Not to move! City guard!

Users who are viewing this thread

Perhaps a poll for the town watch to give one and only one watchman this weapon. Then they would have to protect him and it has less of a chance of being abused server-wide.

Plazek said:
It is only a good idea if it is accessible only to admins.

I disagree, admins in character should be no different to anyone else. It would be just used as a form of OOC punishment instead of a roleplayed one.

It just depends on the said servers playerbase really, on a good RP server it should be avaliable to everyone.

Laszlo said:
This is something that would obviously be very fun for RP and even have benefits for standard gameplay.

But is this just a fantasy suggestion? Have you done the code, and does it work?

Paste this trigger into your mode at mission_templates after ti_after_mission_start

Code:
	  (0, 0, 0, [], 
        [
	   (try_for_agents, ":cur_agent"),
	  (agent_get_troop_id,":guardian", ":cur_agent"),
	  (eq,":guardian", "trp_guardian"), #for example. only guardian may to use this weapon. 
	   (agent_get_wielded_item,":dubina",":cur_agent",0),
	   (eq, ":dubina", "itm_morningstar_guard"), #itm_morningstar_guard -> your identifier 
	    (agent_get_position,pos1,":cur_agent"),

(try_for_agents, ":cur_agent_out"),
	  (agent_get_troop_id,":brigand", ":cur_agent_out"),
	  (eq,":brigand", "trp_brigand"), #for example again.
	  (store_agent_hit_points,":xp",":cur_agent_out"),
	  (lt, ":xp", 30),#may to change
	  (agent_get_position,pos2,":cur_agent_out"),

(agent_get_attack_action, ":attack", ":cur_agent"),
	  (eq,":attack",3), #completing_attack_after_hit
	  (get_distance_between_positions,":tuda",pos1,pos2),
	  (lt, ":tuda", 100), #distance limit
	  (entry_point_get_position, pos6, 32), #get position of jail
	  (agent_set_position,":cur_agent_out",pos6), #teleport trp_brigand to jail

(try_end),
 (try_end),
 ],
		  ),

That code looks rather interesting indeed.

Thanks very much for submitting it to us, I'll try to implement and test it as soon as I get the chance.

If it works then it not only provides a fun law enforcement tool, but may also open up a new area of fun stuff.

Cheers :smile:

Great idea, and not only to admins, as it is in the code it is fine. 

Admins can be complete pricks as well you know, they cannot be above the law!  :mrgreen:.

Plus you have to get someone's health low, with town watch stats  :shock:. Not to mention buying the best armor.

Well my concern is more with a standard and universal server law.

If anyone can have it then anyone can make the law so your gonna have all these wannabe cops making up laws so that they can justify their use of the club. As opposed to a set and established system of law enforced by the admins which the non-law-enforcement players can play around with an acceptable level of certainty with regard to whether they are within or outside of the law.

Maybe this does not concern you. But I want the law to be valid on my server.

Plazek
1) Estimating the state of opponent is difficult
2) A club can be done very uncomfortable in a fight ( short and slow)
3) While a guard changes a weapon, easily to put to death him
4) Chop chop chop >>>low health>>>Chop>>>teleport innocent to heaven. Small difference
5) Not the guilty are not :smile:

PS Now do we think that to do farther with prisoners, how regarding to compel them to work for freedom? :smile:

Oh come now, let's stop panicking about club-trolling.

1. Imprisoning someone with the club is harder than killing someone

2. Being imprisoned by someone is not as bad as being killed

therefore:
3. Trolling is not made any easier (or harmful) by the club; the incentive to troll will be created by the novelty factor of the new toy.

4. The novelty factor will wear off. Then you'll just be left with RPing guardsmen

Finally, any server admin can simply remove the club dispenser so as to make it unavailable on their server. There'll surely be a few hours or a day when everyone goes clubbing, but that would be hilarious and fun, and it will settle down before long.

Laszlo said:

There'll surely be a few hours or a day when everyone goes clubbing, but that would be hilarious and fun, and it will settle down before long.
As long as they pay the $5 cover charge and adhere to the 5 drink minimum, I totally support this  :lol:

I am not panicking I am just stating it as I see it.

-Also I fail to see how using a club to finish someone off is any harder than using a regular weapon.
-Personally I think being locked up and the only way to get out being suicide or capitulation to the troll who wrongly imprisoned you is worse than just being killed. At least when you die you know you just have to get on with it and make some more money. Being stuck in a prison with your expensive equipment and having to suicide or jump through troll made hoops is much worse.
-Finally since when has trolling ever gotten old? Beating down serfs and sending them to prison will never get old. It will be super easy too.

As with all other successful RP type mods that I have ever played or seen I think the law enforcement should be a privelidge for the trustworthy. In the hands of the admins it would be a tool to be able to deal with troublemakers in the character of the game, improving enjoyment of the game for admins. In the hands of all players it will just be yet another thing for the admins to police so as to avoid abuse, reducing enjoyment of the game for admins.

Plazek said:

-Also I fail to see how using a club to finish someone off is any harder than using a regular weapon.
-Personally I think being locked up and the only way to get out being suicide or capitulation to the troll who wrongly imprisoned you is worse than just being killed. At least when you die you know you just have to get on with it and make some more money. Being stuck in a prison with your expensive equipment and having to suicide or jump through troll made hoops is much worse.
-Finally since when has trolling ever gotten old? Beating down serfs and sending them to prison will never get old. It will be super easy too.

As with all other successful RP type mods that I have ever played or seen I think the law enforcement should be a privelidge for the trustworthy. In the hands of the admins it would be a tool to be able to deal with troublemakers in the character of the game, improving enjoyment of the game for admins. In the hands of all players it will just be yet another thing for the admins to police so as to avoid abuse, reducing enjoyment of the game for admins.

Unless said admin is Used.

Plazek said:

Take two people:

Player 1: Arming Sword
Player 2: Arming Sword & Club

Rules: Player one must kill player 2. Player 2 must incapacitate player 1 but ensuring the last blow is dealt by the club.

Let them fight.

Who will win? Player 1 every time :smile:. Ceteris paribus, imprisoning is harder than killing.

Plazek said:

[size=11pt]If 5 thugs approached you while you were wearning 100 000 denari worth of equipment and said:

"We will either kill you, or imprison you. You decide"

You would decide 'imprison'. Because there's a chance that when you arrive in prison there'll be a person standing there who will free you for 10, 000. If you can't be bothered dealing with some prison guard, just suicide, it takes 0.5 seconds and then  you're no worse off than had they killed you.

Again, being imprisoned is less harsh a punishment than death.

I also reiterate that any server admin can simply not use the club. The RP benefit of this item outweighs the threat of trolling.

i dont see the need of a club, if the person who is being imprisoned is a good RPer then they will go, if they arent then they dont need to be forced to RP, just killed.

1) Player 1 will only win more often all other things being equal. Every time is simply statistically and realisticly impossible. Given that all the best trolls roll in packs...
2) Would a proper troll ever actually let you out? Probably just make empty promises for the lulz instead.

Either way will not be a problem on 22nd server as we will soon have epic teleport admin script so I can lock up the admin gear in our future floating admin castle in the sky. So if you think it is worth the risks then cool I am just happy to have the functionality.

Back
Top Bottom