fall below relation where notable will refuse to give you quest. I think it's -15.

Last edited:
Quests that gain/cost relation always gain more then they cost. Therefore they're always worth it in the long run. Family feud for example is +15 and -5 netting +10. And that's without charisma bonus. You just need to be careful not to fall below relation where notable will refuse to give you quest. I think it's -15.

It definitely happens sooner. One of my notables is at -11 and he allready refuses to give me quests. I have no idea how to get him back toward a higher relation because the message you sometimes get when security in "some of your settlements" is high and you gain relation doesn´t seem to have any effect on him either. Stubborn old fart! :xf-mad:

It definitely happens sooner. One of my notables is at -11 and he allready refuses to give me quests. I have no idea how to get him back toward a higher relation because the message you sometimes get when security in "some of your settlements" is high and you gain relation doesn´t seem to have any effect on him either. Stubborn old fart! :xf-mad:

Unless they changed it in the last patch 1.4.2, it was -15. Did you by a chance fail some of his quests, like did not deliver cattle? Game takes it for a theft. As in you taking cattle for yourself. That might be the why he refuses to give you more quests. ...just a guess.

Unless they changed it in the last patch 1.4.2, it was -15. Did you by a chance fail some of his quests, like did not deliver cattle? Game takes it for a theft. As in you taking cattle for yourself. That might be the why he refuses to give you more quests. ...just a guess.
Thats possible. No "stolen" cattles but a failed train troops-quest if i remember correctly.

Thats possible. No "stolen" cattles but a failed train troops-quest if i remember correctly.

That might be it.

Btw, if you did not manage to train all of the troops and time limit is about to expire, just level all that you can and disband unleveled ones. Quest will complete.

Back
Top Bottom